PDA

View Full Version : Jets to get NE's Defensive Coordinator?

mybills
01-10-2006, 06:14 AM
:chat:

mybills
01-10-2006, 06:16 AM
It's not a done deal yet, but it's looking like it. Saw it on the news this morning, I'd post a link but I'm too lazy.

LtFinFan66
01-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Who was it this year?? Didn't they just lose Romeo last year??

mybills
01-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I can't think of his name, are you gonna make me look it up? :club:

The King
01-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Eric Mangini. He was the DB coach last year, promoted to DC after Romeo left. He is raw but with Bellicheck principals so Im sure he's ready.

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Keep thinning out the heard :lmao:

don137
01-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Mangini's defense sucked this year until Bruschi came back...Teams with great on the field generals tend to bring out the best in everyone. When they are not there the team is exposed. Look at the Bills they were great until Spikes got hurt and then they looked putrid. I am sick of Tedy Bruschi as much as the next guy but he is a big reason why that defense came back from looking soft.

Static
01-10-2006, 07:34 AM
I heard mike & mike talk about him this morning on the radio...they said he should wait for something better cause the jets are a mess.......

casdhf
01-10-2006, 08:12 AM
they are. bad players and no cap space. at least we have a little room

TigerJ
01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
The speculation is the Jets want him for head coach, right? Not for defensive coordinator. I'm just trying to keep the issue absolutely clear.

Kerr
01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Rumor has it the jets are also interested in trading for TO. :crap:

Devin
01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Romeo Crennell tried to bring Mangini to Cleveland as his DC but Belichek beat him to the punch.

mybills
01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
The speculation is the Jets want him for head coach, right? Not for defensive coordinator. I'm just trying to keep the issue absolutely clear.
Right. That's what I heard.

bledslow
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Mangini's defense sucked this year until Bruschi came back...Teams with great on the field generals tend to bring out the best in everyone. When they are not there the team is exposed. Look at the Bills they were great until Spikes got hurt and then they looked putrid. I am sick of Tedy Bruschi as much as the next guy but he is a big reason why that defense came back from looking soft.

there doing different schemes as well. bruschi was there when the pats got ASS RAPED vs indy and kc.and he was there when they barely scrapped by new orleans. there doing dif things on defense(intricate blitz packages and the like) that they were not doing early on.. they also made switches in the backfield(starks gone,hobbs in) and a few oth new starters as well in the secondary that know the schemes better.

bledslow
01-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Romeo Crennell tried to bring Mangini to Cleveland as his DC but Belichek beat him to the punch.
no,romeo said he was not going to raid the pats coaching staff out of respect for bill(these words came right out of his own mouth).

CuseJetsFan83
01-10-2006, 04:07 PM
desperate teams do desperate things........

from what ive seen on some of jets boards, and fantasy stuff, is that if mangini comes in, he will keep donnie henderson, as long as the saints dont hire him. but do remember, since the patriots are in the playoffs we cant pursue anything or else we will be found guilty of tampering.

heimerdinger maybe one and done, and in will come a new OC.
god can we only hope so

anywho, it would be nice to see the tree of BILL get pruned yet again, only to watch it some how come back

Devin
01-10-2006, 09:59 PM
no,romeo said he was not going to raid the pats coaching staff out of respect for bill(these words came right out of his own mouth).

I dont doubt that he did say that, at the time he was hired there were numerous reports that Crennell would go after Mangini. Whether he did or not is another story.