PDA

View Full Version : Lebeau - Buf vs. Pit

ct bills fan
01-23-2003, 02:51 PM
From ESPNinsider:

Steelers and Bills fight over LeBeau

The Buffalo Bills are not the only team interested in bringing aboard Dick LeBeau, the venerable defensive mind that helped create the zone-blitz. Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher would love to bring back LeBeau, 65, in an effort to improve a secondary that ranked 20th in the NFL in the regular season and allowed 767 yards passing and five touchdowns in two playoff games.

Cowher has already talked to the former Cincinnati Bengals head coach about returning to Pittsburgh, where he served as defensive coordinator in 1995-96. As part of the deal, LeBeau would bring along former safety Darren Perry to serve as safeties coach.

But LeBeau is scheduled to talk to the Buffalo Bills, whose team president, Tom Donahoe, was the former director of football operations for the Steelers. LeBeau will be targeted to become a defensive assistant on that staff. But in Buffalo, there is a greater chance that he'll have more input, and should second-year defensive coordinator Jerry Gray falter, LeBeau might take over the job.

The Bills just re-signed defensive backs coach Pat Thomas, but they could switch him to just cornerbacks and make room for Perry. If Buffalo has a problem finding space for Perry, LeBeau will assuredly take the job in Pittsburgh unless another team pursues him.

lordofgun
01-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Dang, what's with us having to hire Perry too?

Dozerdog
01-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Perry couldn't get Pig Prather onto the Bungles roster- he retired instead...

Cntrygal
01-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by ct bills fan
But LeBeau is scheduled to talk to the Buffalo Bills, whose team president, Tom Donahoe, was the former director of football operations for the Steelers. LeBeau will be targeted to become a defensive assistant on that staff. But in Buffalo, there is a greater chance that he'll have more input, and should second-year defensive coordinator Jerry Gray falter, LeBeau might take over the job.

Did I miss when the interview is? Or do we not know yet???

BillsNYC
01-24-2003, 09:13 AM
after we jumped ahead of pitt in the draft last year to grab denney from them...i bet pitt will use this to get back at us!

lordofgun
01-24-2003, 09:35 AM
Now I hate Pitt more than the fish.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2003, 09:50 AM
I went to college down near the Burgh and I definitly hate the STILLERS!!!!

Bert102176
01-24-2003, 04:22 PM
well hopefully we get him instead of him going to Pitt, the steel wankers.

venis2k1
01-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
after we jumped ahead of pitt in the draft last year to grab denney from them...i bet pitt will use this to get back at us!

They can have Denney back.