PDA

View Full Version : I just had a thought...

RedEyE
01-10-2006, 10:03 PM
What if Marv pushes to bring back Wade Phillips? After all he hired Wade in the first place. :nervous:

I know that Wade and Ralph had their fair share of differnces, but being that the new Bills regime is a Democracy, Wade might get the nod as DC once Gray is "allowed to leave". And I remember Wade believing that he was going to be back in Buffalo. So much that he left his stuff in storage there for a while.

Ironically enough, check this out:

January 17, 1995 -- MARV LEVY HIRES WADE PHILLIPS
Bills head coach Marv Levy hired former Denver Broncos head coach Wade Phillips as the team's new defensive coordinator.

We are just days away from that anniversary.

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Why would that be horrible???

Wade is one of the best DC's in the NFL and was not a bad HC.

RedEyE
01-10-2006, 10:08 PM
As long as his stay in Buffalo doesn't include an opportunity as HC again, then I say fine, bring him in.

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
His record as HC is pretty good compared to recent people.

Devin
01-10-2006, 10:27 PM
id take Phillips over MM in a heartbeat.

ArcticWildMan
01-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Why would that be horrible???

Wade is one of the best DC's in the NFL and was not a bad HC.

This is getting downright freaky!! I agree with you AGAIN!! :scared:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-10-2006, 10:41 PM
What if Marv pushes to bring back Wade Phillips? After all he hired Wade in the first place. :nervous:
I know that Wade and Ralph had their fair share of differnces, but being that the new Bills regime is a Democracy, Wade might get the nod as DC once Gray is "allowed to leave". And I remember Wade believing that he was going to be back in Buffalo. So much that he left his stuff in storage there for a while.
Bills head coach Marv Levy hired former Denver Broncos head coach Wade Phillips as the team's new defensive coordinator.
For :cry:ing out loud Marv isn't going to do the hiring of coaches Mularkey is going to pick his own coaches. Didn't you hear Ralph in the press conference the GM is not going to do the coaching that means Mularkey gets to pick his own coaches. It's his team.

Jan Reimers
01-11-2006, 05:19 AM
It's a shame, but Wade's time here - even as head coach - now seems like part of the "good old days."

Historian
01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Never happen.

Not because Wade isn't a great defensive mind, but because Marv would never make a move that would make Ralph look bad. This would.

ICE74129
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
First off Wade would never come back. Second Ralph won't have him back.

Gunzlingr
01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
I heard Wade is considered a finalist for the Green Bay job.

RedEyE
01-11-2006, 09:41 AM
First off Wade would never come back. Second Ralph won't have him back.

Is that what they told you on the phone this morning? Or are you just making bold assumptions again?

Turf
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Ralph took Wade to court over his salary. No way Wade is coming back. I'd love to have him as DC but it aint gonna happen.

Turf
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Accidental double post...

X-Era
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM

Please stop having thoughts, you confuse the space time continuum thingy.

Wades OK, Capers would be fine, Cotrell was OK, and Gray has done well until last year, I think theres plenty of D Coord options. Im not that worried about it.

O Coord is where I worry.

RedEyE
01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Please stop having thoughts, you confuse the space time continuum thingy.

Wades OK, Capers would be fine, Cotrell was OK, and Gray has done well until last year, I think theres plenty of D Coord options. Im not that worried about it.

O Coord is where I worry.

Perhaps I should just post erratic nonsense much like yourself.