PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone thought MM might be right?

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Look I hate the bastard as a HC too. I feel as a MAN he is weak. But maybe he is correct in his thoughts that the way things are going in regards to assistant coaches is NOT condusive to winning?

So far all we have done is sit around and ask permission for some wannabe that held the clipboard for Martz until he left the team. For DC we are looking at someone elses secondary coach etc.

Maybe Ralph has gone overboard and has become way too controlling. I have had concerns about marv as well.

I have a Bad bad feeling Ralph is trying to do this on the cheap and it NEVER works. he needs to cut the SH#@, call sherman up and let HIM pick the OC and DC and the system. Then marv and crew sit down with sherman and let HIM decide who on this team can fit into what he wants to do. Then sit down with scouting and see what players fit into what Sherman wants to do. THAT is the winning way to do things. Something I don't see ralph or Marv doing.

Mark my words...Ralph is going to fugg this thing up so damn bad, we will have nothing but wannbe's from the HC down. We wont' be able to sign quality FA's at all.

lordofgun
01-12-2006, 07:32 PM
nope. MM was an idiot. period.

Novacane
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
The BIlls took a giant step in the right direction tonight Ice. Relax and enjoy it!

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Hes been wrong all year, why would he be right now?

When you start a journeyman qb the last game of the year instead of the kid to try and cover your ass, you deserve to be fired.

cordog
01-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Every decision he has made ALL year has been wrong. Why would he be right? This is a B.S. excuse. He wanted out because he knew his ass was on thin ice now that the man that hired him got canned.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
The BIlls took a giant step in the right direction tonight Ice. Relax and enjoy it!
Excellent Post! :bf1:

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 07:49 PM
So you guys think Ralph will pay the money it takes to get a REAL Staff in here? Note to you guys, Just a short while back (dont' have the link) Gregg williams said he had more money to field his defensive staff in Washington, than his ENTIRE STAFF in Buffalo. That folks is pathetic.

And note, Since Tice was fired, MM was the lowest paid HC in the league.

AndreReed83
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Washington has SO much more money then Buffalo. The whole Dan Snyder effect. Btw, MM deserved to be one of the lowest paid HC in the league. Offesnive coordinator, was coming off a pretty poor season, biggest claim to fame was getting Kordell to a Pro Bowl (I think). He wasn't worth a huge contract.

Iehoshua
01-12-2006, 07:57 PM
If you think MM was right then you can go with him.
:D

BAM
01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
He did a pretty good job in '04, then took a total about face in '05. I was willing to give him one more year to see what he could do, but it appears that isn't going to happen. Can't say I'm upset about it either! Goodbye, Mike Mularkey!

ICE74129
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
If you think MM was right then you can go with him.
:D

You care to wager that this is just a sign of bad things to come? I bet it is. I bet Ralph and marv screw us up even worse than we are now.

Ralph is way to old to own this team. too old and not nearly the money other owners have. To quote bob Kraft 'There is no salary cap on coaches'. Ralph needs to show he will PAY for quality coaches. he has yet to do that.

I bet this staff is filled with up and coming wannabes by the time it is all said and done.

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Has anyone thought MM might be right?

:no:

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Has anyone thought MM might be right?

:no:

Here is what we know, Ralph has always been CHEAP. We also know no REAL coordinator candidates have interviewed. I am willing to bet they all turned down the offer to interview.

Something IS going on at OBD and I am sorry to say, I don't think it is good.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 12:05 AM
See I told Tatonka, the same people *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him leaving. This is getting ridiculous. :ill:

AndreReed83
01-13-2006, 12:06 AM
There are a lot of other teams that have yet to have any "real" coordinators interview as well. We've been without our coordinators for a week and a half and our head coach just resigned? Give it TIME.

Philagape
01-13-2006, 12:40 AM

:bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap: :bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap: :bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap:

Nublar7
01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Look I hate the bastard as a HC too. I feel as a MAN he is weak. But maybe he is correct in his thoughts that the way things are going in regards to assistant coaches is NOT condusive to winning?

