PDA

View Full Version : Rams will allow Bills to interview Fairchild

The_Philster
01-12-2006, 04:57 AM
The Buffalo Bills have received permission from the Rams to interview offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild for the same position in Buffalo. The Bills dumped Tom Clements, their offensive coordinator for the last two seasons, on Friday. more (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/1289E3FDDA1C991C862570F400223CBF?OpenDocument)

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Ah....scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

X-Era
01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Ah....scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

Whoa!!!!

Im not saying Fairchild was the guy that made the Rams O so dominant, but he certainly must have learned something from Martz.

The Rams had a hell of an exciting O, why do you hate this?

I think I love it!!! AVP said we should go to single back, spread more to open up the lanes for McGahee, the Rams run a spread alot.

Hell, even Fitzpatrick played well. Bulger has looked great and so did Warner. You know the guy also believes in O-line help with Pace and Alex Barron.

I like it!!!

STL, even with a injured Bulger and Fitz in for 4 games ended 9th in total O.

Thats a hell of alot better than 29th. Add in some help onthe O and D lines, and a rebound from our D, we could be very good.

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Whoa!!!!

Im not saying Fairchild was the guy that made the Rams O so dominant, but he certainly must have learned something from Martz.

The Rams had a hell of an exciting O, why do you hate this?

I think I love it!!! AVP said we should go to single back, spread more to open up the lanes for McGahee, the Rams run a spread alot.

Hell, even Fitzpatrick played well. Bulger has looked great and so did Warner. You know the guy also believes in O-line help with Pace and Alex Barron.

I like it!!!

STL, even with a injured Bulger and Fitz in for 4 games ended 9th in total O.

Thats a hell of alot better than 29th. Add in some help onthe O and D lines, and a rebound from our D, we could be very good.

Are you that desperate? A guy that wasn't allowed to do spit until martz was out for OC? I mean hell Clements has more credentials than this clown.

Time to cut the BS! Hire a QUALIFIED And QUALITY OC! This to me says they are going to bring in a guy to work gamefilm, suggest the plays for the week, but sits while MM AGAIN calls the plays. That is exactly what this looks like.

OpIv37
01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I don't like any pass-happy offenses. I want to see a power running game.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
http://media3.stlouisrams.com/MediaContent/2005/07/11/22/Fairchild_Steve_Bio_49483.jpg Title Offensive Coordinator
NFL Exp 5 years
With Rams 3 years
Fairchild will begin his second season with the sole responsibility of offensive coordinator, after also coaching the quarterbacks in 2003.
Steve came to St. Louis after spending two seasons with the Buffalo Bills as running backs coach (2001-02). Prior to being named the Bills running backs coach in 2001, Fairchild spent eight seasons at Colorado State (1993-2000), including the last four as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach. http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/Coaches/47767

gr8slayer
01-12-2006, 09:10 AM
If he can come in and make our Offense great again, then Im all for it.

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 09:26 AM
http://media3.stlouisrams.com/MediaContent/2005/07/11/22/Fairchild_Steve_Bio_49483.jpg Title Offensive Coordinator
NFL Exp 5 years
With Rams 3 years
Fairchild will begin his second season with the sole responsibility of offensive coordinator, after also coaching the quarterbacks in 2003.
Steve came to St. Louis after spending two seasons with the Buffalo Bills as running backs coach (2001-02). Prior to being named the Bills running backs coach in 2001, Fairchild spent eight seasons at Colorado State (1993-2000), including the last four as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach. http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/Coaches/47767

Sounds like a clipboard holder so MM can call plays again to me.

Jeff1220
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
The Bills are going to the lower profile, less experience set at the Coordinator positions - we should all just face that. There will be no Norv Turners or Dom Capers in Buffalo, especially while Mularkey is HC. That said, since we are going in the direction of less-experience for coordinators, we should try to evaluate these candidates in comparison to other realistic possibilities. In that light, I wouldn't mind Fairchild. The Rams ran the ball a lot more after Martz got sick, and I'm sure that Fairchild had a bit to do with that. Plus he's been part of some potent offenses in St. Louis; he's coached RBs, so he should understand their importance to the game; and, this is minor, but he's been with the Bills so before, so the transition to a new town/new job won't be as stressful and therefore won't affect his work as much. See who else they bring in, then decide on the best of the bunch because, believe me, you won't see any marquee coordinators in there.

Mudflap1
01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
The Bills are going to the lower profile, less experience set at the Coordinator positions - we should all just face that. There will be no Norv Turners or Dom Capers in Buffalo, especially while Mularkey is HC. That said, since we are going in the direction of less-experience for coordinators, we should try to evaluate these candidates in comparison to other realistic possibilities. In that light, I wouldn't mind Fairchild. The Rams ran the ball a lot more after Martz got sick, and I'm sure that Fairchild had a bit to do with that. Plus he's been part of some potent offenses in St. Louis; he's coached RBs, so he should understand their importance to the game; and, this is minor, but he's been with the Bills so before, so the transition to a new town/new job won't be as stressful and therefore won't affect his work as much. See who else they bring in, then decide on the best of the bunch because, believe me, you won't see any marquee coordinators in there.

Only post in this thread that's made sense. Hell, only post I've seen today that's made sense.

Jon

Kerr
01-12-2006, 01:42 PM

I'm still not clear on who's decision it is to pick the offensive coordinator? Mularkey? Or Levy? It seems like Mularkey is choosing to pick his next scapegoat. If I'm going to go for an Offensive Coordinator, it's going to be one that's really good and a possible candidate to replace him as head coach. That is Al Saunders. He's had success at a head coach before with the Chargers in the late 80's a fill in coach. They made the playoffs.
This is of course, if the raiders don't name him their new head coach. They would be stupid not to because he'd rejuvanate that offense once again. I'm hoping Levy is waiting for his contract to run up at the end of the month so he can bring him in for an interview.

Mudflap1
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm still not clear on who's decision it is to pick the offensive coordinator? Mularkey? Or Levy? It seems like Mularkey is choosing to pick his next scapegoat. If I'm going to go for an Offensive Coordinator, it's going to be one that's really good and a possible candidate to replace him as head coach. That is Al Saunders. He's had success at a head coach before with the Chargers in the late 80's a fill in coach. They made the playoffs.
This is of course, if the raiders don't name him their new head coach. They would be stupid not to because he'd rejuvanate that offense once again. I'm hoping Levy is waiting for his contract to run up at the end of the month so he can bring him in for an interview.

Al Saunders is not coming here. There's no chance. I could give you a list of reasons, but it's exhaustive. We're a substandard franchise -- deal with it.

Jon