PDA

View Full Version : WGR Bills Beat reporter last night!

Patrick76777
01-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I see a lot of you are speculating on OC and DC. Paul Hamilton, the Bills beat reporter was on last night and touched on this issue. From what he’s gathered, MM is looking to hire first time Coordinators for each side of the ball. MM will continue calling he plays and his OC will mainly be his go to guy. They guy that runs the day to day activity of the O. But in the games MM will call the plays as many HC’s around the league currently do.

On defense, they’re looking for someone who blitzes a little less. Turns out that MM and JG don’t really talk. Not a good relationship there. JG was blamed for the Miami loss because after a nice game plan against Ferrotte, he switched to a blitz heavy defense once SR came in. Hamilton continued that Marv Levy is not a big fan of the blitz heavy defense and has always said, Live by it and die by it. During the preseason, Levy commented that Blitz heavy D’s are very successful in the preseason because teams don’t game plan. But if a team finds out what you’re doing, they’ll pick it up and hit big plays all the time. (Might explain Clements season).

I guess Gray would design the game plan, MM would bounce some ideas off of him on how O’s might counter his plan and then Gray would make any changes. During the game they rarely talked.

Take it for what it's worth, but PH is around the team all the time.

RedEyE
01-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Disappointing and encouraging at the same time. I really don't want a first time OC brought in tocoach the offense. We need coaching experience lining that field to better adapt the young guys.

I am glad, however, to see that not everyone believes that Gray is some stud defense guru that just had a bad season. It's time for his departure. I don't mind fresh meat coaching the defensive side of the ball.

LtBillsFan66
01-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Here's to another 5-11 season. :cheers:

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Not happy with this...

Mudflap1
01-12-2006, 11:21 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=90000

Iehoshua
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I thought they blitzed less when SR came into the Miami game...

:confused:

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Here's to another 5-11 season. :cheers:
:beer:

don137
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe MM figures the less experience they have the less of a threat they are to take his job.

TigerJ
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Maybe MM figures the less experience they have the less of a threat they are to take his job.

Ouch! Where did we see that before?

Carlton Bailey
01-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm going to take whatever Paul Hamilton says with a grain of salt. He isn't exactly Chris Mortensen. He's just some fat guy who fell ass-backwards into a good job.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Actually by keeping MM here with JP we have a real quandry. 2 people who are lost & really don't know how to do their jobs. It will = a early first round pick in 2007. :cry:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't like this at all. And this is a big reason why Mularkey should have been fired. :mad:

Turf
01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't like this at all. And this is a big reason why Mularkey should have been fired. :mad:

Hey Mikey! I just got out of work and heard the shocking news. I got one question for ya:

HOW YA FEELING NOW???

YEAH!!!!! The Dork is gone!!

:cry: Tears of joy......

Michael82
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey Mikey! I just got out of work and heard the shocking news. I got one question for ya:

HOW YA FEELING NOW???

YEAH!!!!! The Dork is gone!!

:cry: Tears of joy......
I am soooo ****ing excited! I hated that guy. He was like Gregg Williams part II. I'm glad he's gone and once it's official...everyone gets 98 :posrep: from me.

I'll start with you. :up:

LtBillsFan66
01-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Glad he's gone.