PDA

View Full Version : has this ever happened?

CuseJetsFan83
01-11-2006, 07:08 PM
LenDale White..... Matt Leinhart...... Reggie bush all could be possible top 10/5/ or even top 3 picks....

i know top 3 hasnt happened, but has 3 from the same school happened in top 5 or 10?

and as bills fans, if available would u take any of those 3

Typ0
01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
These guys are good...but top picks suck. You have to pay a guy a fortune and he hasn't even done anything yet. The way things work right now I would not want to pick in the top 5 at all.

Devin
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I pray Lendale White goes in the top 7. Yet another player could fall to us.

Pride
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
I say trade all of your draft picks away for proven players
and spend the draft pick money on FA

LtFinFan66
01-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Auburn came close last year with Brown, Caddy, and Campbell. That's the closest i know of

Dozerdog
01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Miami had 6 picked in the top 21 in 2004

X-Era
01-11-2006, 08:56 PM

Thats about the first boneheaded Pride comment that I totally agree with!!!

If you want O and D line help (and we need it bad) you dont draft it to start next year, you sign it in FA. Most O and D linean take several years to develop.

Furthermore, there is the whole 50% in the 1st and worst from there rule.

If this team wants to make a bigtime dent in its nopw and future it makes a big splash on BOTH lines and gets FA help first and then fills in/ backs it up with the draft.

Crisis
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Most great teams are built through the draft/undrafted players. Trading draft picks away is dumb. The Colts and Patriots are mostly built from players brought up through the organization.

Jan Reimers
01-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Thats about the first boneheaded Pride comment that I totally agree with!!!

If you want O and D line help (and we need it bad) you dont draft it to start next year, you sign it in FA. Most O and D linean take several years to develop.

Furthermore, there is the whole 50% in the 1st and worst from there rule.

If this team wants to make a bigtime dent in its nopw and future it makes a big splash on BOTH lines and gets FA help first and then fills in/ backs it up with the draft.
I agree with you that O linemen often take a few years to develop, but defensive players can often start - and star - right away.

That's why my thought is to rebuild the O line through free agency, and draft defensive help - DT, LB, Safety and possibly CB - in the early rounds.

No one talks too much about our needs at LB, but Spikes may not be the player he was before his injury, Posey is barely adequate, and Stamer and Haggan are good special teamers, but not starting caliber LBs. We need help there.

Historian
01-12-2006, 05:19 AM

Thank you George Allen.

Ickybaluky
01-12-2006, 08:20 AM
I found these with a little research:

USC has 3 guys drafted in the top 5 picks in 1977: Ricky Bell (1-TB), Marvin Powell (4-NYJ), Gary Jeter (5-NYG)

Last year, Auburn had 3 in the top 9 and 4 in the top 25: Ronnie Brown (2-Mia), Carnell Williams (5-TB), Carlos Rogers (9-Was), Jason Campbell (25-Was)

Nebraska had 3 guys in the top 8 in 1937: Sam Francis (1-Phi), Lloyd Cardwell (7-Det), Les McDonald (8-Chi)

Notre Dame had 3 guys in the top 8 in 1955: Ralph Guglielmi (4-Was), Frank Varrichione (6-Pit), Joe Heap (8-NYG)

The year before (1954) Notre Dame had 3 in the top 9: Art Hunter (3-Pit), John Lattner (7-Pit), Neil Worden (9-Phi)

OpIv37
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM

read Marv's book- that's what George Allen did with the Raiders and Redskins almost every year.