X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Kitna Explores FA Options.....

Intersting choice considering the situation that the Bengals seem to be in with Palmer. He'll be rcovering for sometime.

Bengals | Kitna to explore free agency options
    Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:20:41 -0800
    Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Cincinnati Bengals backup QB Jon Kitna indicated he will explore his options when free agency begins in March. The Bengals last talked with Kitna's agent about two months ago. "Eight weeks ago, it would have been a lot easier to sign here," Kitna told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "Now that the season is done, I want to see what is out there. I feel like God is leading me in this direction. I have to believe I am in the top 32 quarterbacks in this league." The Baltimore Ravens could be one team interested in signing Kitna.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kitna Explores FA Options.....

Originally posted by RedEyE
    Intersting choice considering the situation that the Bengals seem to be in with Palmer. He'll be rcovering for sometime.

Bengals | Kitna to explore free agency options
    Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:20:41 -0800
    Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Cincinnati Bengals backup QB Jon Kitna indicated he will explore his options when free agency begins in March. The Bengals last talked with Kitna's agent about two months ago. "Eight weeks ago, it would have been a lot easier to sign here," Kitna told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "Now that the season is done, I want to see what is out there. I feel like God is leading me in this direction. I have to believe I am in the top 32 quarterbacks in this league." The Baltimore Ravens could be one team interested in signing Kitna.

As long as he keeps the hell away from here, good for him. He is another noodle armed QB that is a career backup that shouldn't have any shot at all of starting in this league...just like holcomb. But some team will be dumb enough to think he can do something for them. And see, just like holcomb for some reason they think they are starters. They're not. They are career backups. One of the top 32 QB's in this league...he might be right. There are about 15 true starters in this league right now. Maybe a couple more so saying you are one of the top 32 still doesnt' make you a STARTING CALIBER QB.

Now if a Brad johnson from the vikes is available I take him. he is a proven WINNER in this league and can still put it accurately out at 60 yards or so.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Just say no to the bible thumper.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Just say no to the bible thumper.
        That has nothing to do with it. The fact remains he is a noodle arm QB that isn't a starting caliber QB.

That is what sucks in the NFL today. there aren't enough QUALITY QB's. We have one on this roster that COULD BE if DEVELOPED. I hope marv and ralph see this.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Kitna and Holcomb will have more career success in the NFL then that QB you want to develop (see RJ) will ever have.

Don't feed the JP is great trolls.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Kitna and Holcomb will have more career success in the NFL then that QB you want to develop (see RJ) will ever have.

Let's also bring in Trent Dilfer and call it a collection of mediocre journeymen QBs.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Pass

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                Let's also bring in Trent Dilfer and call it a collection of mediocre journeymen QBs.
                while we are at it how bout frerrote and lets talk neil o'donell out of retirement trade for brian griese LOL then we could have a very nice mix of never has been or will be qb's

JP is the man he will be the man get used to it

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                  JP is the man he will be the man get used to it
                  Damn strait.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Kitna is Holcomb II. Right now our best bet is to try to develop JP.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Kitna is Holcomb II. Right now our best bet is to try to develop JP.
                      Amen

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

The thing I don't get with you is how you are so sure of everything.
                        Answer me these questions to help me understand

1) Have the Bill's given JP the time an average rookie QB needs to develop in the NFL?

2) Have you seen no progress from his first few starts to his last few starts?

He may never pan out but don't you think the Bill's should have done a better job in making that judgement by playing him instead of Holcomb? This is the main reason I think Mularkey should have been fired....

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Jeez, how many Holcomb's does this team need?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            1) Have the Bill's given JP the time an average rookie QB needs to develop in the NFL?

2) Have you seen no progress from his first few starts to his last few starts?
                            1) Yes. The Bills have given JP the 2nd year player plenty of time. He played almost 3 QTRS in every pre-season game. (which is almost unheard of with the starters playing so long in pre-season)

2) Yes. He did progress from his 75 yards 1 INT. a game.

I just don't think that JP has it. With all the good QBs that people like to compare JP to (Mannings, Palmer, Elway, etc) those QBs showed signs of what was to come. I just haven't seen that from JP. I see a Rob Johnson.

And I do want JP to start all next year. It's the only way the few that think he will be a good QB will see that its just not gonna happen. By leaving him on the bench it just delays the process of finding someone else.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

1) Yes. The Bills have given JP the 2nd year player plenty of time. He played almost 3 QTRS in every pre-season game. (which is almost unheard of with the starters playing so long in pre-season)

2) Yes. He did progress from his 75 yards 1 INT. a game.

I just don't think that JP has it. With all the good QBs that people like to compare JP to (Mannings, Palmer, Elway, etc) those QBs showed signs of what was to come. I just haven't seen that from JP. I see a Rob Johnson.

And I do want JP to start all next year. It's the only way the few that think he will be a good QB will see that its just not gonna happen. By leaving him on the bench it just delays the process of finding someone else.
                              You are absolute proof the gene pool needs a good bleaching.

Comment

Working...
                              X