PDA

View Full Version : WHY

Marvelous
01-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Do some Bills fans want to draft a O-lineman with our #8???? That's waaay to early for a guard and Gandy & Peters are capable starters. I say we go BPA in need positions like DT,CB,DE,FS,TE etc we can get lineman galore with our other picks...
*maybe TE @#8 is a reach.....

MDFINFAN
01-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I prefer you draft a Guard with the 8th pick..you need to solidify your OL...lol

Bmax
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Guards are hardly ever picked in rd 1.....look for the 3rd round picks to spent on guards........one of them at least .. I say DT or DE in rd1 .. Ot in round 2 or cb.. and then look for best available ol or safeties in rd 3.....

Bmax..

Scumbag College
01-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I'd like them to draft Ferguson and move Gandy to LG.

hydro014
01-07-2006, 06:07 PM
you dont draft a guard in rd 1. The only OL worth that 8th pick is D'Brick and he most likely will be gone. At that 8th pick you have to take best player available.

The_Philster
01-07-2006, 06:46 PM
you dont draft a guard in rd 1. The only OL worth that 8th pick is D'Brick and he most likely will be gone. At that 8th pick you have to take best player available.
Not if it's at a position we have no need at...we got rid of Donahoe...I don't foresee us ignoring our needs any longer

Historian
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Amen to that!

HHURRICANE
01-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Do some Bills fans want to draft a O-lineman with our #8???? That's waaay to early for a guard and Gandy & Peters are capable starters. I say we go BPA in need positions like DT,CB,DE,FS,TE etc we can get lineman galore with our other picks...
*maybe TE @#8 is a reach.....

First off our first rounder had better be a DT! Period. Our second rounder as well. End of story. After that we have 2 early third rounders for the OL. FA had better address the rest of the OL because rookies in the draft aren't going to do it. Geisenger and Preston did squat this year as rookies.

FA is going to have to address CB and FS if needed. I'm tired of drafting CB's, WR's and TE's!!

We need an OL and DL!! Period.

AndreReed83
01-07-2006, 07:55 PM
If Brick is available at that spot somehow, I say we jump all over him.

HHURRICANE
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
If Brick is available at that spot somehow, I say we jump all over him.

High Draft OL's just seem to not work out!! Look at Gallery!!

Tatonka
01-07-2006, 11:29 PM
i keep seeing posts that suggest we move gandy to guard.. why? gandy was a tackle in college.. he has never shown that he is any good at guard.. his move to guard by the bears almost cost him his career.

leave him at tackle.. he is a tackle and will always be a tackle.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2006, 12:34 AM
First off our first rounder had better be a DT! Period. Our second rounder as well. End of story. After that we have 2 early third rounders for the OL. FA had better address the rest of the OL because rookies in the draft aren't going to do it. Geisenger and Preston did squat this year as rookies.

FA is going to have to address CB and FS if needed. I'm tired of drafting CB's, WR's and TE's!!

We need an OL and DL!! Period.

If we get Ngata, who is the only DT worth the #8 pick since the decline in Wright's stock after a so-so season, we will be pretty much set at the position. We have too many other needs to put all our eggs in one basket.
On the other hand, if we want to switch to a 3-4 then Wroten wouldn't be a bad choice if he is still around early 2nd round. He is a 290lb pass rushing DT who could play end in a 3-4.
I would rather see an athletic guard with a nasty streak like Davin Joseph in the second. I'll be repeating myself from here to April about this draft (depending on how the stock of these players changes):

1. Ngata
2. Joseph
3. Blue
3. Baskett

Wherever these guys go, I'm going to be checking on them for the next 2 or 3 years...I want to see if I'm any good at this. I've seen all these guys play...well...on TV, and I think they are special.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2006, 12:36 AM
i keep seeing posts that suggest we move gandy to guard.. why? gandy was a tackle in college.. he has never shown that he is any good at guard.. his move to guard by the bears almost cost him his career.

leave him at tackle.. he is a tackle and will always be a tackle.

You have a point.