PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton reports NOT about family concerns; professional reasons

T-Long
01-12-2006, 06:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2289987

DynaPaul
01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
It's called the "every captain must go down with his ship" syndrome. Mularkey tried to escape going down on his Titanic by cutting the first mate and crew. Now he finally realizes that he's gotta go down too to save his dignity.

Gunzlingr
01-12-2006, 07:02 PM
watch, he will get a job with some other teaM AND TAKE THEM TO THE PLAYOFFS

don137
01-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Hiring MM will now go down as the worst move of the TD regime...And that list is quite lengthy...

Novacane
01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't care what his reasons are. I'm just glad he's gone.

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
"He didn't feel as though the setup for hiring assistant coaches and recruiting free agents were conducive to winning."

Playing Kelly Holcolm the last week of the season wasnt conducive to winning either, but he still did it.
Sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me. I think he was pissed his butt buddy Donahoe wasnt running the show.

Novacane
01-12-2006, 07:06 PM
"He didn't feel as though the setup for hiring assistant coaches and recruiting free agents were conducive to winning."
Playing Kelly Holcolm the last week of the season wasnt conducive to winning either, but he still did it.
Sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me. I think he was pissed his butt buddy Donahoe wasnt running the show.

I :lmao: at that quote to. Like he would know what "conducive to winning" is.
Good ridence you quitting loser MM

Iehoshua
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Agreed 100%.

I always felt his hiring was blatantly biased anyway, and that Donahoe never had any intention of choosing anybody but while interviewing.

I'm sooo glad that era is over.

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:14 PM
conducive to winning?

I guess alienating your vetrans, throwing on 1st & goal at the three with a huge lead, sitting a young qb the last game of the season, and letting your team lose a game when they have a 21 pt lead are conducive to winning.

Turf
01-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm so glad this idiot is gone.
Hats off to Marv. He pulled off firing Mularkey with dignity. Nice show.

Iehoshua
01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
conducive to winning?

I guess alienating your vetrans, throwing on 1st & goal at the three with a huge lead, sitting a young qb the last game of the season, and letting your team lose a game when they have a 21 pt lead are conducive to winning.

:bf1:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
conducive to winning?

:rofl: Good one!

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:27 PM
My sources inside One Bills Drive tell me the breaking point was when Levy told MM he couldnt throw to Shelton out of the backfield!

The_Philster
01-12-2006, 07:27 PM
conducive to winning?

Nicely put, bro :up:

Griz78
01-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Disagreeing with Free Agents?

Who are the guys that dropped Ruben Brown? Drew Bledsoe?
Who picked Bennie Anderson instead of offering more for DeMulling?
Who refused to pay Pat Williams? Speaking of who's right...Pat Williams saying Bills Mgt is messed up or Mularkey saying Bills Mgt after one week of Levy. I bet everything on Donahoe and Mularkey being wrong.

Last I knew if a team was 9-7 and short of playoffs, you do things to IMPROVE your team, not let guys leave and replace them with backups.

A few hours ago I felt sorry for Mularkey because I thought it was family reasons, but now not "conducive to winning", Mularkey and his chronies can take a hike!

Griz78
01-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Disagreeing with Free Agents?

Who are the guys that dropped Ruben Brown? Drew Bledsoe?
Who picked Bennie Anderson instead of offering more for DeMulling?
Who refused to pay Pat Williams? Speaking of who's right...Pat Williams saying Bills Mgt is messed up or Mularkey saying Bills Mgt after one week of Levy. I bet everything on Donahoe and Mularkey being wrong.

Last I knew if a team was 9-7 and short of playoffs, you do things to IMPROVE your team, not let guys leave and replace them with backups.

A few hours ago I felt sorry for Mularkey because I thought it was family reasons, but now not "conducive to winning", Mularkey and his chronies can take a hike!

Kerr
01-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Not family related? Well that's good for him. It's still great news for us. It's time to right this ship.