PDA

View Full Version : A mock draft I'm in....

clumping platelets
01-12-2006, 07:58 AM
1 - OT Winston Justice (USC)
2 - SOLB Bobby Carpenter (Ohio St)
3 - DE Ray Edwards (Purdue)
3 - WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)
4 - DT Barry Cofield (Northwestern)
5 - OL Adam Stenavich (Michigan)
:goodpost:

TigerJ
01-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Where are you going to get a run stuffing DT?

clumping platelets
01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Trade or FA

I wanted Claude Wroten in rd 3, but he was taken late 2nd

Besides, rookie DT's rarely make an impact anyhoo.....

I hafta go with my draft board LOL

Novacane
01-12-2006, 08:26 AM
who were the top 7?

Earthquake Enyart
01-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I didn't know BOCES had mock drafts. Those are some sweet picks. I wonder who blowhawk will pick next.

mysticsoto
01-12-2006, 09:07 AM
3 - coming up soon

Who had been picked when the 1st round came by? Winston Justice seems like a reach at #8...he should probably be more of a late 1st rounder...as for choosing Bobby Carpenter at #2...are you drafting with us going to a 3-4 ?

eyedog
01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Winston Justice is a right tackle, this team needs a left tackle.

clumping platelets
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I edited the last pick......I will comment later

OpIv37
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Stovall would be great for us- he's tall and strong in contrast to our undersized guys like Evans and Parrish. He's got great hands and catches anything that comes within 15 feet of him.

But there are other positions that are priorty over WR.

R. Rich
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Where are you going to get a run stuffing DT?

Trade or FA

I wanted Claude Wroten in rd 3, but he was taken late 2nd

Besides, rookie DT's rarely make an impact anyhoo.....

I hafta go with my draft board LOL

I like the idea of getting a run stuffing DT in free agency (Ryan Pickett would be ideal; Grady Jackson might be a bit more realistic). Gabe Watson would be nice in the 2nd, as he's more of a 2 gap tackle. Claude Wroten? A good interior rusher, but @ 6-3 and 290, not quite the massive 2 gap tackle we need, nor is he exceptionally strong for his size to make you think he could be a 2 gap tackle @ his size. Other than Ngata or Watson, I'd look to Stanford's Babatunde Oshiowo as a better fit for DT.

DraftBoy
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Id love to see us grab Pickett in FA but I wonder if Marv will do it....As for the picks I like them Clump, I dont see us addressing the G or S posistion but we could do that in FA. Overall good picks.

mysticsoto
01-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Personally, I think Brick Ferguson is the only Olineman worth a #8. If he's gone, I think the next 3 or 4 are "okay" and worth much lower.

That's why I asked who was gone already from the pick - I'd probably have made another choice...

lordofgun
01-12-2006, 03:24 PM
3 - WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)
:goodpost:
negged.

tat2dmike77
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I didn't know BOCES had mock drafts. Those are some sweet picks. I wonder who blowhawk will pick next.

LOL i haven't heard the word BOCES since i left olean thats hilarious!

clumping platelets
01-13-2006, 01:06 AM
There is a misconception about the NFL draft: rookies can come in and be the answer at a position of need. Why didn't you take a run-stuffing DT? We did in 2004, his name is Tim Anderson and he's not the long term answer....yet. He could still develop with more experience.

My draft strategy takes into account need, free agency, salary cap, age, and now that the coaching is basically gone....new players that fit the philosophy of the new staff/FO

1) OT Justice: protected Leinhart's blind side and I read that he's had experience at LT. The mock had a few admin problems early because unclassmen were not eligible until they declared. Vince Young became eligible after my pick and the team at #9 grabbed him. This is why the mock should have started after the deadline to declare. I did not want Vince Young at #8 anyhoo....I would have traded down. At the time of my pick, I was told Justice had declared....admin of the mock said keep him.

2) SOLB Bobby Carpenter: who presently on the Bills roster can play SOLB other than Posey? No one...you are not gonna move Spikes there...Crowell is WOLB/MLB...thus the need to find a player who can back up Posey, contribute on special teams, and be the future at that position

3a) DE Ray Edwards: Come draft day, if Edwards is still sitting there....you take him. I've rec'd many offers for his rights bu other team owners. He's a value pick.

3b) WR Maurice Stovall: His size alone makes him potentially valuable in the red zone. We will eventually need a WR with his size.

BTW: I restructured Moulds & franchised Nate.

I just offered Losman and my 5th for Schaub. The guy offered Schaub to me for the rights to Edwards and my 4th & 5th rd picks.....his proposal was ridiculous, so was mine LOL

Mahdi
01-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Taking a T at #8 is not going to help this team. The chances that Justice would come in and out-perform Gandy to such an extent to warrant that choice is not likely. We need help on the interior of the line. Also, if the Bills want Justice that bad, they could easily trade down, get more first day picks and still have Justice. If D'Brick is gone. We can go with Mario Williams, Mathias Kiwanuka, Ngata (although I would prefer to fill the DT void in FA), if Clements is gone, Huff or Jimmy Williams. At the #8 you have to get a player that will vastly improve an aspect of your team, Justice would not do that. If we are going to reach, I would rather reach for Max- Jean Gilles or Deuce Latui since they would be significant upgrades. But they also can be had later in round 1 or early in round 2.

clumping platelets
01-13-2006, 01:47 AM
It's January.....the grades on all these players will fluctuated daily until they are actually drafted.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 03:22 AM
I don't want an OL at #8. IMO, we have to go best player available at a spot that high.

clumping platelets
01-13-2006, 04:29 AM
I do not disagree Mikey.......that could mean DB, LB, DL, OL, or even WR

It will all depend on the new coaching staff/FO

clumping platelets
01-13-2006, 05:42 AM
I'm thinking about getting Mike Degory from Florida...he's a C/G in the 4th rd. I could also see whats out there for DBs or DL

Novacane
01-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Why are you not answering the question of who went before you picked Justice? Did you pass on D'brick or something and don't want us :lmao: at your pick? :D

R. Rich
01-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Why are you not answering the question of who went before you picked Justice? Did you pass on D'brick or something and don't want us :lmao: at your pick? :D

I'm not a big fan of Winston Justice, so if our draft went down the way he picked, I'd hope a lot of potential choices were gone by that pick to justify it.

clumping platelets
01-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, I submitted a proxy list of a few players and they were all selected.

Pick was made for me: DT Barry Cofield (Northwestern)

SABURZFAN
01-15-2006, 07:39 AM

:lmao:

clumping platelets
01-17-2006, 04:07 PM
5th rd pick

I selected Adam Stenavich who can play left side of the OL

If we go into a 6th rd...I'll likely look for a versatile DB or someone who's slipped dramatically