PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP did Eli pick....

Devin
01-08-2006, 02:24 PM
a ****ty game to return to rookie play status.

Good god. Doesnt help that Foster is having a career day.

feelthepain
01-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Eli said when he was drafted by the Chargers he refused to play for them if they drafted him, so they had no choice but to draft Rivers instead. What an arrogant jerk, I don't care if it was Eli or his father that came up with the idea that Eli was too good for the Chargers, but Eli is clearly the worst player on the field today. I'm glad he's having a bad day because all he's done is give the impression he's to good to be a Charger and how can that not be translated as a me,I,myself type of player. If we have a chance at Leinart and he pulls this same kind of crap, (and it has been reported that Matt might do this) I say pass because I don't want this piss poor attitude as the leader of my team. I'm glad he's not on my team.

Devin
01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Eli said when he was drafted by the Chargers he refused to play for them if they drafted him, so they had no choice but to draft Rivers instead. What an arrogant jerk, I don't care if it was Eli or his father that came up with the idea that Eli was too good for the Chargers, but Eli is clearly the worst player on the field today. I'm glad he's having a bad day because all he's done is give the impression he's to good to be a Charger and how can that not be translated as a me,I,myself type of player. If we have a chance at Leinart and he pulls this same kind of crap, (and it has been reported that Matt might do this) I say pass because I don't want this piss poor attitude as the leader of my team. I'm glad he's not on my team.

I feel the same, id be perfectly content to see him fail.

Players in the NFL draft should not be allowed to pick their location. WTF is the point of the draft then.

DaBills
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I was gonna say, either the Giants really suck, or Carolina's pretty dman good team. That's how a defense should play. Seattle, watch out.

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM

The Chargers DID end up drafting Manning.

The Giants then selected Rivers with the 4th overall pick.

About an hour after the Giants selected Rivers, the two teams swung a trade. The Chargers got Rivers, New York's third-round pick in 2004 (Nick Hardwick, C) and the Giants' first (Shawn Merriman) and a fifth-rounder in 2005.

The_Philster
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I feel the same, id be perfectly content to see him fail.

Players in the NFL draft should not be allowed to pick their location. WTF is the point of the draft then.Well, Elway pulled a a similar stunt but I agree...if you wanna choose where you play, don't declare for the draft and sign as an UDFA for the team you want

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Basically, the Manning decision was a HUGE favor for the Chargers. If they decide to keep Brees and deal Rivers, they will most likely get another 1st round pick back.

Devin
01-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Its the principal of the matter DD!

feelthepain
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Its the principal of the matter DD!

This was my whole point, I know exactly how the draft transpired DD and that has noting to do with my comments. I love seeing Eli fail because any time you think you're bigger then the game or teams then you've somehow missed the boat and you're no longer an asset to the league. I'm a fan of football and I love the draft, I don't like watching the team with the #1 pick have to comprimise their plans to improve because one player thinks he's too good for that team. The whole point of the draft is to improve, if a player is drafted #1 then that team thinks you are what they need to improve. Months and months of planning goes into the draft, and then one player throws a wrench into all the hard work?!?!?! I think that team should file a lawsuit against Eli for all the money and time spent in putting the draft together just to have it go to waste because of one player being a spoiled bratt. I think the only reason they didn't file a suit is because it worked out for the Chargers....luckily!!

Billsrock4life
01-08-2006, 05:13 PM
not suprised the giants r medicore at best....... but the panthers beat them worse then i expected

honey
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Looked like the Panthers couldn't do anything wrong today. :up:

hydro014
01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
i wonder if their is going to be a QB contest in there training camp now (sarcasm).