PDA

View Full Version : Can Rian Lindell Kick Long Field Goals?

Meathead
01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
and please, no statistics

vicmantak
01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
As JP... the problem with Lindell is that he unfairly got the job by assignment.

Anyhow, I hope the "new" FO are still not commited on him...

Spiderweb
01-09-2006, 11:47 PM
As JP... the problem with Lindell is that he unfairly got the job by assignment.

Anyhow, I hope the "new" FO are still not commited on him...

Lindell may have gotten the job by appointment (most kickers do), however save two poor games he had this year, he was very very good in the others. Without giving "stats" (which is kinda silly not to), we was perfect beyond 50 this year so the answer is "yes", he can. Lindell is not one of our problems requiring immediate resolution.

ddaryl
01-10-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm on the Lindell bangwagon now. He earned my respect this season

Historian
01-10-2006, 04:23 AM
While Lindell is far from perfect, I would say the kicking game is the least of our worries.

Too much else to concentrate on this off-season.

Night Train
01-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Can Joe Burns cook good pasta ?

I mean,the heck with the OL, DL and coaching...this is FAR more important.

G. Host
01-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Lindell needs to keep up the offseason routine; I have no problem with the improved Lindell.

madness
01-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I'd like to see one of his doubters go try and kick in those winds @ OBD.

jmb1099
01-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Lindell needs to keep up the offseason routine; I have no problem with the improved Lindell.
Agreed.
I remember holding my breath every time he got up to kick (which was often this year) but with the exception of a few times he delivered. If he continues to work hard during the offseason we should be ok.

Bill Brasky
01-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Lindell and Reed were both in the same boat beginning last season... both should have been gone but were kept and played well enough to keep their roster spot for this coming season, IMO.

Keep them on the roster, there are more important concerns to address with this team.

If they could have an effective redzone offense they won't have to worry about Lindell missing kicks.

madness
01-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Lindell and Reed were both in the same boat beginning last season... both should have been gone but were kept and played well enough to keep their roster spot for this coming season, IMO.

Keep them on the roster, there are more important concerns to address with this team.

If they could have an effective redzone offense they won't have to worry about Lindell missing kicks.

:goodpost:

TigerJ
01-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Your poll results would have been reversed a year ago. Sommetimes we don't know as much as we think we know.

Devin
01-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Clutch, he is not.

But he has improved each year.

Iehoshua
01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Lindell has improved, but not worthy of being annointed as a good kicker in any capacity just yet. He's average.

Meathead
01-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Your poll results would have been reversed a year ago. Sommetimes we don't know as much as we think we know.
yeah i was hoping wed get some lindell flamers so we could :lolpoint: but i guess weve wised up

Clutch, he is not.

But he has improved each year.
actually, prior to the season i did an analysis and lindell at that time was #2 (or very close to that) in the league for game winning/tying fg percentage for his career

Iehoshua
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
It's a lot like Norwood, aside the Superbowl blunder, he was a solid kicker. Lindell has a bad rap from the Pittsburgh game, and a few other events of missing chip-shot field goals, but every kicker misses some now and then.

I still file Lindell under 'average'

FirstDownBills
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
The question we all need to ask ourselves is 'would you trust in Lindell kicking a Super Bowl winning field goal?' My answer is, no absolutely not. Somewhere down the road they need to upgrade the kicker.

MTBillsFan
01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
In good weather yes! I was there in Oakland when he hit his season long... pretty much the lone bright spot in the game for the Bills...

Turf
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Lindell chokes in the clutch. He makes meaningless kicks fairly well.

vicmantak
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
It's interesting to know what people think about Lindell.
If he's so good which is the reason that he was a top 3 FA on all fantasy football lists?

Turf
01-11-2006, 05:54 AM
I think Vic it means stat wise he produces, but when you really really need him in a real game in a dire situation more often than not he comes up short.