PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical 3rd pick...

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Had the Bills not beaten the Bengals, we all know we would have had the 3rd pick. Had that happened, and the Bills get the 3rd pick, would we pick a QB? Lienhart or Young? Would you be happy with saying forget you JP? And pick up one of these studs? Or would you stay behind JP and just pick the best available player at a different position like Mario Williams, Ferguson, or Ngata?

Devin
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I would attempt to trade down 2-3 spots to obtain Mario and another pick.

If that failed id still take mario.

OpIv37
01-10-2006, 03:34 PM
F Leinart and Young. They're no less of a gamble than JP and they'd be two years further behind in development. If we had the #3 I'd trade down and get an extra 2nd or 3rd like Devin said.

ryven
01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I hate to say it but I would have a hard time passing up young if we had the chance to get him.Dont get me wrong I like JP but man young has a gift.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Bills fans have to get it through thier heads that JP is the QB for the near future PERIOD! We didnt trade to get him for him to have a flash in the pan try in the NFL. He is going to get a whole year or 2 of playing time before they decide on someone new. So stop with these crap threads about this and that QB.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Bills fans have to get it through thier heads that JP is the QB for the near future PERIOD! We didnt trade to get him for him to have a flash in the pan try in the NFL. He is going to get a whole year or 2 of playing time before they decide on someone new. So stop with these crap threads about this and that QB.

Maybe you didnt see the start of this thread that reads "hypothetical." This is a forum of discussion, it would have been an interesting position to be in had that scenerio played out. I was just curious what fans think, if they would stay with JP who wasnt as highly touted as these QBs coming out. Not everyone is sold on JP Losman. Just bc you think he is the QB of the future doesnt mean all the other fans do. Personally I think he will be good and needs time as well. This was a thread started to see what people thought we should do had we had a higher pick. Chill out, youre paranoid. I wasnt sayin throw in the towel for JP. Nobody was, just woulda been an interesting predicament to be in had we had a top 3 pick. If you dont like threads like this, than dont read them and dont respond to them. Oh and by the way, THE RED SOX SUCK.

Akhippo
01-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Stud the O line and see what JP can do. However, they still need to keep the qb cupboard stocked, so picking up a qb with a 4th or 5th with real potential would be wise.

Typ0
01-10-2006, 06:21 PM
a lot of QBs fail. That's not to say that JP is failing just that a lot do.

Tatonka
01-10-2006, 07:00 PM

post of the week!

:up:

:goodpost:

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Im not saying I believe he is QB of the future. I am saying the Bills(you know the ones who matter) believe he is. So get over this QB crap.

The_Philster
01-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Im not saying I believe he is QB of the future. I am saying the Bills(you know the ones who matter) believe he is. So get over this QB crap.
or at least they believe he could be...to even suggest taking another one in the 1st round when JP hasn't even been given a chance is ridiculous

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Totally agree Philster.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM

they do? that must be why he got so much playing time. Listen i guess the whole point of this thread went right over your head. It was never intended to question the QB situation. The top 3 draft picks are the most coveted this year, and i was curious if people would take a shot at the top talent of the draft, or trade off, or just take the position necessary to our team without trading. Maybe taking Mario at the 3rd pick to ensure we get him. I dont know why you turned this into another second guess JP thread. I was never going against JP. Just simply asking do you pass up that talent at QB or what. Jesus its not like JP is definate to turn into something, what if 5 years from now and JP is playing in Canada and Vince Young is tearing it up the NFL? Than is this question that rediculous? Im glad you support whoever is brought in to play QB no matter what, but if he doesnt pan out we might have missed the boat on great talent. Sorry if Im just a dumbass Bills fan for asking such rediculous questions. Youre right, if the Bills say this guy will be great, I should believe it at all costs. Theyve done a great job picking QBs lately.

ublinkwescore
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I've seen the flashes that have me convinced JP has a bright future ahead of him.

to any JP doubters, just remember - Bledsoe had a slightly better line in front of him last year, and we still had no playoffs (that's a 12 or 13 year veteran) Also remember JP lit it up when Holcombe stunk it up against the Chiefs. Neither were going to take us anywhere last year, and neither will take us anywhere next season either if we don't get some damn help on the Line (centers, guards and a little tackle depth).

Mitchy moo
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
they do? that must be why he got so much playing time. Listen i guess the whole point of this thread went right over your head. It was never intended to question the QB situation. The top 3 draft picks are the most coveted this year, and i was curious if people would take a shot at the top talent of the draft, or trade off, or just take the position necessary to our team without trading. Maybe taking Mario at the 3rd pick to ensure we get him. I dont know why you turned this into another second guess JP thread. I was never going against JP. Just simply asking do you pass up that talent at QB or what. Jesus its not like JP is definate to turn into something, what if 5 years from now and JP is playing in Canada and Vince Young is tearing it up the NFL? Than is this question that rediculous? Im glad you support whoever is brought in to play QB no matter what, but if he doesnt pan out we might have missed the boat on great talent. Sorry if Im just a dumbass Bills fan for asking such rediculous questions. Youre right, if the Bills say this guy will be great, I should believe it at all costs. Theyve done a great job picking QBs lately.

trade up for bush and give them our 3rd round pick as well. there was that hard for everyone?

jp is not the future and really doesn't understand what it takes to be a hof qb. Personally i think he will end up hurt and scared like rob j.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Im just saying he deserves a legit shot with an OL plain and simple. And you dont draft just talent. Need is a big part

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Im just saying he deserves a legit shot with an OL plain and simple. And you dont draft just talent. Need is a big part

agreed

ublinkwescore
01-10-2006, 08:30 PM
And QB has not yet been determined to be a need yet.

Devin
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
trade up for bush and give them our 3rd round pick as well. there was that hard for everyone?

jp is not the future and really doesn't understand what it takes to be a hof qb. Personally i think he will end up hurt and scared like rob j.

Your damaged if you think our 1st and 3rd rounder would be all it takes.

I thought the point of the thread was what REALISTIC pick would you take.

Given that QB is one of our lower problems id take (if I couldnt trade down) williams.

RB and QB are not a priority. And I dont feel like starting over again with another rookie.

ublinkwescore
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
If JP doesn't turn out - I say screw waiting on another rookie to develop - we need to go out and be aggressive in the FA market/trade for a good QB (while maintaining our line - if we fail to do this the whole thing is pointless).