PDA

View Full Version : Did Holcomb suit up for Cinci?

ICE74129
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
It sure as hell looked like it:lmao: I mean Kitna was hot throwing all that short Sh@!, but when they needed him to WIN the game, he didn't come through....Just like Holcomb.

You holcombites just saw our season next year (minus playoffs) if holcomb is the starter. If they don't feel JP is the man, they better trade him and get a younger Vet with more upside than holcomb and hand him the reigns

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Cincy's defense is what killed them....just as in the past 3 weeks of the season.

Cincy's offense held their own for much of the first half. Playing catch up, even with Palmer vs Pittsburgh, ain't no picnic.

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't see the corolation between Kitna (no playing time all season coming in cold in a playoff game) and Holcomb.

Both are veteran skilled backups. One has a Pro Bowl starter in front of him, the other a guy who struggled with back to back 75 yard passing games.

What is the point?

ICE74129
01-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't see the corolation between Kitna (no playing time all season coming in cold in a playoff game) and Holcomb.

Both are veteran skilled backups. One has a Pro Bowl starter in front of him, the other a guy who struggled with back to back 75 yard passing games.

What is the point?
The point is Holcomb and Kitna are BACKUPS and nothing more. PERIOD! They are not starters and neither should be allowed to even THINK about being a teams full time starter.

No team is going anywhere with either QB as their starter. And point also being is neither can throw more than 30 yards worth a damn, both can only succeed when throwing 3-5 yard routes. Both FAIL when the game is put in thier shoulders.

Ebenezer
01-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Kitna entered the game at 0-0...led 10-0 and 17-7...seems to me he was productive until the defense pooped the bed.

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 09:01 PM
The point is Holcomb and Kitna are BACKUPS and nothing more. PERIOD! They are not starters and neither should be allowed to even THINK about being a teams full time starter.

No team is going anywhere with either QB as their starter. And point also being is neither can throw more than 30 yards worth a damn, both can only succeed when throwing 3-5 yard routes. Both FAIL when the game is put in thier shoulders.

Well then...OK... but I still don't see the point.

This description sounds a lot more like JP as well. He's failed as much if not more to this point than Kitna or Holcomb

AndreReed83
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I'd say the officiating is what killed the Bengals. Very one sided for the Steelers and a blind eye was turned towards the Steelers poor sportsmanship ALL game. I've lost all respect for Cowher.

Second half, an obvious pass interference is not called on the Steelers. The ball should have been on the 2 and an easy touchdown should have ensued. Instead, the no call leads to a muffed snap on a field goal.

Steelers on the drive, have a 3rd and short. Jerome Bettis obviously doesn't make it. The official spotting the ball mystically gives the "Bus" an extra yard and a quick snap ruins a chance for a challenge. Later, a phantom pass interference is called on the Bengals, leading to a goalline situation. A Steelers touchdown is eventually scored.

3 and out, Steelers ball again. A gadget play is ran and a touchdown is scored. BUT! Number 81 for the Steelers was moving sideways AND forward before the snap of the ball. An easy false start not called. 28-17, and officiating against them, the pressure was too much for the Bengals to overcome, easy win Steelers.

The refs did not handle this game well at ALL. First off, the Steelers came out of the gates with late hits, cheapshots, and talking smack. Numerous times Housmanzedah was kicked, received headbutts, piled on late and was even ridden by number 28 once throughout the first drive. One penalty on the Steelers could have stopped this. Instead, the first personal foul thrown is on the Bengals, a play in which the player hit out of bounds met the Bengals player FIRST.

On one drive, although the Bengals did eventually score a touchdown (thanks to an idiotic personal foul by Polumalu, of which, he should have been ejected), a holding call went against the Bengals. First off, there was NO holding on the play. Second off, a Steeler DT was in the backfield BEFORE the ball was even snapped. Easy offsides call.

The hit on Palmer. I don't care if the player was blocked to the ground. He hit the ground well before Palmer's knee, he looked at where he was going, GRABBED the leg, and kept rolling. Roethlisberger is lucky he didn't receive the same cheapshot, but Marvin Lewis just proved he has more class then Cowher ever did. Cowher is desperate for a Super Bowl win. He doesn't deserve it. I hope the Steelers are humiliated in their next game.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Cinci did look a heck of a lot like Buffalo today. No second half offense, couldn't stop the run to save their lives.
The earlier game was similar. The Giants couldn't do a thing on offense and got run over.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I hope the Steelers are humiliated in their next game.

