CFL quarterback signs with KC, why does'nt the bills try for these guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

CFL quarterback signs with KC

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Don’t expect newly signed Chiefs quarterback Casey Printers to challenge Trent Green for the starting spot next season.
    But Printers, 24, could give the Chiefs — at long last — a competent developmental quarterback. Printers, who signed a three-year contract Wednesday, was the most outstanding player in the Canadian Football League in 2004 with British Columbia.
    After his big 2004 season, Printers’ play slipped last season. But that didn’t concern the Chiefs, who outbid the Detroit Lions and Indianapolis Colts to sign him.
    “They convinced me I could have a great future there,” Printers said. “They told me they would be patient with me and that they would try to bring me along.”
    Printers’ timing in joining the Chiefs couldn’t be better. Green will be 36 when next season begins. Backup quarterbacks Todd Collins and Damon Huard are both over 30, and each was in the last year of his contract.
    “This is a 24-year-old kid who was (most outstanding player) in the CFL,” said Printers’ agent, Jason Medlock. “They think of this kid as a Michael Vick-Vince Young-type of player. He’s got a good, accurate arm and knowledge of how to play the game.
    “He’s a valuable guy to groom.”

No comment from his agent, Sysco Router.

Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 01-12-2006, 02:21 PM.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: The next great QB is officially of the market

What's with the huge font?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

I don't know, I just cut and pasted.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

All is well, Gunz, Buffalo nabbed Craig Ochs.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
          All is well, Gunz, Buffalo nabbed Craig Ochs.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

yawn
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Damnit, I really wished Buffalo would of considered signing him, the kid has some serious talent
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                I don't know, I just cut and pasted.
                There. Damn < H1 > tags.

Comment

• ticatfan
                  The Meathead of Muslims!
                  • Jul 2002

By ADAM TEICHERThe Kansas City StarDon’t expect newly signed Chiefs quarterback Casey Printers to challenge Trent Green for the starting spot next season.
                  But Printers, 24, could give the Chiefs — at long last — a competent developmental quarterback. Printers, who signed a three-year contract Wednesday, was the most outstanding player in the Canadian Football League in 2004 with British Columbia.
                  After his big 2004 season, Printers’ play slipped last season. But that didn’t concern the Chiefs, who outbid the Detroit Lions and Indianapolis Colts to sign him.
                  “They convinced me I could have a great future there,” Printers said. “They told me they would be patient with me and that they would try to bring me along.”
                  Printers’ timing in joining the Chiefs couldn’t be better. Green will be 36 when next season begins. Backup quarterbacks Todd Collins and Damon Huard are both over 30, and each was in the last year of his contract.
                  “This is a 24-year-old kid who was (most outstanding player) in the CFL,” said Printers’ agent, Jason Medlock. “They think of this kid as a Michael Vick-Vince Young-type of player. He’s got a good, accurate arm and knowledge of how to play the game.
                  “He’s a valuable guy to groom.”
                  That’s how Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson looked at it, too.
                  “We’ve had some good fortune with Canadian players,” Peterson said. “Joe Horn was a guy we had to draft to get out of Canada. Marc Boerigter …
                  “I look at it this way: It’s like having an additional draft choice. And this draft choice has pro football experience, albeit the CFL. It’s a bigger, wider field and so on. But I think he’s got a chance to come in and help us. He’s going to be a backup for us and learn what we do and what this offense is all about.”
                  Printers began his college career at Texas Christian, where he played with running back LaDainian Tomlinson. He finished it at Florida A&M.
                  “I feel I have the elusiveness of Donovan McNabb or Michael Vick,” Printers said. “I feel I could make plays with the best of them. I don’t know if that’s just me being overconfident, but I can bring some things to the table. I can run, I can throw and I can think.”
                  ■ The Chiefs announced the signing of eight free agents. Most have gone to camp with the Chiefs at some point in the past.
                  Most notable is defensive lineman Eddie Freeman, their second-round draft pick in 2002. Freeman never developed into a reliable player and lasted only two seasons.
                  The others are quarterback James Kilian; tight ends Aaron Golliday and Willie Walden; defensive linemen Zach Ville, Arrion Dixon and Clint Mitchell; and cornerback Kevin Garrett.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                  Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Re: CFL quarterback signs with KC, why does'nt the bills try for these guys.

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

The Bills did sign someone - Craig Ochs.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Seems like I read this somewhere else

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

yeah...I think you did...maybe a merge is in order?
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ticatfan
                            The Meathead of Muslims!
                            • Jul 2002

Alright I did not know you put it up. lol But you still missed out on a keeper.
                            Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                            Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Working...
                            X