• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Famous Marv-isms

"Our style is simple but not that easy. Roll up your sleeves and play good, solid football. We want to develop a quality football team that is going to last. Our goal is to win the Super Bowl and win it again and again."
    "Our players and coaches had their eye on the target early in the week despite the unsettling aspects of having a new coach. Their minds were on the Steelers, not me. I didn’t call the plays; I left that to Bob Leahy. You try instead to promote philosophical ideas. The goal was to get them to be unselfish and rely on the other players. Winning didn’t need to be the goal. Winning will come if you do the other things."

-Nov. 9, 1986, following Levy's Buffalo debut against Pittsburgh

"One of my jobs is to help this team get over the hump, to realize it can win in the second half. Confidence builds slowly, but once you get there, confidence breeds confidence."

-Nov. 16, 1986, after a loss to Miami

"I don’t think you win because you have more experience or that you’ve been there before. You go out and play the game."

"Don’t play dumb and don’t play dirty."
    "Don’t stamp all of the fans up there by saying that the fans are booing because most of them are for you."
    "You can analyze all you want, but if you win the turnover battle, you’ll win about 93 percent of your games. I don’t care what the other stats say."
    "We’re not going to win because we’re good guys or because we know how to pull them out or because we kicked a field goal like last year. We’re going to win by playing better than we did last year because we had some good fortune. We earned a lot of that good fortune and we have to do it again. We did some dumb, dirty things and gave them some gifts."
    "When my coaching days are over, this is one victory I’ll always remember. To keep coming back and overcome a lot of things that went wrong meant a great deal to us. And Jim was just magnificent. He has rallied us so many times, I’m starting to lose count." http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3557
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Famous Marv-isms

"What you do should speak so loudly that no one will hear what you say."

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: Famous Marv-isms

Do you know why Hitler lost the war?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66