PDA

View Full Version : Theres a few guys that we should get day one if possible

X-Era
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Heres the list:

UFA's

1) Steve Hutchinson- he will be resigned but if he somehow tests the market the Bills should give there left nut for the guy

2) LeCharles Bentley- I dont see him staying in NO, NO ONE wants to be there anymore. He will be out there and under Hutch, should be our #1 MUST sign

3 and beyond) Damione Lewis, Chris Hovan, Ryan Pickett, Larry Tripplett maybe Grady Jackson. This is a good group, there is no bigt ime player but ANY are upgrades to Ron, Tim, or Justin. Id take the pick of the litter at a second tier FA contract

Marquand Manuel, or Tank Williams- Sea cant resign everyone, they have a MAJOR problem with Alexnader and also have to resign Hutch plus Manuel, one or more of these guys will be out there, Mauel can flat out play and is young enough to be worth second tier S money. The Titans are over the cap again and must make cuts, Tank is a great S, another second tier guy that EASILY could replace one of our S's.

To be cuts:

Lavarr Arrington- I dont care what anyone says, the guy doesnt have character issues. He can play, he should be starting, but isnt. I tell ya what, someone is gonna get one hell of a deal on this guy when hes cut. He wont sign for the monsterous money his talent deserves. Crowell can start, but you dont get a shot at a guy like Arrington for what will be a cheap contract very often. I say get him.

Again, if your a fan of the bargain basement types, this sint your year or maybe even era. Marv aint going that route. I bet a few of the above names are Bills next year. Just wait and see.

As far as the draft. If Clements leaves, I say Huff or Williams. If not, maybe John Scott or a trade down to mid to late 1 and take Whitworth, Rod Wright, Ngata, or Eric Winston. MANY of these guys will be there and the teams there are gonna get great bargains. I wouldnt mind Hodge if we are switching to the 3-4, or even Greenway but he hasnt shown me enough. My sleeper is one of the big name TE's either Davis or Lewis. But thats if they show all the scouts what I think they will, if Clements is still here, and if BOTH Super Mario and Kiwi dont drop. Marv knows what a Bruce Smith brings to a team. EVEN if the top DB's, DT's, and OT's, are there I can see him taking one of these guys. Its a matter of value at your pick, Schobel had 12 sacks, but hes no Smith.

Now, if NO DT's or OT's are worth it at 8 (and right now, none outside of D'Brick are), Clements is still here, and BOTH Super Mario and Kiwi are gone; and all of that COULD happen, We may just take a TE. Its a matter of how each player stands out at their position, if Lewis and Davis are viewed as what I think they are, BETTER prospects than Shockey, Winslow, AND Miller, I wouldnt be surprised if we go this route.

Bmax
01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
No way the bills pick Te in rd one....They would trade down before they ever did that... The bills have never used the te as the secondary target ..Let alone primary...I agree with the possibility of certain players slipping. But hey ...the draft is a crap shoot...who knows the combine and senior bowl will tell us a lot.

I still like ngata...Forget about the stories of him not making plays in bowl game .. I watched the game ...He was constanly doubled..In the nfl this is what you want a guy who has to be doubled who can free up your linebackers to make plays....Think ted washington when he was quick or sam adams when he is motivated.. Ngata can be that type of player...

Bmax

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Marv is the GM of football operations he won't be involved with signing the players Modrak will be in charge of doing that.

The_Philster
01-07-2006, 05:47 PM
No way the bills pick Te in rd one....They would trade down before they ever did that... The bills have never used the te as the secondary target ..Let alone primary...TE Pete Metzelaars led the team in receptions in 94
That being said, we just drafted Everitt last year..and Campbell has been dependable ..Euhus still has a lot of upside as well

hydro014
01-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Huff said hes staying in school