X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

We can't have a QUITTER on the team!

Goodbye Mike Mularkey! You spineless excuse of a head coach. If you can't handle the heat from the fans and media, you shouldn't be coaching. This also explains why the team gives up at the end of the game. They follow their head coach! If the coach quits on the team, why would the team play for him?

Mike Mularkey and please take Brad Roll with you
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: We can't have a QUITTER on the team!

I do believe Mr Cynical just found Jesus....

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Goodbye Mike Mularkey! You spineless excuse of a head coach. If you can't handle the heat from the fans and media, you shouldn't be coaching. This also explains why the team gives up at the end of the game. They follow their head coach! If the coach quits on the team, why would the team play for him?
      Mike Mularkey and please take Brad Roll with you
      Totally agreed, Mikey. His handling of the QB situation this past year showed how weak he was.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

No wonder the team was not mentally tough.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
          No wonder the team was not mentally tough.
          EXACTLY! This explains the mental toughness of the team. If the coach QUITs because he can't handle the harassment, then the team will be just as poor.

Mike Mularkey

Welcome to Buffalo, Mike Sherman, Eric Mangini, or Jim Haslett!

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Totally agreed, Mikey. His handling of the QB situation this past year showed how weak he was.
            thats what I was thinking. I wanted him gone because of this, but now I REALLY want his ass gone. This is horrible. Why would the coach just up and quit on his team? This makes Buffalo look really bad. I hope Ralph gives him nothing on the contract and takes it to pay a new solid head coach.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Depending what was done to his family,I will respect him more for quitting. Too often coaches and athletes let family come 2nd.

If he was having problems that were easily handled, then he is a quitter. But let's wait for the full story first.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Could you imagine the ridicule he would've taken in Philly? He got off easy here...

Jon

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Hit the road, jack..and don't ya come back no more
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                    Could you imagine the ridicule he would've taken in Philly? He got off easy here...

Jon
                    EXACTLY! It would have been worse in many many other places.

New York especially.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Depending what was done to his family,I will respect him more for quitting. Too often coaches and athletes let family come 2nd.

If he was having problems that were easily handled, then he is a quitter. But let's wait for the full story first.
                      I doubt we'll ever hear the full story. just more rumors and gossip. the only way the truth will come out is if Mularkey comes out and explains exactly why he resigned and I just dont see that happening. It truly is sad if he felt he had to resign becuase of pressure on his family. While I'm glad he's gone, his family should have been left out of this.

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

I think it's pathetic when fans start harrassing a head coaches family because the head coach can't pull wins out of his ass. They have nothing to do with it. They're just scapegoats. If anything, Mularkey just did everyone a favor. It he would have stunk it up next season, the fans would want to have him hung. Most fans should appreciate that he resigned and gave us a head start on correcting this team. Nice to knowing ya, Coach. Thanks.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                          I think it's pathetic when fans start harrassing a head coaches family because the head coach can't pull wins out of his ass. They have nothing to do with it. They're just scapegoats. If anything, Mularkey just did everyone a favor. It he would have stunk it up next season, the fans would want to have him hung. Most fans should appreciate that he resigned and gave us a head start on correcting this team. Nice to knowing ya, Coach. Thanks.
                          not really harassing, but I'm sure his wife or children heard things from other people in Buffalo about how Mularkey sucks as a head coach and should have been fired. I know it's not right, but it happens all over the place. People take their sports teams very seriously.

Comment

Working...
                          X