PDA

View Full Version : Rumors Flying on the Radio About the Condition of the ICE At HBSC ARENA!!

SkateZilla
01-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Well..
If you Watched the last few home games.

The sabres and a few other teams are having problems with their ice freezing after the zamboni re surfaces.

I personaly have seen the effects of "Wet" ice .. norfolk plays on wet ice alot cause the norfolk scopes refrigeration system is crap.

the Puddles on the Ice Cause the Puck to irratably jump and skip, as well as causeing skaters to lose their edge.

Areas Most affected by this are in front of the Goal, behind and to the left / right of the goal and various sections of the neutral zones.

I do Remember HBSC Arena Having the problem before.

And the Rumors on the Radio (I Live In Virginia Beach, VA and they talk about the Sabres all the time)
that the Game would've been like 2-0 In favour of buffalo but puddles in front of the goals kept making the puck bouncing.

Also That the Game Friday night may be "post-poned" if the Ice doesnt remain frozen after the 1st period.

I KNow it sounds stupid. but its like 15 times harder to control the puck when your skating through puddles and the puck hydroplanes off your stick, the puck just hits the puddle and bounces, or the pcuk hits the puddle on a shot and deflects away.

Whats Y'alls Thoughts on this.
and no Im not Kidding.
This is serrious.

Ð
01-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Usually this doesn't happen until the playoffs. Remember last year & the shiity ice in Carolina?

BillC
01-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Where do you get this stuff?

What radio station? Who pulled this one out of thin air?

It would be one thing if it was 90 degrees outside, or if the ice was removed/covered up due to sharing the venue with BBall. concerts/circus (MSG has this problem)

But I haven't hear or seen any evidence of this.

Buffarama
01-23-2003, 08:56 PM
I've been noticing this too. The last game I was thinking Hamister should ask for a new ice maker. It's only like minus 20 outside, and they can't make freakin ice. The puck is jumping all over the place.