PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clements was the scapegoat!

Michael82
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
I just re-read an article in the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle from a couple days ago and spotted a line that makes me wonder. Maybe Mularkey was the problem with the offense all along and Clements was just a scapegoat. If that is the case, the offense won't get any better. :(

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060107/SPORTS03/601070336/1007/SPORTS

In some league circles, it's felt that Clements got a raw deal from Mularkey, who did no better calling plays for Buffalo's anemic offense. It's believed Clements was handed the job back for the final two games and Buffalo's production improved against Cincinnati and the New York Jets.

Mudflap1
01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Tom Clements = under the bus.

Jon

L.A. Playa
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
even if he did take over the play calling the Bills still lost to the Jets and if it wasnt for Terrence McGee would have lost to the Bengals, so I dont see why it matters much

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
It doesn't. Clements was not doing well early in the year either.

There is no scapegoat. They all blew it and Mularkey got lucky. It's a good thing for MM that Ralph likes to give people the benefit of the doubt when they are viewed through money-green tinted glasses.

I wanted to give MM the benefit of the doubt,too, but if you're going to clean house, clean house.

All that said, I still have hope for MM. He now has an excellent tutor.

On another note...I wonder how Wyche and Marv will get along. I could see those two being as thick as thieves.

Michael82
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Tom Clements = under the bus.

Jon
Yup, and Mularkey has no problems being behind the wheel. :ill:

BTW, this is also why no legit coach would want to come here to be Offensive Coordinator. They know that Mularkey wants to run it his way and will take control just like this year.

Michael82
01-09-2006, 06:20 PM
It doesn't. Clements was not doing well early in the year either.

There is no scapegoat. They all blew it and Mularkey got lucky. It's a good thing for MM that Ralph likes to give people the benefit of the doubt when they are viewed through money-green tinted glasses.

I wanted to give MM the benefit of the doubt,too, but if you're going to clean house, clean house.

All that said, I still have hope for MM. He now has an excellent tutor.

On another note...I wonder how Wyche and Marv will get along. I could see those two being as thick as thieves.
I have hope for Mularkey too, because I think that Marv will be mentoring him a lot behind the scenes...helping him become a better coach. :up:

:pray:

ICE74129
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Ok look...you are an OC. Your line can't run block, they can't pass block. Your top WR won't give 100% unless your backup QB (That he and the top TE on this team 'Likes') is in there.

Your top RB quits on you about week 10.

So tell me, WTF was the man to do? He has SH#@ for an OL. Pure and absolute SH@!. He was damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

Also, I am willing to bet real money right now part of MM saving his job was the fact he needed to hire an OC and let him handle ALL playcalling with NO interfierance. Marv is HUGE on letting the Assistants do thier jobs and staying out of it.

Michael82
01-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Also, I am willing to bet real money right now part of MM saving his job was the fact he needed to hire an OC and let him handle ALL playcalling with NO interfierance. Marv is HUGE on letting the Assistants do thier jobs and staying out of it.

I hope that you are right. But I worry it will be some assistant from Pittsburgh and he'll be a figurehead while Mularkey basically runs the offense. :ill:

Historian
01-10-2006, 04:31 AM
BTW, this is also why no legit coach would want to come here to be Offensive Coordinator. They know that Mularkey wants to run it his way and will take control just like this year.

I have hope for Mularkey too, because I think that Marv will be mentoring him a lot behind the scenes...helping him become a better coach.

You just answered your own question Mike.

madness
01-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Ok look...you are an OC. Your line can't run block, they can't pass block. Your top WR won't give 100% unless your backup QB (That he and the top TE on this team 'Likes') is in there.

Your top RB quits on you about week 10.

So tell me, WTF was the man to do? He has SH#@ for an OL. Pure and absolute SH@!. He was damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

:goodpost: