PDA

View Full Version : Too bad we have so many needs...

ICE74129
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Because here is the RB we really need in our backfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2287645

Sorry, but Willis will never be a 'Great' back regardless of what line is in front of him. He is a punk, quitter and is nothing more than A. Smith II

ublinkwescore
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm not doubting that he's A. Smith Jr. the second, but I'm not agreeing with that either. It can be really easy to lose your morale as a runningback when you have no line in front of you. That being said, we all know what he's capable of - and whether you agree or not - it's greatness.

Devin
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
LenDale White is a beast.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I disagree Ice. Willis is just fine right now until he Holds out. Hes done some good things behind a CRAP O-LINE. Imagine what he can do with a line and not a bunch of holding revolving doors. We as Bills fans are so used to the Trenchs not being taken care of that we keep wanting the all star weapons instead of what we need for those weapons.

Kerr
01-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I hear the Packers and Steelers are intrigued by LenDale White. One of those teams could draft him.

Devin
01-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Packers :pray:

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
:monkeyp: Packers

hammerbillsfan
01-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Packers stink

feelthepain
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
The Bills had a two headed monster, till last year. I think White would give the Bills a more then formidable backfield. If TD were still in charge it would probably be a good chance White could be a Bill. I think the Bills will be signing a bunch of O and D linemen over the next two seasons and not a whole lot of anything else.

Yasgur's Farm
01-11-2006, 06:10 AM
I'd be thrilled if the Bills drafted him... But then I'd be concerned about other needs such as the possible necessity to replace EMo and/or Nate.

Best case scenario... tag nate... package him with Willis for a #1 and #3... draft White.

Jan Reimers
01-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Willis needs 3 things: Motivation.
Two more quality O linemen.
A coaching commitment to the running game.

And if we put a decent line in front of him and let him run 25 times per game, that may be motivation enough.

don137
01-11-2006, 07:00 AM
I like him but other than Texas he did not do well against ranked teams for the most part. He was very ordinary against Notre Dame, Washington and Fresno State...The Bills have too many other needs first...

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Willis will never be great. He has no heart, is all about him, and doesn't have the physical skills.

Yes I said doesnt' have the physical skills. Look you guys are ga ga over willis because he is a Buffalo Bill and that is the only reason. What has he done? He played ONE good season at Miami. ONE. White and Bush have put up THREE great seasons playing for USC. and don't say it was thier lines either. the guys both made pure magic on the field.

I have watched willis' games at miami and in confirms what I am saying. He is an upright, straight ahead runner that needs huge holes to succeed. he had that last year when we played the worst teams in the NFL. Willis is NOT A Naturual knee bender. He has virtually no cutback abilities like a L. White. He wasn't before the knee injury and sure as hell isn't now. Look at the greats, all had a natural knee bend to them. They didn't think about it. Alexander from Seattle has it. LT, and even some of the rookies like Caddy Williams has it. Willis doesn't.

McGahees hands are suspect and so are his pure blocking skills. Now I grant you every once in awhile he picks up a good block, but over all he isn't that good. And now this season he is coming off of the field moreso than staying on it. Ankle here, wrist there, Head here, shoulder there. Knee this and that. you name it the kid has had it.

Unlike the self serving McGahee, it was Whites TEAM FIRST attitude that has allowed USC to do as well as it has as well.

I know you guys NEED willis to be this great back and all, but he isn't. He is nothing more than an above average talent that was over hyped on one damn good season at thaU playing nobodies. Then over hyped again thanks to Drew Rosenhaus because of the knee. Fans and hopefully MM, Marv and Ralph all need to realise, we need a better RB for this machine to run right and us get where we want to go. My personal hope is they realise that NOW and can trade him.

Jan Reimers
01-11-2006, 07:30 AM
We have far greater needs on the O line and throughout the defense to even think about taking a running back high in the draft or with our precious dollars earmarked for free agency.

I don't like Willis much, either, but he can at least give us Travis Henry-like numbers. And that should be good enough, considering that we have relatively far worse performers at several other positions.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2006, 07:41 AM

Sorry, but Willis will never be a 'Great' back regardless of what line is in front of him. He is a punk, quitter and is nothing more than A. Smith II
I am not going to sit here and argue the degree of greatness I think Willis can be but he is far from Atowan Jr... He may not be the break away homerun threat we all thought he could be but still solid. RB is one of the last positions I want the Bills to focus on this off season.

