PDA

View Full Version : Would the Bills have fared better in '02 with...

WG
01-23-2003, 12:49 PM
...a QB who wouldn't have tossed 15 INTs and LOST 3 FUMBLES in the 7 games the Bills lost this season?

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Maybe.

But if our D wasn't ranked #32 in takeaways, maybe some of Bledsoe's TOs would have been moot.

SABURZFAN
01-23-2003, 01:17 PM
:deadhorse

this offseason is long already,eh Wys?

WG
01-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Why does this bother you? I'm not bustin' on Drew. It's a simple question that has merit. Don't you think? I mean elsewhere in the league, TOs are the bane of any team. I'm trying to figure out why in Buffalo they are next to meaningless.

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Why does this bother you? I'm not bustin' on Drew. It's a simple question that has merit. Don't you think? I mean elsewhere in the league, TOs are the bane of any team. I'm trying to figure out why in Buffalo they are next to meaningless.

Yes turnovers killed us. But not just Drew's. Come on, no one else had any costly turnovers...

Ebenezer
01-23-2003, 03:06 PM

Yes you are...

Dig me some stats and show me what team did not lose when their QB committed more that 1 turnover a game.

kgun12
01-23-2003, 03:24 PM

:deadhorse Why does it bother you:confused: All you do is bust on Drew. Before the Draft all you did talked about was one player over and over just like this subject. If you don't believe me watch.

WHO WAS THE PLAYER WYS TALKED ABOUT NONSTOP FOR THE ENTIRE PREDRAFT?

:feedback:

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Pig Prather?

Dozerdog
01-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Nick Rolovich?

SABURZFAN
01-23-2003, 03:28 PM
:lol:

chernobylwraiths
01-23-2003, 03:44 PM
I think the player most talked about was McKinnie, although Hayneworth, Roy Williams, Harrington and Mike Williams got some talk too.

Voltron
01-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Harrington

kgun12
01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Voltron win!

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2003, 05:33 PM
"Why does this bother you? I'm not bustin' on Drew. It's a simple question that has merit. Don't you think? I mean elsewhere in the league, TOs are the bane of any team"

It does have merit and how many times do we have to tell you that we agree that they were costly turnovers that "helped" lose us games, but were not the "entire" reason for those loses. Couldn't you at least somewhat agree with that statement? I will also go as far as to say that if Bledsoe needs to stop forcing throws. Hopefully our d will be upgraded next year so it won't all be on our offense which IMO put too much pressure on Drew especially in the second half of the season.

WG
01-23-2003, 07:45 PM
This is pretty funny. I wasn't the one who voted 'yes.' I went w/ probably. LOL

WG
01-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

Yes turnovers killed us. But not just Drew's. Come on, no one else had any costly turnovers...

Perhaps you are qualified to be the president and head Ostrich!

:D

In most of our losses, Drew had the only TOs, and in all of them, he had the most and the ones that ended up costing us the most points.

In both N.E. games, K.C., 2nd Jets, and the Raider game Henry had no fumbles lost at all. Drew had 11 TOs. He had 4 in the Packers game and 2 in the first Jets game.

More specifically:

Jets #1: Team 3, Bledsoe 2
Oak: Team 3, Bledsoe 3
N.E. #1: Team 1, Bledsoe 1
K.C.: Team 1, Bledsoe 1
Jets #2: Team 3, Bledsoe 3
N.E. #2: Team 5, Bledsoe 4
G.B.: Team 6, Bledsoe 4

In those 7 losses, Drew had 17 of the team's 22 TOs to Henry's 2 TOs. 3 were due to other players. 1 defensive if I'm not mistaken. Neither of Henry's two TOs led to any points for the other team on the subsequent drives. One was a 3-and-out and we got the ball right back where we had it. The other resulted in only a field position set back.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2003, 08:59 PM
So You don't agree at all with what I said?

WG
01-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
So You don't agree at all with what I said?

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
"Why does this bother you? I'm not bustin' on Drew. It's a simple question that has merit. Don't you think? I mean elsewhere in the league, TOs are the bane of any team"

It does have merit and how many times do we have to tell you that we agree that they were costly turnovers that "helped" lose us games, but were not the "entire" reason for those loses. Couldn't you at least somewhat agree with that statement? I will also go as far as to say that if Bledsoe needs to stop forcing throws. Hopefully our d will be upgraded next year so it won't all be on our offense which IMO put too much pressure on Drew especially in the second half of the season.

Well, I realize that admitting that Drew was at least partly responsible is a big step for you. LOL But where I differ is that in many of those games it was his TOs that changed the games such that we lost. It was only his TOs other than the one by Price in the N.E. game that led to points or cost us. None of Henry's did. Drew had 18 of 21 of them. Price another that resulted in a N.E. TD. Henry's which cost us nothing. And Clements', which he intercepted Favre on the very next play to make up for it. Drew was responsible for all the TOs in 4 games, and for 2 of 3, 4 of 5, and 4 of 6 in the others.

That's too many TOs for me to ignore. I realize you think I'm just saying this for reasons of personal vendetta or something, but the truth is, and I'm totally serious here, that Drew has played this way since he's been in the league. I kid you not when I say I used to approach my Pats bud and say "look, here are the Pats toughest games this season, ..." I'd then wager him like 250 that Drew wouldn't toss more TDs than INTs in those games. I did this for like 3 or 4 years running. I never lost.

It's the way Drew is. Which is why I don't think the question is "who's better", rather "who won't throw those INTs and make those FUMs in key games at key times to cost us points and give some to the opponent.

So that's where we differ. I think that the TOs, as do many professional NFL analysts, will kill ya. Certainly they did this season. 18 personal TOs in 7 games is a crazy amount. That's way too high and I'd even wager on the very high end of the scale if not the highest amongst all starters at QB for their 7 toughest games. Particularly when he only put up 9 TDs in turn.

There's no way that can be ignored.

Anyway, hope that helps. Yes, however, you did admit, at least partially, LOL, that Drew was in fact somewhat responsible for the losses. Again, I think almost entirely in most of those 7 losses.

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2003, 09:47 PM

BillC
01-23-2003, 09:56 PM

BillC
01-23-2003, 09:56 PM

WG
01-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Wys :spanku: Ostrich Club Leader

THATHURMANATOR