PDA

View Full Version : Bucs considering TO

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
This got buried.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may seriously consider signing wide receiver Terrell Owens when he is released by the Philadelphia Eagles.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3618

If Gruden couldn't deal with Meshawn, good luck with Owens. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
May I ASS CUP YOU...PLEASE- can you please exactly what that means, A friend of mine has a bet running with me and I just want to make sure. Independent verification you see, if you can send it in a Private message it would be better but on here is fine as well ,thanks MR . miyagi!!.

Mr. Cynical
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
If Gruden couldn't deal with Meshawn, good luck with Owens. :snicker:

lol

:posrep:

Kerr
01-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Owens is a handfull. As long as Gruden can give him the ball and keep him happy, they'll be fine. But there is the factor of having a young qb getting him the ball. Owens didn't want to play in baltimore because kyle boller was unproven. Simms, while helping the bucs reach the playoffs, is probably not enough of a certainty for Owens. I think Owens will only play for an experienced proven qb. The question is, who would want to play with him?

RedEyE
01-09-2006, 12:54 PM
It wasn't just Meshawn that was the problem, it was the combination of Meshawn and Sapp.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 01:53 PM
May I ASS CUP YOU...PLEASE- can you please exactly what that means, A friend of mine has a bet running with me and I just want to make sure. Independent verification you see, if you can send it in a Private message it would be better but on here is fine as well ,thanks MR . miyagi!!.
Ask TopDog, or better yet, Voltron. :rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
The question is, who would want to play with him?
The team that will take TO will:

have a "win-now" coach
have a running game
have a veteran QB
have an owner who is willing to spend money
have an owner who will bring in players regardless of character

Answer: The Dallas Cowboys

Typ0
01-09-2006, 02:21 PM
The Bucs are a good fit for Owens. Simms has been solid for a young QB and looked good in the playoff game yesterday. I thought the Bucs were going to struggle for another year but they did quite well and are young. They may be able to take it to the next level and they need a playmaker like Owens on Offense.

The King
01-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I agree TO will end up in Dallas.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I agree TO will end up in Dallas.
IF they would ever forgive him for the star incident.

dolphinssuck
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I believe TO would be a good addition in Dallas but as posted before the star incident was really like a spit in Dallas players and fans face. Personally I think he'll end up in Tampa Bay. The Bucs are gonna be a force the next few seasons and I cant see TO and Parcells working together at all.

Historian
01-09-2006, 03:53 PM
What's that old expression about, "One man''s trash...."?

DaBills
01-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Thing is, you knew someone was going to go for him. He's a one-year wonder. And now, TO knows he's not getting a long-term deal, because what team would be stupid enough. Teams will sign him for one year, get their playoff appearance, and anything after that without problems? Gravy.

Eagles gambled on him and ulitmately lost, but during that SB run two years ago, they got their money's worth.

No way, NO WAY he ends up in Dallas with Me-Shawn. The hole in the roof down there ain't big enough to hold those two egos. The first time Drew goes for 8 sacks in one game? TO finds the nearest mic and starts *****ing.

He needs a a QB to get him the ball, and Simms already looks way more mobile than DB. (Wait, sorry, Madden's more mobile than DB.) But Tampa might not be a bad fit. Think about it with Cadillac and Alstot BOOM! making teams respect the run, then TO goes deep one-on-one. It's not that far-fetched.

dolphinssuck
01-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Thing is, you knew someone was going to go for him. He's a one-year wonder. And now, TO knows he's not getting a long-term deal, because what team would be stupid enough. Teams will sign him for one year, get their playoff appearance, and anything after that without problems? Gravy.

Eagles gambled on him and ulitmately lost, but during that SB run two years ago, they got their money's worth.

No way, NO WAY he ends up in Dallas with Me-Shawn. The hole in the roof down there ain't big enough to hold those two egos. The first time Drew goes for 8 sacks in one game? TO finds the nearest mic and starts *****ing.

He needs a a QB to get him the ball, and Simms already looks way more mobile than DB. (Wait, sorry, Madden's more mobile than DB.) But Tampa might not be a bad fit. Think about it with Cadillac and Alstot BOOM! making teams respect the run, then TO goes deep one-on-one. It's not that far-fetched.So true besides the fact him and Parcells would butt heads KJ would have a problem with a player with a bigger ego and more talent than him in Dallas. TO would fit in Tampa nicely until he started :cry: about the money and remember Tampa already had one cry baby in KJ and they'll have no tolerance for TO.

DaBills
01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
So true besides the fact him and Parcells would butt heads KJ would have a problem with a player with a bigger ego and more talent than him in Dallas. TO would fit in Tampa nicely until he started :cry: about the money and remember Tampa already had one cry baby in KJ and they'll have no tolerance for TO.

But a healthy TO is hard to resist having, and this time around they may deal with it better. Especially when you look at what Chad Johnson and Palmer were able to do this year. I gotta think Gruden looks at Simms needing a deep threat like that.

Typ0
01-09-2006, 06:44 PM

He needs a a QB to get him the ball, and Simms already looks way more mobile than DB. (Wait, sorry, Madden's more mobile than DB.) But Tampa might not be a bad fit. Think about it with Cadillac and Alstot BOOM! making teams respect the run, then TO goes deep one-on-one. It's not that far-fetched.

He's hardly a one year wonder. He produces every time he hits the field. This is one guy who totally has the performance to go with his mouth.

DaBills
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
" He's hardly a one year wonder."

Not in terms of talent. In terms of his ability to go one year with igniting a controversey.

dolphinssuck
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
No doubt hes an amazing talent year in and year out but off the field :cry: .