PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey has long to-do list

The_Philster
01-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey scored his first huge victory of the offseason this week: He saved his job. The Buffalo Bills coach played his cards right with Ralph C. Wilson Jr. over the past two years and made enough concessions in meetings this week to convince the team's owner that he still is the man for the job. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060108/1069790.asp)

X-Era
01-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey scored his first huge victory of the offseason this week: He saved his job. The Buffalo Bills coach played his cards right with Ralph C. Wilson Jr. over the past two years and made enough concessions in meetings this week to convince the team's owner that he still is the man for the job. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060108/1069790.asp)

This is a very good article.

For the life of me, I cant understand how anyone can defend Holcomb at this point or even think we should be playing him. I guess the media somehow thinks that moving the ball and then getting few if any points under Holcomb is good enough to win.

But even the easiest equation in the game of football is you have to score more points than your opponent.

That should make "production" like 3 to 0 going into a half against the defending league champs a sure way to get fan and media criticism and earn your way to the bench. But somehow Holcomb is resilient.

Its a head scratcher for sure.

In a way I blame Losman. If the reports are true and Losman has actually somehow turned his team off, rather than the team just wanting to win under a vet. Then, Losman should wake up and keep his "leadership" and yes thats what it is, quiet until he is proven on the field.

If he play strong and proves ON the field that he can be THE guy, THEN he should let his tough winners mentality out. The mouthy whiners will have NO reason to talk if Losman is playing well, and the TRUE nature of who ha sthe right approach and who doesnt will be PERFECTLY clear.

I honestly think this issue of Losman turning off his teammates is just a media spin. I think Moulds, Adams, and others are simply unwilling to put in there all each and every week only to struggle at the QB spot because we are developing our young QB. Its a selfish, NON team attitude. And the players arent smart enought o realize that Holcomb aint taking us anywhere. Hopefully, the 4 int stinker should go A LONG way toward making the realize they are screwed if they dont work WITH and THROUGH JP at QB rather than AROUND him. But we will have to see.

mybills
01-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Good post, until you said this..

I think Moulds, Adams, and others are simply unwilling to put in there all each and every week only to struggle at the QB spot because we are developing our young QB. Its a selfish, NON team attitude.
:rolleyes:

Typ0
01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
I've heard the things Lossman says. He's a rookie. I can see where he can turn people off.

ICE74129
01-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Good post, until you said this..

:rolleyes:

He is 100% Correct. They are both selfish as hell. They aren't owed anything. They aren't owed 'the best chance at the playoffs'. They are to go out, give 100% regardless of who is at QB or what roll they are asked to play. Time to cut the BS and DO THIER JOBS!

ICE74129
01-08-2006, 09:14 AM
I've heard the things Lossman says. He's a rookie. I can see where he can turn people off.

By what? Working his arse off and demanding no less from his team mates? Getting in thier arses when they 1/2 arse it? Gee, sounds more like a LEADER than anyone on this team.

Too bad the self centered vets are 'offended' by this rookie having a better work ethic