PDA

View Full Version : I want Jim (not Jimmy) Johnson as HC

Bill Cody
01-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Hear me out. I'd like to see us take the Bears model of building a team, that being build up a dominating defense capable of shutting teams down every week. With the weather in Buffalo, a great defense can make RWS a venue teams will hate to visit. Defense wins championships, and I think that's the fastest way for us to get to the top. To do this we need a defensive minded HC.

*Jim Johnson, DC for the Eagles, has vast NFL experience as an asst coach (19 years).
*His defenses have consistently been among the leagues best and he plays an attacking style that's fun to watch. *He's worked for like 7 years for Andy Reid who is a fine coach IMO, so he knows how a good team is run.
*The Eagles are out of the playoffs so we don't have to wait to interview him.
He's a fiery guy, no some milk toast like Haslett who let's his team run wild with no discipline.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Another good choice. I wanted Brad Childress, but Mularkey waited too long. :mad:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-13-2006, 07:48 AM
How about Ron Rivera, the Chicago DC? He's younger than Johnson and his defenses have arguably been better. Rivera is also a guy that a lot of people seem to think is ready to step up to a HC job this year. What I like about his defenses is that they didn't quit last year when they had a lot of injuries and they have carried the team this season with a rookie QB and a very limited offense.

I would take Johnson or Rivera over Cottrell and probably over Haslett.

Bill Cody
01-13-2006, 08:54 AM
How about Ron Rivera, the Chicago DC? He's younger than Johnson and his defenses have arguably been better. Rivera is also a guy that a lot of people seem to think is ready to step up to a HC job this year. What I like about his defenses is that they didn't quit last year when they had a lot of injuries and they have carried the team this season with a rookie QB and a very limited offense.

I would take Johnson or Rivera over Cottrell and probably over Haslett.

Personally I prefer a guy with more NFL experience which is why I like Johnson. Rivera is a young coach and right now that kinda scares me. Yeah the Bears D is awesome but there's an awful lot of talent there too.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I can name 7 million and two reasons why that won't happen.

7 mill salary JJ would demand, and Ralph/Marv wont' step aside and let the man run it.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I can name 7 million and two reasons why that won't happen.

7 mill salary JJ would demand, and Ralph/Marv wont' step aside and let the man run it.
He's talking about Jim Johnson (DC for the Eagles), NOT Jimmy Johnson.