PDA

View Full Version : My first 4 picks

Tinboy
01-10-2006, 04:04 AM
1 st round: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon. A no brainer, we need him to stop the run. Nuff said.

2nd round: Derek Hagan WR Arizona St. A good 2nd reciever, who has good hands and is quick to adopt. Not a deep threat and doesn't have the 1st reciever potential but otherwise good.

3rd round: Rashad Butler OT Miami (FL) I really like him becasue he can play both LT and RT. Will be a good compliment to Peters. Might need a year or two to develop.

4th round: David Kirtman FB Southern Cal Can both run and catch the ball besides being a good blocker. Draft him and let him spend a year tutoring behind Shelton.

Yasgur's Farm
01-10-2006, 06:18 AM
1 st round: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon. A no brainer, we need him to stop the run. Nuff said.

2nd round: Derek Hagan WR Arizona St. A good 2nd reciever, who has good hands and is quick to adopt. Not a deep threat and doesn't have the 1st reciever potential but otherwise good.

3rd round: Rashad Butler OT Miami (FL) I really like him becasue he can play both LT and RT. Will be a good compliment to Peters. Might need a year or two to develop.

4th round: David Kirtman FB Southern Cal Can both run and catch the ball besides being a good blocker. Draft him and let him spend a year tutoring behind Shelton. 1) I'll agree with you concerning Ngata in the 1st... Unless we need to replace Nate Clemments.

2) I gotta go with Hank Baskett in the 2nd... At 6'-4", 228 pounds he has the size to replace EMo and compliment the smaller Lee Evans.

3) We have 2 round 3 picks... I don't know who... But I suggest both on O-linemen for backups and future starters. We'll get our immediate improvement via free agency.

4) Day 2 is a crap shoot.

Jan Reimers
01-10-2006, 07:12 AM
I think we go DT, LB, SS with three of our first four picks, and WR with the other ONLY if Moulds refuses to restructure and moves on.

We need to rebuild our D, after several drafts where skill players - McGahee, Evans, Losman, Parrish and Everett - were taken early.

And I think we rebuild our O line - the left side, at least - through free agency.

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry but Parrish will never be more than a return man. He gets killed every time he looks at someone wrong. He wont' make it but 2 more years in this league....WAY too small.

We need Line, line and more line. OL, DL, TE, then WR. We have 4 starting LB's no need for more.

don137
01-10-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry but Parrish will never be more than a return man. He gets killed every time he looks at someone wrong. He wont' make it but 2 more years in this league....WAY too small.

We need Line, line and more line. OL, DL, TE, then WR. We have 4 starting LB's no need for more.

Way too small? Santana Moss and Steve Smith are the same size as Parrish. I guess 1500 yards, 103 catches and 12 TD are not good enough in this league since Smith is only 5'9".

Parrish needs to adjust to the professional game like Moss and Smith. If he doesn't he won't last.

I agree we need to address the meat and potato players before we go after the finesse players. This team is lacking the boys in the trenches.

Bill Brasky
01-10-2006, 08:00 AM
I agree with JR that the OLine is best corrected by targeting free agents. The Bills can't afford to draft from an average talent pool this year and end up with another Mike Williams. They need a proven guy in here to anchor the line...

I still think they need to target LeCharles Bentley and maybe Stephen Neal from NE... If they can get Bentley, he is a guy who can play both G and C... move him to C and then try to go after Neal, then draft a LT because there's no way they can get Hutchinson in here. Keep Peters at the RT. That, to me, is a pretty big improvement over last year. 4 problems addressed right there.

On the DL, Ngata would be ideal, assuming he drops to 8th which he should. If they can get him, they also need to target a DE in free agency to compliment him and Schobel. Go after Campman from GB or Weaver from BAL. 2 problems addressed right there.

As far as addressing NC if he's gone... they could go after Jerry Azumah or Lenny Walls in free agency, or they could spend a draft pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

Plain and simple, the higher picks need to address the OL, DL, and CB in that order.

They can get a quality FB like Rashon Neal from Notre Dame or Shawn Willis from OKSt in the mid to later rounds.

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Parrish may be the same height but he is about 30 pounds lighter at this point. He needs to put on a lot of muscle before I believe he could be a full time receiver.

Kerr
01-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Mouds won't be here forever. Parrish will be of our WR future triad, but we don't have anyone else after that. Josh Reed and Sam Aiken don't seem to be starter material.

1st pick I'd take Mario Williams if he's there. This defense needs more playmakers at the End position other than Aaron Schobel.

2nd pick is Chad Jackson. I have to say is Moulds clone.

basenjiwarrior
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
What happened to are second third round pick in your mock draft???

OpIv37
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM

I said the same thing about Parrish a few weeks ago, and got trashed for it. He's too small to break tackles.

Bmax
01-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I'll give this a shot....

1. Mathias Kiwanuka- BC-DE-6-6-260-Long athletic de.. Puts fear in olinemen...Ngata if he is gone either one works for me..

2. Charles Spencer-OT-OG-Pitt- converted def linemen...who has taken to the ol like a fish to water .. or like jason peters...6-5-335-Played Left Tackle and Left Guard...As crazy as it sounds had a dream about the guy the other night .. Dreamed we took him in rd one .. I woke up ticked off...Well i wouldn't be ticked if we took him in rd 2 or 3.. Another diamond in the rough.. all big east in first season as left tackle this past season..http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/charlesspencer.html

3. Anwar Phillips- CB-Penn st.- 6-0-185-Just a guess pick liked what i saw in bowl game against florida st...good speed needs bulk... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/anwarphillips.html

3b.Ray Edwards-DE-Purdue-6-6-270-had eight sacks in 2004 season..early entry

bonus-

4. Anthony Smith-FS-Syracuse-5-11-190-lone bright spot on terrible cuse team..special teams terror.. good tackler and blitzer all over field..

