PDA

View Full Version : Chances are: Capers to Miami

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
The Houston Chronicle, citing sources close to Capers, reported Sunday that Dolphins coach Nick Saban had offered Capers the opportunity to run the Miami defense during their meeting last week. But on Monday a Dolphins source familiar with the visit strongly denied that Saban had made any offer to Capers.

The Dolphins likely would have an advantage in landing Capers if he decides to pursue an assistant's job. Saban and Capers are friends, and the Miami coach holds Capers in high regard. The two know each other from the time both were coaches at Kent State in the early 1970s.

The two also share the same agent, and the Dolphins have gained a reputation around the NFL for paying assistant coaches very well.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13589010.htm

I believe Dom Capers would go to Miami before considering Buffalo.

Devin
01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Who is Miami's current DC? I didnt know the Fins were replacing him.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Who is Miami's current DC? I didnt know the Fins were replacing him.
Some guy named Richard Smith?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/lockerroom/coachingstaff/portrait_smith_r.jpg
http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/coachingstaff/coachingstaff_smith_r.asp

I'm sure he goes by Dick. :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Seems like he was the Lions DC before Jim Bates went to the Packers.

Devin
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I didnt think they had to bad a D.

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13589010.htm

I believe Dom Capers would go to Miami before considering Buffalo.

It figures. Miami will get a great DC and we will be stuck with SH@!.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Nice weather teams usually get the advantage. People want to go there. :ill:

Kerr
01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Ted Cotrell and Dave Mcginnis aren't too shabby.

RedEyE
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Dick Smith is going to get the shaft.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 01:21 PM
:rofl: Dick got dicked.

Devin
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM

yeah kinda screwed up if true, I thought he did a decent job his 1st year with this system.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 01:30 PM
yeah kinda screwed up if true, I thought he did a decent job his 1st year with this system.
But could you pass up Capers?

Plus Saban and Capers are friends. NFL is still a good ol boys network. How else do you think Wade Philips still has a job?

dplus47
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM

nice...

the herald says they won't fire smith. they'll probably bring capers in as some kind of "assistant head coach" if they bring him in at all.

Devin
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Thats kind of stupid, its not likely Saban is going anywhere, why would capers wanna not take a HC position or at the least a DC position where he has a shot at HC.

Even if its for 1 season would seem like a waste of a year.

dplus47
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Thats kind of stupid, its not likely Saban is going anywhere, why would capers wanna not take a HC position or at the least a DC position where he has a shot at HC.

Even if its for 1 season would seem like a waste of a year.

i think it's a case of capers knowing he has a job if he can't get one somewhere else. why spend a year out of football if you can work in some capacity?

if somebody offers him a better job, i'm guessing he takes it.

Throne Logic
01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
But could you pass up Capers?
Plus Saban and Capers are friends. NFL is still a good ol boys network. How else do you think Wade Philips still has a job?

Although I won't argue your point about the NFL - I would point out that life, in general, is the same way.

By the way, Wade's still a damn good DC.

Devin
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
i think it's a case of capers knowing he has a job if he can't get one somewhere else. why spend a year out of football if you can work in some capacity?

He will AT LEAST be someones DC this year I am sure.

Nublar7
01-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Told ya. I mentioned this in another thread a few days ago and got shot down. Just goes to show......

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-10-2006, 06:14 PM

Like Fassell in Balt. :question:

Drive 4 Five
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Well for one, it takes a real man to coach or play in Buffalo. If he doesn't come here, it's because he doesn't belong here. Face it guys. Buffalo is not one of the more attractive jobs in the NFL, struggling economy, brutally cold winters. Not what you consider the ideal place to be, but that depends on what your looking for.

What they do have though is a passion for the Bills and the game of football that is unmatched anywhere else in the country with the exception of Green Bay.

If you want to play or coach for a bunch of spoiled ass crybaby MF'ers who won't even show up when their team is playing poorly, then Bufflao isn't the place for you.