PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it, but CHEAP ralph is doing it again.

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060112/SPORTS03/601120381/1007/SPORTS

So they are going to wait until about the Sr. Bowl to start doing the bulk of the interviews? That is more than a month away. So WTF exactly ARE they doing up there at OBD other than signing street trash Free agents?

Waiting until the Sr Bowl? That tells me one thing, Ralph is telling Marv and MM to wait until all of the other teams have hired thiers, then see who is left and will work for next to nothing.:rage:

X-Era
01-12-2006, 07:19 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060112/SPORTS03/601120381/1007/SPORTS

So they are going to wait until about the Sr. Bowl to start doing the bulk of the interviews? That is more than a month away. So WTF exactly ARE they doing up there at OBD other than signing street trash Free agents?

Waiting until the Sr Bowl? That tells me one thing, Ralph is telling Marv and MM to wait until all of the other teams have hired thiers, then see who is left and will work for next to nothing.:rage:

Why exactly would the Rams have granted permission on Fairchild to interview as our O coord, this early if we arent going to interview him for another month?

I think thats just crappy reporting.

Furthermore, why do you say we are cheap, the top names are ex-head coaches and they are on the list...Capers, Haslett

TigerJ
01-12-2006, 07:31 AM
I wonder why the senior bowl is so late? I don't ever recall it being in February before.

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I wonder why the senior bowl is so late? I don't ever recall it being in February before.

Yeah I know. That seems wierd to me as well.

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Why exactly would the Rams have granted permission on Fairchild to interview as our O coord, this early if we arent going to interview him for another month?

I think thats just crappy reporting.

Furthermore, why do you say we are cheap, the top names are ex-head coaches and they are on the list...Capers, Haslett

Read the artice. the meat of the interviews are at the end of feburary. That reaks of 'Lets wait and take what is left'.

Norv Turner hasn't been invited to any HC interviews. So why not get him in here and talk to him? If he wants the job, then give it to him. He is more qualified than any of the other guys listed. Esp some guy from St. Louis that wasn't allowed to call plays until Martz was off of the team! :rage:

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
I agree Ice.

Jan Reimers
01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I think Ralph is a Hall of Fame owner but he IS cheap. At 87, you'd think he would open his wallet a bit - it's not like they're going to foreclose on his home in Grosse Point, or that he can't pay his kids' college tuition.

Live it up, Ralph, you're only an octogenarian once.

billsfan#11
01-12-2006, 11:05 AM
The 2006 Senior Bowl, presented by Food World, is scheduled for Saturday, January 28, 2006, in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/2006/game.htm

The week leading up to the game is when the interviews take place. The interviews will probably start on the 22nd when the NFL people start arriving in Mobile, AL.

:calm:

Jeff1220
01-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I think Ralph is a Hall of Fame owner but he IS cheap. At 87, you'd think he would open his wallet a bit - it's not like they're going to foreclose on his home in Grosse Point, or that he can't pay his kids' college tuition.
Live it up, Ralph, you're only an octogenarian once.

I think you mean his great-grandkids' tuition.