PDA

View Full Version : I hope we take a QB in the draft or FA one in

Mitchy moo
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
JP or KH are not NFL starter material by any stretch and we really need to upgrade at that position. We have 4 picks in the top 70 and can get plenty of good line help with the other 3 but need to blow one on a real future QB. TD went and took JP, so it's a remnent of his rule here. We need 3 QB's to fight it out in training camp and I really think it matters. What does everyone else here think?

RedEyE
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
They will. Shane Matthews is probably done this season.

You most likely won't see one taken in the first 4 rounds though.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey Skooby......:negrep:

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I think No one can honestly say that JP could not be a good player. Unfortunatly Mularkey wasted valuable time playing Journeyman Holcomb rather than getting JP experience.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 12:32 PM
I think No one can honestly say that JP could not be a good player. Unfortunatly Mularkey wasted valuable time playing Journeyman Holcomb rather than getting JP experience.
TD and MM were in desperation mode - trying to save their jobs.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
If it wasn't for wonder boys 1-7 record as starter they wouldn't of needed to try and save their jobs.

JP sucks and to say otherwise your only trying to fool yourself.

I agree Skooby we need a real QB. Maybe if we do let JP suck it up next year we can get a high draft pick and be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

Or we could use a late round pick on that Vick kid.

DBrown77
01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
If it wasn't for wonder boys 1-7 record as starter they wouldn't of needed to try and save their jobs.

I agree Skooby we need a real QB. Maybe if we do let JP suck it up next year we can get a high draft pick and be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

Vick? are you kidding me? I hope that was sarcastic. Why do we need an alleged drunk cokehead that pulls guns on 17 year old kids on our team?

Not only on our team but leading our team?

***oh wait after reading TO to Buffalo on your post i can see why you would want that

finsrclowns
01-10-2006, 02:15 PM
TD and MM were in desperation mode - trying to save their jobs.

Mularkey's going to be even more desperate this year. Think about it. He knows for a fact 5-11 = bus fare in 2006. What does that mean for JP? Assuming he even starts, which to me is by no means a sure thing, he better win some games or he'll have a great seat to watch from. The ONLY way that's not the case is if Marv gives him the directive to start JP no matter what. I guess I just don't see that happening.

OpIv37
01-10-2006, 02:20 PM

Don't give up on JP yet. And btw, Vick SUCKS and is a complete troublemaker. He's dumber than his brother and will never be able to run a real NFL offense (and none of that matters since he's probably going to the slammer anyway).

If JP's not the guy, Marcus Vick is DEFINITELY not the guy.

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
JP or KH are not NFL starter material by any stretch and we really need to upgrade at that position. We have 4 picks in the top 70 and can get plenty of good line help with the other 3 but need to blow one on a real future QB. TD went and took JP, so it's a remnent of his rule here. We need 3 QB's to fight it out in training camp and I really think it matters. What does everyone else here think?

Prove it. For any JP hater including yourself prove to me he isn't NFL Material. YOU CAN'T NOW STFU!!! :rage:

JP's stats are better or right on with most 1st year/rookie QB's. So please, STFU. Everyone is sick and tired of you guys pure and absolute bull SH@!.

I don't mean to go off but Gdamn folks. Grow up, learn about football THEN post.

Billsrock4life
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
i think we need to draft mopre OLINE not a new qb..... give losman another season if he dosnt do well then look into getting anew qb

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Bills fans have to get it through thier heads that JP is the QB for the near future PERIOD! We didnt trade to get him for him to have a flash in the pan try in the NFL. He is going to get a whole year or 2 of playing time before they decide on someone new. So stop with these crap threads about this and that QB.

Mitchy moo
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Prove it. For any JP hater including yourself prove to me he isn't NFL Material. YOU CAN'T NOW STFU!!! :rage:

JP's stats are better or right on with most 1st year/rookie QB's. So please, STFU. Everyone is sick and tired of you guys pure and absolute bull SH@!.

I don't mean to go off but Gdamn folks. Grow up, learn about football THEN post.

