PDA

View Full Version : Who's the veteran to trade?

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Recently, Bills have let go "homemade" players like Antoine Winfield and Pat Williams to FA.

Recently too, Bills have spent that "big" money on players like Jeff Posey, Chris Villareal, Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy from FA.

Right now, it really makes sense that Bills are unavoidably commited to let players go (Nate Clements), simply cut them (Mike Williams) or restructure or released (Eric Moulds, Sam Adams, Troy Vincent? etc.)

Unfortunately, all of this unavoidable ways to "open" salary cap space really hurts any finance and IMO these are only ways to abruptly go down and down.

TRADE VETERANS is not the real anwer but it could really help if managed correctly. Last year, Travis Henry was the man to be traded but... which current Buffalo Bill is realistically attractive to trade and pave the way for success in this coming draft?

The_Philster
01-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Realistically, trades don't normally happen until during the season if at all

Jan Reimers
01-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Why would we trade ANY of the position players listed when we are so thin at those positions, or Brian Moorman, who is by far the best punter in football?

With some contract restructuring and/or the release of a few really over-priced players, we'll be in decent cap shape for the free agent season, and we have 4 draft picks in the top 72.

I don't believe Marv will rebuild by trading away quality veteran players.

kgun12
01-11-2006, 05:31 AM
None of them. The cap hit we would take on any of these players makes it an unrealistic idea!

Historian
01-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Trade Teague and Venereal for Kevin Mawai.
Losman for Brady.
Lindell for Nugent.

Jan Reimers
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Trade Teague and Venereal for Kevin Mawai.
Losman for Brady.
Lindell for Nugent.
And McGahee for Alexander.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Don't forget it is a totally new GM now man!

mysticsoto
01-11-2006, 08:39 AM
If you HAD to make a trade, RBs are a dime a dozen and with a good Oline, an average RB can be great. Question is, can we get the right personnel for a good Oline and can McNally work his magic - as of late, his magic seems to be faltering...

Dont drink the water
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Of those Crowel. Less expensive contract, more potential upside and assuming Spikes comes back healthy is position Bills can afford to trade. Moorman and McGee too critical, Spikes is recovering from an injury, Evans has not shown enough (and Bills would not recoop first round pick already spent on him) and Willis is too inconsistant to take a chance on unless Miami trades away both of their RBs.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Phil, it's true that trades normally happen during the season but...

Are we in a normal situation?
Didn't Mr. Wilson say that the future is now?
Which option would be the best way to "face" the return of TKO?
Isn't McGee extremely attractive to bring someone really "big" if Bills decide to tag Nate?
Isn't Willis fairly attractive to pave bases for this coming draft?

I don't know but there are several needs and it seems that most of us really need to MANAGE the ART OF LETTING GO.
http://www.theartoflettinggo.com/future.php

Mr. Cynical
01-11-2006, 09:11 PM
We could probably get a Big Mac and a large fries for Crowell. Let's do it! :up:

T-Long
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
It seems pointless to even talk about trades in the NFL because they RARELY happen. We are a team needing to fill holes...not trade the ones we have away.

The only trading we'll do is if we trade down in the draft to aquire more picks to fill these holes. None of the players mentioned will be or should be traded.

If Mike Williams doesnt restructure...release him
If Eric Moulds doesnt restructure...release him (If I were him and about to get 10 million, I would be a man and say I don't deserve it and PROVE to everyone out there that you aren't too old)
Def. franchise tag Nate for this year...its cheap (around 5.5) and if we get a first rounder...so be it.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Jan,

We really don't know what is a former Harvard graduated student (Marv) going to do.
Anyway, this topic is only trying to simulate and find ways (on real time...) to find the best way to face our crude reality.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Veneral...

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
ThaThurman,

We have a totally new GM but... with an immense "LEGACY" to deal with...

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
mystic,

I

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
mystic,

I was waiting your reply.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Sorry,

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Sorry, something is happening to my computer and it's suddenly sending posts unvoluntarily...

mystic,

I was waiting your reply and I agree that RB are dozens and it's maybe the most viable way to get important help but to tell you the truth, I voted London Fletcher.

IMO Bills are still not ready to switch the 3-4 Defense and the departure of Pat Williams unmasked some liabilities that London is facing in this system now.
Another factor could be that Spikes is recovering from a major injury and at least he would not be able to beat Crowell's speed and gained experience.
Te last factor is that Posey is in his last year and he didn't showing some "warning" signals of slowing down.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Dont drink,

You really catched the topic's target. I totally agree that Moorman and McGee are the most solid Buffalo Bills now.

vicmantak
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Mr. Cynical,

If Big Mac means a solid OLmen... I totally agree!
The only top problem that I see to trade Crowell is that he has a large and "friendly" contract.