PDA

View Full Version : Possible HC Candidates...

Mahdi
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Although I'm not a proponent of Mularkey leaving here is a list of possible HC candidates:

Cam Cameron: OC San Diego Chargers, he's obviously a great playcaller.

Gil Haskell: OC Seattle Seahawks: Besides the running game, he puts together a good passing attack with average talent at the WR position.

Jim Johnson: DC Philly. Great Defensive mind, and will have a lot of talent to work with here.

Bob Bratkowski: OC Cincinnati Bengals: Hasn't been mentionned but seeing as how Marvin Lewis is a defensive minded coach, the OC must have a lot of input into the success of that offense, which is built similar to ours, minus the O-line.

Al Saunders: OC KC Chiefs: Runs a great offense, "pound the rock" style, would be great in B-lo.

Steve Mariucci: Despite failing in Detroit, I wouldn't mind seeing him as our HC, but I would rather see a hard-nosed HC here instead.

Ron Rivera: I think he is one of my top candidates. I like the D he runs.

Mike Sherman: I dont want to see him here. Seems to soft IMO. And I credit most of their success to Favre and what Holmgren left behind.

Gary Kubiak: Would be a good choice IMO. I'm sure he would not accept anything but a stellar O-line.

Dan Reeves: I think he is my top candidate, if he can be lured away from a consulting position with the Texans.

Jim Fassel: We passed on him once, and now that he is starting to get something out of Boller, his offense looked good in the last few weeks of the season, might work out.

Which of these candidates would you guys want? Any other suggestions?

That Guy
01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Tim Lewis, DC of the Giants

also I'd love to have Mike Singletary here in some capacity

Overall my favorite candidates are Saunders, Rivera, Kubiak and Reeves.

SquishDaFish
01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Jim Johnson,Al Saunders,Mooch or Kubiak. My top choices

hydro014
01-12-2006, 06:22 PM
you know haslett is going to be interviewed, i wound be suprized if he was our new HC.

billsburgh
01-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Adam Shefter on NFL total access just said that Jim Haslett would be the bills top choice if it is true that MM has resigned.

Mahdi
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Ya I didnt mention Haslett, only because he's been heavily discussed already. I'm not sure if I would want him here or not, his specialty is defense and NO has never had a good D.

camelcowboy
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Gary Grey, just kidding. Id like Rivera

DaBills
01-12-2006, 06:41 PM
If we bring in another OC or DC as first-time coach, uggg. Fassel off that list maybe ok.

Jimmy Johnson.

Art Schell.

This team needs discipline and the OL and DL's built.

lordofgun
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Eric Mangini?

samhain1961
01-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't want to go the rookie head coach route again.
We spent five season on that road & barely managed to creep above .500 once. I don't want to give another coodinator a couple-three years of on the job training so that he can apparently peak somewhere else down the line, as appears to be the case with Gregg Williams.
Nope, I want a guy who's been the top dog before & already proven himself as a leader so that we can attract some good coodinators here & then some impact free agents come Febuary.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Eric Mangini?
Good choice. :bf1:

The Spaz
01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Good choice. :bf1:

Eric Mangini is a very good choice but he is in NY this weekend interviewing for the Jets job.:down:

Bmax
01-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Look for Ron Riveria, Tim Lewis Ted Cotrell and Jim Haslett to be the list of guys to be interviewed...Cotrell already being mentioned By Lenny P. on ESPN.COM

MarvLevy
01-12-2006, 09:29 PM
1. JEFF FISHER
2. RON RIVERA

MarvLevy
01-12-2006, 09:29 PM
1. JEFF FISHER
2. RON RIVERA

DaBills
01-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Didn't Ted pre-interview 5 years ago?

;-p

Kerr
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Al Saunders-Top ranked offense every year and knows to how utilize the talent he has. Style of offense would coincide with Jp's talent. He's a pretty darn good WR coach.