Being a realist like yourself, he hasn't shown us S***. He looks nothing like any of the successful QB's in the league. If they shore up the line and give him alot of time, we might have a better story. This past year he panicked alot and showed very little poise. Watch Brady, you'll see poise = success. Watch JP you'll see fear = losses.

CuseJetsFan83
01-10-2006, 04:12 PM
well technically you have 3 qb with tory woodbury, but he is better suited as a WR, and could come in handy as one should moulds be let go, or if any of the others get shipped away.

obviously the FA game isn't going to be kind, so you might as well take a shot or two on qb in hte draft/free agency post draft.

who knows maybe the next 6th round qb for the bills can lead them to greatness after a jets defensive lineman knocks their starter out for nearly all the season.

Dicknoze69
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Ron Wolf used to take a QB in pretty much every draft, in hopes that a few would pan out.

I'd say it worked for him with Brooks, Hasselbeck, and others.

Until you find a stud, I don't think it's possible to have enough QB's.

ParanoidAndroid
01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
A day 2 QB and an RFA QB would be a good idea. We have our veteran backup, so now we take a chance. I'm not saying we need one because JP sucks. I think JP is going to be fine. It just makes sense to put a young QB deep on your roster and try to develop him, ie. Matt Schaub.

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Being a realist like yourself, he hasn't shown us S***. He looks nothing like any of the successful QB's in the league. If they shore up the line and give him alot of time, we might have a better story. This past year he panicked alot and showed very little poise. Watch Brady, you'll see poise = success. Watch JP you'll see fear = losses.

He showed me EXACTLY What I expected from a first year starter dealing with , Sh@! for an OL, No running game, His top WR throwing him under the bus while not giving 100% on the field, A HC that let his veterans force him to bench JP causing JP not to have any confidence and looking over his shoulder.

After all of that BS....he STILL had a decent year for a guy at his age and experience in the NFL!

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Ron Wolf used to take a QB in pretty much every draft, in hopes that a few would pan out.

I'd say it worked for him with Brooks, Hasselbeck, and others.

Until you find a stud, I don't think it's possible to have enough QB's.

And after all of that drafting who did they stick with? They GUY THEY DEVELOPED! Brett Favre.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
For once I agree with ICE. Awesome posting.

TigerJ
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Vick? are you kidding me? I hope that was sarcastic. Why do we need an alleged drunk cokehead that pulls guns on 17 year old kids on our team?

Not only on our team but leading our team?

***oh wait after reading TO to Buffalo on your post i can see why you would want that

Sadly, I think he believes every word.

dolphinssuck
01-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Its alittle early to give up on JP he wasnt given enough games as a starter to know just how good he really is. Plus when he did start he had no protection which forced to him to rush passes or scramble for his life. He needs the support of the fans and players to give this kid a fair chance. He came in to a really crappy situation of a team whos O line is terrible and some fans lashing out against hiom for not producing the wins or numbers. Give the kid a capable line and he'll win plenty of games dont and risk him leaving for another team or a short career in which he was never really given a chance.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2006, 07:29 PM

=

That's all in the past. If the Bills used their last draft selection on Vick it wouldn't bother me.

He'll probably end up a Raider.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2006, 07:37 PM

JP's stats are better or right on with most 1st year/rookie QB's.

No one has to prove anything to you, JP has already proved it.

Yeah, JPs stats. are comparable to Aliki Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Klinger, Heath Shuler, Rob Johnson, etc.. their 1st year as starters.:bad:

Mitchy moo
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
jp is not the future and really doesn't understand what it takes to be a hof qb. Personally i think he will end up hurt and scared like rob j.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2006, 09:37 PM
I say give JP this year and see what happens. Get him some oline help and another RB behind McGahee. Losman wasnt throwing to his recivers much during the first half of the season. He started hitting the deep ball to Evans before he got injured. Give him this year, the whole year, if he sucks Buffalo gets a great pick. Maybe they get Troy Smith out of Ohio State.