• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Too bad we have so many needs...

Because here is the RB we really need in our backfield.

Running back LenDale White officially declared for the NFL draft on Wednesday.

Sorry, but Willis will never be a 'Great' back regardless of what line is in front of him. He is a punk, quitter and is nothing more than A. Smith II
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Too bad we have so many needs...

I'm not doubting that he's A. Smith Jr. the second, but I'm not agreeing with that either. It can be really easy to lose your morale as a runningback when you have no line in front of you. That being said, we all know what he's capable of - and whether you agree or not - it's greatness.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

LenDale White is a beast.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

I disagree Ice. Willis is just fine right now until he Holds out. Hes done some good things behind a CRAP O-LINE. Imagine what he can do with a line and not a bunch of holding revolving doors. We as Bills fans are so used to the Trenchs not being taken care of that we keep wanting the all star weapons instead of what we need for those weapons.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I hear the Packers and Steelers are intrigued by LenDale White. One of those teams could draft him.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Packers
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Packers

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                • Aug 2005

Packers stink

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

The Bills had a two headed monster, till last year. I think White would give the Bills a more then formidable backfield. If TD were still in charge it would probably be a good chance White could be a Bill. I think the Bills will be signing a bunch of O and D linemen over the next two seasons and not a whole lot of anything else.
                  Last edited by feelthepain; 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

I'd be thrilled if the Bills drafted him... But then I'd be concerned about other needs such as the possible necessity to replace EMo and/or Nate.

Best case scenario... tag nate... package him with Willis for a #1 and #3... draft White.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Willis needs 3 things: Motivation.
                      Two more quality O linemen.
                      A coaching commitment to the running game.

And if we put a decent line in front of him and let him run 25 times per game, that may be motivation enough.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I like him but other than Texas he did not do well against ranked teams for the most part. He was very ordinary against Notre Dame, Washington and Fresno State...The Bills have too many other needs first...

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Willis will never be great. He has no heart, is all about him, and doesn't have the physical skills.

Yes I said doesnt' have the physical skills. Look you guys are ga ga over willis because he is a Buffalo Bill and that is the only reason. What has he done? He played ONE good season at Miami. ONE. White and Bush have put up THREE great seasons playing for USC. and don't say it was thier lines either. the guys both made pure magic on the field.

I have watched willis' games at miami and in confirms what I am saying. He is an upright, straight ahead runner that needs huge holes to succeed. he had that last year when we played the worst teams in the NFL. Willis is NOT A Naturual knee bender. He has virtually no cutback abilities like a L. White. He wasn't before the knee injury and sure as hell isn't now. Look at the greats, all had a natural knee bend to them. They didn't think about it. Alexander from Seattle has it. LT, and even some of the rookies like Caddy Williams has it. Willis doesn't.

McGahees hands are suspect and so are his pure blocking skills. Now I grant you every once in awhile he picks up a good block, but over all he isn't that good. And now this season he is coming off of the field moreso than staying on it. Ankle here, wrist there, Head here, shoulder there. Knee this and that. you name it the kid has had it.

Unlike the self serving McGahee, it was Whites TEAM FIRST attitude that has allowed USC to do as well as it has as well.

I know you guys NEED willis to be this great back and all, but he isn't. He is nothing more than an above average talent that was over hyped on one damn good season at thaU playing nobodies. Then over hyped again thanks to Drew Rosenhaus because of the knee. Fans and hopefully MM, Marv and Ralph all need to realise, we need a better RB for this machine to run right and us get where we want to go. My personal hope is they realise that NOW and can trade him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

We have far greater needs on the O line and throughout the defense to even think about taking a running back high in the draft or with our precious dollars earmarked for free agency.

I don't like Willis much, either, but he can at least give us Travis Henry-like numbers. And that should be good enough, considering that we have relatively far worse performers at several other positions.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Because here is the RB we really need in our backfield.

Running back LenDale White officially declared for the NFL draft on Wednesday.

Sorry, but Willis will never be a 'Great' back regardless of what line is in front of him. He is a punk, quitter and is nothing more than A. Smith II
                              I am not going to sit here and argue the degree of greatness I think Willis can be but he is far from Atowan Jr... He may not be the break away homerun threat we all thought he could be but still solid. RB is one of the last positions I want the Bills to focus on this off season.

Comment

Working...
                              X