Stewie
01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
How many of you could spell the guys name two weeks ago, or knew which team he played for?

And I realize some of you did know him... I'm just curious

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 07:57 AM
How many of you could spell the guys name two weeks ago, or knew which team he played for?

And I realize some of you did know him... I'm just curious

Most have watched him or knew of him for no less than 2 years. How can you not and follow college football?

ublinkwescore
01-11-2006, 12:53 PM
He will be a homerun threat if we get a line in front of him, and maybe some bigger recievers for downfield blocking.

tat2dmike77
01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok time for some honesty here.

When the bills drafted WM i was thinking to myself and then out loud when my cousin called (who is also a bills fan) WTF are they thinking?

I personally liked TH he was a strong guy and played with pain. Sure he had a case of the dropsies every now and then but you never heard him say "As long as i get my thousnad yards"

He could block and catch (sometimes) but mostly i thought of him as a team guy. So i was never sold on WM sure he had a great year last year but he didn't do much this year. Now i know that his carries were limited and all that but when he did run well it was against sorry defense.

But i really don't see a need for drafting anthor RB. There are holes to fill on the o-line as well as the d-line. I keep hearing about how the bills should and might switch to a 3-4 defense next season. Great so why not draft a stud lineback to fill that hole. I know how most of us got a hard on for crowell. But look at this way Fletcher is not getting any younger and a young MLB like hawk could bring some insurance.

As far as drafting a lineman for the offense i dunno about that. I'm still feeling the effects of the MW choice. But things are going to work out for the bills we all just have to billeve

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 01:18 PM
He will be a homerun threat if we get a line in front of him, and maybe some bigger recievers for downfield blocking.

He will NEVER be a homerun threat. NEVER. He doesn't have the wheels for it. He isn't that great of a back. Good at best....as are about 40 other backs in the NFL.

The ONLY reason this guy is even a starter is all the hype thanks to Rosenhous and the Bills picking him. had he not gotten injured, someone would have wasted a top 5 pick on him and they would call him a bust by now.

finsrclowns
01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
While we're at it can we get USC's OL too?

DaBills
01-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I agree on the O-line, but tell me Bush falls to us in the draft and no one thinks of grabbing him? I like WM, but not that much.

Two-back offenses don't seem to work smoothly with two dominant guys who both are always going to want the ball – what back doesn't. Henry knew the writing was on the wall when WM was drafted. Even when we had both back there, did we even bother to really punish tams with 1-2 combo of TH & WM? Alexander ain't splitting equal time with others. Neither is Tiki. They may have guys come in and spell them for a series, but that's different.

Maybe we could make a claim against WM's Llyod's of London insurance policy. It was supposed to be in case he didn't play, right?

;-p

Mudflap1
01-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I like him but other than Texas he did not do well against ranked teams for the most part. He was very ordinary against Notre Dame, Washington and Fresno State...The Bills have too many other needs first...

Washington went like 2-9, and the Trojans were up by like 35-0 or more before the end of the first half. White led the Trojans in rushing 2 of the last 3 years, and they have one of the greatest offenses ever assembled. He had over 1,300 yards this year. Not bad for a guy who is overshadowed by his teammate in the same backfield. What are you watching?

People were asking questions about Ronnie Brown last year because he was the fullback for Cadillac Williams and didn't get as many carries. White got a lot of carries, and had like 20 touchdowns this season, with, again, over 1,300 yards rushing. The guy is about as close to a lock as you can get for being a perennial workhorse running back.

Jon

Marvelous
01-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I agree 100% Ice.. I dream of the day we have a RB who cares... Where do i sign up for the trade WM club?

dolphinssuck
01-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Buffalo needs to give Willis a reason to be motivated. If you go out there Sunday after Sunday and have no gaps to shot through or blocking from your line your not gonna want to play there. Hes a good back who could be a 1000 yd rusher with the right O line in place but face it with the pathetic O line the Bills are using hes fed to the lions every Sunday.

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Buffalo needs to give Willis a reason to be motivated. If you go out there Sunday after Sunday and have no gaps to shot through or blocking from your line your not gonna want to play there. Hes a good back who could be a 1000 yd rusher with the right O line in place but face it with the pathetic O line the Bills are using hes fed to the lions every Sunday.