So far all we have done is sit around and ask permission for some wannabe that held the clipboard for Martz until he left the team. For DC we are looking at someone elses secondary coach etc.

Maybe Ralph has gone overboard and has become way too controlling. I have had concerns about marv as well.

I have a Bad bad feeling Ralph is trying to do this on the cheap and it NEVER works. he needs to cut the SH#@, call sherman up and let HIM pick the OC and DC and the system. Then marv and crew sit down with sherman and let HIM decide who on this team can fit into what he wants to do. Then sit down with scouting and see what players fit into what Sherman wants to do. THAT is the winning way to do things. Something I don't see ralph or Marv doing.

Mark my words...Ralph is going to fugg this thing up so damn bad, we will have nothing but wannbe's from the HC down. We wont' be able to sign quality FA's at all.Excellent Post! :bf1:

BSXIII
01-13-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm really beginning to think this team's biggest problem is a fan base that has really taken on Tom Donahoe's personality. The mentality is we suck, we have sucked for a long time, and someone must suffer as a result. It's become a witch hunt, and we always need a scapegoat to sacrifice at the alter.

Now look, I'm all for accountability and placing blame, but the blame has not been spread out. I realize Mularkey has not been a great head coach, but has he been that bad? Considering the talent he's had around him, I think he did alright. His predecessor, Greg Williams was the top candidate for a HC vacancy before the Redskins locked him up. Has Mularkey been much worse than him?

There are some that feel JP Losman is “The Future” and “The Answer”, and the key to everything is giving him his reps. This is a very shallow view IMO, based on what he did in college and so far in the pros. He has bust written all over him, but let’s spin the hype machine.

Now that Mularkey resigned, where are all the stats for how long coaches take to develop? We see them in reference to JP all the time, how did Mularkey compare in his first to seasons to some of the elite coaches in the league now. I bet he did better than Losman’s record as a starter.

IMO this is another instance of the Bills hanging someone out to dry, without anyone better to come in and take over for them. 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

ddaryl
01-13-2006, 02:09 AM
How do people beg for the HC, GM and the ass't to be released, get what they want, then within a short time find yet another thing to ***** and whine about.

Jesus F__ing Christ already, let the cards fall before you watse bandwidth finding yet another negative label to palce on your so called team.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 03:24 AM
How do people beg for the HC, GM and the ass't to be released, get what they want, then within a short time find yet another thing to ***** and whine about.

Jesus F__ing Christ already, let the cards fall before you watse bandwidth finding yet another negative label to palce on your so called team.
Good post! :bf1:

Historian
01-13-2006, 04:23 AM

Agreed.

This is addition by subtraction.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2006, 04:51 AM
The only bad thing about the Mularkey situation is that we didn't fire him on the same day that we hired Marv.

His resignation allows Marv to bring in the people he wants, who will have integrity and character - qualities sorely lacking in the weak and indecisive MM.

G. Host
01-13-2006, 06:31 AM
See I told Tatonka, the same people *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him leaving. This is getting ridiculous. :ill:

Some people are just *****es ......

SquishDaFish
01-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Mikey and ddaryl Excellent posts guys EXCELLENT!

Tatonka
01-13-2006, 06:43 AM

ice is not *****ing about MM leaving.. people need to read the damn posts.. he is *****ing about the fact that wilson will NOT pay for a top candidate..he NEVER HAS..and he wont now.. he might pay the average amount for a HC at best.. but then he wont pay **** for coordinators.. so as much as i would like it.. norv or dom will never be here.. never.

period.

ps.. i hope ice is wrong.. but i think he is right.

G. Host
01-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Yes ICE is a bastardvich not a ***** although occasionally he acts like a harpy. There is a difference :D

Don't Panic
01-13-2006, 07:03 AM
he needs to cut the SH#@, call sherman up and let HIM pick the OC and DC and the system. Then marv and crew sit down with sherman and let HIM decide who on this team can fit into what he wants to do. Then sit down with scouting and see what players fit into what Sherman wants to do. THAT is the winning way to do things. Something I don't see ralph or Marv doing.

