PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Mularkey resigns; Haslett possible replacement

deathadder
01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5242550?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5337

Mike Mularkey has resigned as coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Sources close to the situation indicate Mularkey actually made the decision Wednesday, and the team will make it official at an 11 a.m. ET press conference Friday.
The leading candidate to replace him is ex-Saints coach Jim Haslett.

Mularkey, who has three years left on his contract, was originally retained despite struggling in his second season in Buffalo. He went 5-11 this season after a 9-7 debut a season ago.

Mularkey's resignation announcement came a week after the Bills hired Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy to take over as general manager. Levy replaced team president and GM Tom Donahoe, who was fired last week.

alohabillsfan
01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Wow, only a couple of days into the Marv regime and I already like the results!!!! MM did not like the direction the team was heading (must of been talking about winning)!!! :drool2:

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Wow, only a couple of days into the Marv regime and I already like the results!!!! MM did not like the direction the team was heading (must of been talking about winning)!!! :drool2:

My source inside one bills drive said its because they told mularkey he couldnt throw to Shelton out of the backfield anymore.

Novacane
01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
How would they know who the leading canidate is? They are just speculating

Nighthawk
01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
How would they know who the leading canidate is? They are just speculating

As long as it is not Levy, I'm happy! Go Bills...man, am I happy right now!