Just early speculation before bowls and combine stay tuned.....OK I HAVE TO ADMIT I WATCHED A LOT OF BIG EAST FOOTBALL

Bmax

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Parrish may be small, and has a tough time breaking tackles, but when he gets the ball in open space he is a threat everytime. The Bills were good about putting him in motion a lot to free him up off the line. I think when he gets the cast off next year he will be thrown the ball a lot more. I had a chance to watch him in training camp a lot. He killed cornerbacks off the line and got into open space fast. With a little size, this guy will be dangerous. Don Beebe wasnt the biggest guy. Roscoe is tough too. Not sayin this guy is gonna break records, but give him time and i promise he'll make plays.

Tinboy
01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry total forgot about the 2nd third round. I've go for a LB.

ParanoidAndroid
01-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Two scenarios. Scenario 1, Mario Williams falls to us...
1. Mario Williams DE
2. Davin Joseph G
3. Orien Harris DT
3. Hank Baskett WR

Mario gone (most likely):
1. Haloti Ngata DT
2. Davin Joseph G
3. Greg Blue SS
3. Hank Baskett WR

CuseJetsFan83
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Parrish may be the same height but he is about 30 pounds lighter at this point. He needs to put on a lot of muscle before I believe he could be a full time receiver.

agreed, although that seems to be the stereotypical receiver at "THE U" of late... small and fast....

i can't remember if it was a joke i heard on the radio or seen online, but there was something saying that roscoe was afraid of snow, or something like that. i really hope thats not the case, but if it is somehow true, could that explain why he is hesitant while playing WR?

CuseJetsFan83
01-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Parrish may be small, and has a tough time breaking tackles, but when he gets the ball in open space he is a threat everytime. The Bills were good about putting him in motion a lot to free him up off the line. I think when he gets the cast off next year he will be thrown the ball a lot more. I had a chance to watch him in training camp a lot. He killed cornerbacks off the line and got into open space fast. With a little size, this guy will be dangerous. Don Beebe wasnt the biggest guy. Roscoe is tough too. Not sayin this guy is gonna break records, but give him time and i promise he'll make plays.

just like with santana he just needs time to grow... hell he might even need a different team before he "settles down"

but all you need is one pass a game to make or break it

ParanoidAndroid
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
just like with santana he just needs time to grow... hell he might even need a different team before he "settles down"

but all you need is one pass a game to make or break it

Since you are a Jets fan, you might understand my prediction for Parrish that I stated long ago...

Parrish is going to be one of those receivers like Wayne Chrebet...not exactly lights out, but gets open on 3rd down and moves the chains.

With the separation he gets, it's not a matter of if he gets open, it's a matter of when and where. Once JP learns his habits, Roscoe will be clutch.

CuseJetsFan83
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Since you are a Jets fan, you might understand my prediction for Parrish that I stated long ago...

Parrish is going to be one of those receivers like Wayne Chrebet...not exactly lights out, but gets open on 3rd down and moves the chains.

With the separation he gets, it's not a matter of if he gets open, it's a matter of when and where. Once JP learns his habits, Roscoe will be clutch.

yup, i can agree with that, which in buffalo's world would make him the next don beebe... could be a clutch 3rd receiver sure, but as long as they have lee evans, eric moulds/high draftpick/FA pickup.. and maybe someone else, the pressure can be off of roscoe, and could bring in big #'s

spread the offense out and it could be fun. but only if the qb is accustomed to it. JP was with tulane, but i dont know, his season this year was quite erratic

dolphinssuck
01-10-2006, 07:01 PM
1. Mario Williams 1. Haloti Ngata 2. Orien Harris 3. Hank Baskett 4. David Joseph

SABURZFAN
01-11-2006, 02:49 AM

the last thing we need to do is waste another draft pick on a WR. :down:

mysticsoto
01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Without knowing what changes/FAs we will bring in, I think if any of these are available, I would HAVE to pick them in the order that I list them (meaning Scenario 1 is preferred followed by Scenario 2 followed by Scenario 3):

Scenario 1:

1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT - Move Gandy to LG)
2. Gabriel Watson (DT)
3a. Antonio Cromartie (CB)
3b. Tim Crowder (DE) or Pat Watkins (S)

Add best available WR next.

Scenario 2:

1. Haloti Ngata (DT)
2. Devin Hester (CB)
3a. Tim Crowder (DE)
3b. Daryn Colledge (OT)

Add a WR and best available Safety

Scenario 3:

1. Mario Williams (DE) / Mathias Kiwanuka (DE)
2. Max Jean-Gilles (OG)
3a. Antonio Cromartie (CB)
3b. Pat Watkins (S)

Add best available WR.

If we switch to a 3-4 for our defense, this has to change entirely, however.

I'd like to note that I started with preferring Haloti Ngata as my preferred 1st pick followed by Mario Williams as my 2nd scenario/preferred 1st pick. But the more I looked into it and thought about it, the more I thought...if we could get The brick as our #1 pick and move Gandy to LG, with Peters at RT, more than half the line is now solidified. If Preston is ready for C duties, we only have 1 open spot to take care of and we can have a VERY formidable line!!!

If you notice, I address the Oline AND Dline on the 1st day, as I think it should be. Any one of these scenarios I list above would improve the Bills a great deal! But having a top Oline would enable us to learn what McGahee and JP can really do...and would be my top concern.