X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

I want Jim (not Jimmy) Johnson as HC

Hear me out. I'd like to see us take the Bears model of building a team, that being build up a dominating defense capable of shutting teams down every week. With the weather in Buffalo, a great defense can make RWS a venue teams will hate to visit. Defense wins championships, and I think that's the fastest way for us to get to the top. To do this we need a defensive minded HC.

*Jim Johnson, DC for the Eagles, has vast NFL experience as an asst coach (19 years).
    *His defenses have consistently been among the leagues best and he plays an attacking style that's fun to watch. *He's worked for like 7 years for Andy Reid who is a fine coach IMO, so he knows how a good team is run.
    *The Eagles are out of the playoffs so we don't have to wait to interview him.
    He's a fiery guy, no some milk toast like Haslett who let's his team run wild with no discipline.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: I want Jim (not Jimmy) Johnson as HC

Another good choice. I wanted Brad Childress, but Mularkey waited too long.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

How about Ron Rivera, the Chicago DC? He's younger than Johnson and his defenses have arguably been better. Rivera is also a guy that a lot of people seem to think is ready to step up to a HC job this year. What I like about his defenses is that they didn't quit last year when they had a lot of injuries and they have carried the team this season with a rookie QB and a very limited offense.

I would take Johnson or Rivera over Cottrell and probably over Haslett.
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
        How about Ron Rivera, the Chicago DC? He's younger than Johnson and his defenses have arguably been better. Rivera is also a guy that a lot of people seem to think is ready to step up to a HC job this year. What I like about his defenses is that they didn't quit last year when they had a lot of injuries and they have carried the team this season with a rookie QB and a very limited offense.

I would take Johnson or Rivera over Cottrell and probably over Haslett.
        Personally I prefer a guy with more NFL experience which is why I like Johnson. Rivera is a young coach and right now that kinda scares me. Yeah the Bears D is awesome but there's an awful lot of talent there too.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I can name 7 million and two reasons why that won't happen.

7 mill salary JJ would demand, and Ralph/Marv wont' step aside and let the man run it.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            I can name 7 million and two reasons why that won't happen.

7 mill salary JJ would demand, and Ralph/Marv wont' step aside and let the man run it.
            He's talking about Jim Johnson (DC for the Eagles), NOT Jimmy Johnson.

Comment

Working...
            X