• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Bucs' defense will be the difference

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Jan. 23, 2003) -- After looking at all the matchups, I like Tampa Bay to win this game.

Let's start with what the Buccaneers have been able to do on the offensive side of the ball. They are not a great running team by any means. If you're looking for a weakness, that has probably been it. But the thing they have done lately is they've been committed to the run. Maybe that doesn't make sense to people, but the net effect that it's had allows Brad Johnson to use play action, slow down the pass rush, and gives them a chance to win football games.

Since Nov. 1, there just hasn't been a hotter quarterback in the NFL. He's making great decisions. He has a reputation as sort of an emotionally unstable guy, and when he came out and threw the early interception against the Eagles, you began to think that the struggles he'd had in the past might resurface in his mind. But they really didn't. He got right back to what he does well -- reading the defense, getting the ball out quickly, and really picking apart a very good Eagles secondary. Except for Indianapolis, I hadn't seen anybody move the ball up and down the field against Philadelphia like that.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X