Me too! Go Indy!!!

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
The hit on Palmer. I don't care if the player was blocked to the ground. He hit the ground well before Palmer's knee, he looked at where he was going, GRABBED the leg, and kept rolling. Roethlisberger is lucky he didn't receive the same cheapshot, but Marvin Lewis just proved he has more class then Cowher ever did. Cowher is desperate for a Super Bowl win. He doesn't deserve it. I hope the Steelers are humiliated in their next game.Oh please- this part completely discredits your whole post.

Did you see the replay? Or the extended replay showing how upset the guy got after the hit? His name escapes me now, but he was a Bengal team mate of Palmer the previous two seasons. He was visibly distraught after he realized Palmer got hurt.

Your saying the guy was deliberately going for the knees? Man- go ahead and hate Pittsburgh all ya want but spare us the ridiculous plot twists

DaBills
01-08-2006, 11:21 PM
I think losing Palmer threw Cinnci in shock and they just couldn't recover. You gameplan with Palmer, then JK comes in. No way he could have the same rythym Johnson and Palmer had built up this season. And that's what they needed to get back in the game. But I agree: Cinnci's D was keeping them in it in the first half, 'til the whole bed poop thing.

:afro:

billsburgh
01-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh please- this part completely discredits your whole post.

Did you see the replay? Or the extended replay showing how upset the guy got after the hit? His name escapes me now, but he was a Bengal team mate of Palmer the previous two seasons. He was visibly distraught after he realized Palmer got hurt.

Your saying the guy was deliberately going for the knees? Man- go ahead and hate Pittsburgh all ya want but spare us the ridiculous plot twists
It was Kimo Von Olhofen or something like that. He's been with the steelers for a few years now, he was with the Bengals when they were really bad. You're right he did look upset when he realized Palmer was hurt.

Dozerdog
01-08-2006, 11:52 PM
That's it. thanks for the correction :up:

AndreReed83
01-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh please yourself. I think it's fairly obviously he meant to roll him up. Honestly, I think it was a spur of the moment thing. He made a conscious decision in his mind to do it and when he saw Carson on the ground in pain, he regretted it. And point out the plot twists? I didn't stretch anything or make up any stories. All I stated in my post was truth.

ICE74129
01-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Well then...OK... but I still don't see the point.

This description sounds a lot more like JP as well. He's failed as much if not more to this point than Kitna or Holcomb

JP can put the ball downfield. Kitna and Holcomb = longtime backups that still think they are starters but have never had the skills to succeed as one. JP = a guy with all the skills, but is just a first year guy making first year mistakes.

LtFinFan66
01-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh please yourself. I think it's fairly obviously he meant to roll him up. Honestly, I think it was a spur of the moment thing. He made a conscious decision in his mind to do it and when he saw Carson on the ground in pain, he regretted it. And point out the plot twists? I didn't stretch anything or make up any stories. All I stated in my post was truth.BULL!!!! Total accident after getting blocked into him. No intent whatsoever! you are nuts!!

Stewie
01-09-2006, 08:09 AM

What is the point?

The point, Dozer, was that Holcomb and Kitna are the same guy.

Smart
Weak Arm
Leader
Respected
Dink and dunk

Kitna is far more accomplished, but Holcomb didn't have nearly similar opportunities sitting behind a 60 million dollar #1 overall crybaby.

Perfect backup quarterbacks.

ICE74129
01-09-2006, 08:19 AM
The point, Dozer, was that Holcomb and Kitna are the same guy.

Smart
Weak Arm
Leader
Respected
Dink and dunk

Kitna is far more accomplished, but Holcomb didn't have nearly similar opportunities sitting behind a 60 million dollar #1 overall crybaby.

Perfect backup quarterbacks.

The Key word being BACKUPS...not STARTERS....BACKUPS. It amazes me how only in Buffalo and with the Buffalo fanbase they can defend mediocraty, and expect it to change once doning the Buffalo colors. 'but he didn't get the chance in cleveland'. Uh yeah he did and sucked. He has a losing record as a starter. He is what he is, a BACKUP. Meaning, don't give a career BACKUP a chance to be the STARTER on your team...you WILL FAIL.

And let me add, Everyone ripps JP for going to Tulane a small school. Then Why aren't the same fans ripping on Holcomb? Last time I checked, Mid Tenn State should realistically be an NAIA school.