PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone going to be looking for vs. Minnesota this next Friday?

WG
08-10-2002, 12:56 PM
I think the butterflies w/ Drew should be gone so we'll have to focus highly on establishing our running game. I strongly believe that is pivotal to achieve success this season.

We fact the 30th, 25th, and 23rd rushing Ds from last year for the remainder of our 3 PS games, so if we cannot run against them, even in preseason, then it could raise serious issues for this season.

GW needs to leave Henry in until it works. Whichever OL he uses doesn't matter. Minnesota is not good enough that we should have any trouble at all rushing against them this week.

We also need to do a respectable job of containing Bennett and the Vike rushing game as well. They are far worse than what we will face throughout most of the season, so again, if we cannot stop him, then it could spell trouble for us this year.

At some point we need to have a certain amount of things in place for what figures to be a very winable game on the home-opener vs. the Jets.

IMO those are the two most important things for the Vike game and for us to achieve success this season. A rush D in the top 18 and our own "finding our rushing game."

Novacane
08-10-2002, 01:00 PM
I want to see improvement in the running game too which I believe we will!

justasportsfan
08-10-2002, 01:05 PM
First of al NO INJURIES!

Run, run run.

Stuff the run!

More importantly, the Jills!. :inlove:

Novacane
08-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Forgot about that jusa.......
Definatley no injuries! That is most important!

Typ0
08-10-2002, 01:11 PM
I don't think much about it really. They have four pre-season games to prepare and they aren't out there with winning a game being the priority. They have a plan of what they want to expirement with when they hit the field and that is what they do. The team is preparing for the JETS on opening day not the Minnesota Vikings. Hence I don't hold much weight in what happens in the pre-season games except how well we execute the fundamentals. We're not too bad. Our DLine sucks.

WG
08-10-2002, 01:12 PM
At this point, who cares if our entire DL gets injured. Just slide out a tackling sled onto the field...

We can pay each upright vet-min! :D

;)

WG
08-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Except PW of course...

Novacane
08-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

More importantly, the Jills!. :inlove:

We moved down the the front row of the endzone last night just to watch them since the game sucked. A few of them are dogs. They sure wiggle those hot bods though. The ugly ones could always :baghead:

shelby
08-10-2002, 03:12 PM
the D line definitely needs some improvement.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Figuring out the fastest way to get a beer and to the bathroom from section 122 seat 4.

Sabre Ally
08-10-2002, 04:35 PM
:rofl:

1. Don't try to get that beer during halftime
2. Up the stairs and take a left, the closest bathrooms are near Sec. 118 :up:

The_Philster
08-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Figuring out the fastest way to get a beer and to the bathroom from section 122 seat 4.

I guess you found the slowest way at halftime didn't ya? ;)

StillLurkin
08-10-2002, 08:00 PM
if i can keep my eyes off the Jill's and all that hip and bootie gyrating :bluangel: i would like to see better play out of the D-line, especially Denny. good lord he sucked last night!! and i'd like to see the Bill's establish a running game. lastly i'd like to see Clements knock Moss into the 3rd quarter!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
08-10-2002, 08:15 PM
StillLurkin...as far as keeping your eyes off the Jills, i don't know how to help you there...it's kinda rough sometimes...though the fact that I have made friends with some of them makes it easier for me to have respect for these ladies than some people (hint, hint...you guys know who you are). So on one hand, I don't pay as much attention to what they shake as I do their choreography but on the other hand I wind up watching them a little more often than I probably should. I figure that's because of the way last season went and I hope this season will be exciting enough that I can keep my eyes on the field more.

BigMike68
08-10-2002, 10:07 PM
The first thing im gonna be looking for is two tickets for the game.

WG
08-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Check the Swap Zone

TigerJ
08-10-2002, 10:39 PM
I agree, Wys. The team needs to pay specific attention to running and stopping the run in the remaining preseason games. I'd play Bledsoe for about a series, but I'd leave the starting O-line and Travis Henry in for about a half until it's prettly clear they've got things down. Except for Pat Williams, I'd give the starting D-line a lot of reps too. I know injuries are an issue here, but they can even happen in practice. I really thing the lines both need to gel before the regular season gets underway.

Captain gameboy
08-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Allow Jonas Jennings to operate as an island. If he can handle the LT spot, leave him there. If he can't give Teague the spot, move JJ, and they'll both get 4 weeks to adjust. If we wait till the last minute, there could be trouble. IMHO, the movement of JJ to LT is a bit of a gamble and the Bengals game didn't prove or disprove the efficacy of it. Run a vanilla game plan, (remember we play them in the reg season), and see how we stack up man to man. We're getting to the point where cuts have to be made. It wouldn't be as exciting as the first quarter of the Bengals game, but may be the best thing for the team. I really want to see proof that JJ is capable of handling the LT spot.
Whats up with Fariris? Is there hope?