PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Williams gets 1$ mill if not Gibbs Successor...

RedEyE
01-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Now it all makes since, doesn't it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2284695

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Good ol Man-boobs.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Still, he's not going anywhere and Mortensen has confirmed that if and when Joe Gibbs retires, Williams will get a $1 million bonus if he is still on staff and is not named as Gibbs' successor.
If the Skins decide against GW, couldn't they just fire him prior to Gibbs retiring?

OpIv37
01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
He will be Gibbs' successor. People have been saying that for over a year around here.

Honestly, I think Gregg Williams will make a good HC in the near future. He obviously knows D, and if he learned from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo I think he can do well.

RedEyE
01-09-2006, 02:38 PM
He will be Gibbs' successor. People have been saying that for over a year around here.

Honestly, I think Gregg Williams will make a good HC in the near future. He obviously knows D, and if he learned from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo I think he can do well.

How well? Well enough to give him another chance in Buffalo?

OpIv37
01-09-2006, 02:52 PM
How well? Well enough to give him another chance in Buffalo?

I'm pretty sure he's burned his bridges here but you never know. After watching this D fall apart, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back if he had the right OC. I think his biggest mistake in Buffalo was his lack of ability to bring Gilbride in line and make him run a real offense.

Historian
01-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Greg Williams is a piece of crap.

Wanna credit someone with their good season?

Credit Joe Bugel.