Bull S#@!. No Real player needs motivation to succeed. They are self motivated. If Willis needs a 'reason' to be motivated other than the self drive to be a professional, to be a winner, to try and be the best he can be, then ship his worthless Arse outta here!

And note 1000 yards doesn't mean spit anymore. The greats are 1500+ backs per year. 1400 maybe.

BTW...Barry Sanders NEVER had a good OL.

ublinkwescore
01-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I'd take some of the OL's Sanders had over the crappy one I see we've got right now.

Besides that, Barry Sanders was one of a kind - there may never be a running back with the juking agility that Sanders had again.

Charlieguide
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Bull S#@!. No Real player needs motivation to succeed. They are self motivated. If Willis needs a 'reason' to be motivated other than the self drive to be a professional, to be a winner, to try and be the best he can be, then ship his worthless Arse outta here!

I strongly disagree. You are 100% wrong in this, no question. Coaching is, more than anything else, motivating. You need look no further than Cincinnati. They had the wrong coaches in there for years, and as soon as Marvin Lewis walked through that door, things changed. He's turned that franchise into a winner in two seasons, with very few roster changes. That team, those players, walk with a swagger that hasn't been seen in that city for a long time, and it's not because Lewis knows his X's and O's. Dick LaBeau is one of the best schemers in NFL history, and he couldn't light a fire under thise players' asses.

Buffalo has fallen into the trap Cinci was in for the past 15 years . . . and that's why Marv was brought in. I think we'll all be surprised at what this teams looks like on the field next season.

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I strongly disagree. You are 100% wrong in this, no question. Coaching is, more than anything else, motivating. You need look no further than Cincinnati. They had the wrong coaches in there for years, and as soon as Marvin Lewis walked through that door, things changed. He's turned that franchise into a winner in two seasons, with very few roster changes. That team, those players, walk with a swagger that hasn't been seen in that city for a long time, and it's not because Lewis knows his X's and O's. Dick LaBeau is one of the best schemers in NFL history, and he couldn't light a fire under thise players' asses.

Buffalo has fallen into the trap Cinci was in for the past 15 years . . . and that's why Marv was brought in. I think we'll all be surprised at what this teams looks like on the field next season.

Again Bull SH@! I AM an athlete and need no one but me to be motivated to succeed. If his MILLIONS aren't enough Fugg him.

dolphinssuck
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
OK we get your point but we disagree its just a difference of opinion and not necessarily BS. Willis has no O line and the wrong coaches to help motivate him. So sorry I do not agree with you but this is how I see it.

SpillerThrills
01-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Again Bull SH@! I AM an athlete and need no one but me to be motivated to succeed. If his MILLIONS aren't enough Fugg him.

I too am an athlete and I have a had time finding the rational behind going out every game and playing your heart out play after play to get the crap kicked out of you every time... coaching does have a big part of the motivation factor, and ofcourse you do have to get yourself up for the game. but it is hard when you get punished for trying to do your job....

G. Host
01-11-2006, 08:29 PM

A. Smith carried the Patriots one season to Superbowl?
Madden's favorite boy toy got the credit but Smith did the work.

You are saying Wilis is that good? I haven't seen that yet.

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 08:56 PM
I too am an athlete and I have a had time finding the rational behind going out every game and playing your heart out play after play to get the crap kicked out of you every time... coaching does have a big part of the motivation factor, and ofcourse you do have to get yourself up for the game. but it is hard when you get punished for trying to do your job....

Again Fugg him. you go out and do your damn job 16 friggin times per year. All you have to do is go 100% 16 friggin times!!! It isn't like a REAL Job. Again for YEARS guys like barry sanders had to keep giving 100% when he WAS the WHOLE TEAM. Year after year of losing seasons but the man showed up and gave 100%

And how is getting paid Millions being punished? hell I would get in the ring with Tyson in his prime for 16 weeks if it meant making that much jack.

Excuses. Friggin Excuses, that is all it is. You chose to PLAY THIS GAME and get paid MILLIONS for it. No one forced you and no one sure as hell guarenteed you success. What they did do was pay you well and over hype and over value your arse to the general WORKING public.

Screw that arse hole. Let him go work for a damn living.

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 08:57 PM
A. Smith carried the Patriots one season to Superbowl?
Madden's favorite boy toy got the credit but Smith did the work.

You are saying Wilis is that good? I haven't seen that yet.

Good point G, good point