That is the best idea I have heard yet. I agree that we are walking a very fine line here between doing what's right and what could tailspin this franchise for the next few years. Now that Mularkey is out (a good thing), we have to make a bullseye decision with our next coach.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Yes ICE is a bastardvich not a ***** although occasionally he acts like a harpy. There is a difference :D

Glen, don't start down this path. Only time I will ask nice.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Now for the really slow kids just getting in off of the short bus.....Find anywhere in my post where I ***** MM was fired. there isn't one. Tatonka hits the entire thing on the head.

Ralph wilson is one of the cheapest bastards in the NFL. Go look at our history outside of what polian built ie 88-96 (note from his leaving through about 98 John Butler tried to carry on what Polian started). Before that and since then, it is a losing history. Now some clown will say 'but we have two afl championships'. Those might as well be grey cups for all anyone cares.

I see other teams interviewing out the arse. How many interviews so far have we heard of at OBD? How many QUALITY Guys? That is what I thought.

When I actually see Ralph, Marv etc interview QUALITY Guys, Then I will get off of their arses, but not a minute before hand.

ryjam282
01-13-2006, 07:50 AM
ice is not *****ing about MM leaving.. people need to read the damn posts.. he is *****ing about the fact that wilson will NOT pay for a top candidate..he NEVER HAS..and he wont now.. he might pay the average amount for a HC at best.. but then he wont pay **** for coordinators.. so as much as i would like it.. norv or dom will never be here.. never.
period.
ps.. i hope ice is wrong.. but i think he is right.

I have to agree here as well...I think...actually, I hope that Marv can turn that thinking around. Maybe Marv can whisper in his hearing aid that he may need to pony up some actual cash to get a real winner in here and get this team on the right track. He has done the cheap thing for too long and obviously it isn't working.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Ralph will need to pony up a 3 year, 9 mill deal to get a REAL HC in here. He also needs to spend about 2 mill between OC and DC then a ton more on the assistants. It will cost ralph about 10 mill to filed a REAL coaching staff.

onceproudbillsfan
01-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Hey BSXIII MM is a freaking joke. You want to say that JP is a bust fine but I am willing to bet that the next head coach dont expect JP to come out and do everything like MM. The next coach will be smart and use a running game not a passing game like Kevin Gilbride. MM threw JP under the bus puttin to much on his shoulders what other coach would expect that out of basically a rookie. Look what Bill Cower did with Big Ben. He didnt expect him to make all the big plays. He just expected him to make a few plays here and there. JP had to try to do everthing since jackoff MM gave up on the run way to early. Thank God that MM resigned now I can say im a proud Bills fan once again!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
01-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Ralph will need to pony up a 3 year, 9 mill deal to get a REAL HC in here. He also needs to spend about 2 mill between OC and DC then a ton more on the assistants. It will cost ralph about 10 mill to filed a REAL coaching staff.

Why don't we wait until Ralph and Marv make a decision before we automatically bash him for being so cheap. Ralph wasn't the one who hired the last few coaches, and typically those coaches are the ones to pick the OC/DC. Now, it looks like everyone is going to be involved and I believe Marv to be a good judge of character for these positions. I hardly think he'll go get someone that doesn't have any experience and be a "yes" man like TD did...

TigerJ
01-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Here's a link to a Democrat and Chronicle article, which claims a source indicating some of Mularkey's reasons for leaving:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060113/SPORTS03/601130410/1007/SPORTS

Ices' post is not about Mularkey's ability to coach or his decidion making during the season, but about his reasons for leaving, which according to the article include:

Too many of the Bills brass living around the country rather than in Bufflao where they can be close at hand to keep an eye on things.

The lack of authority to discipline players when he felt it was needed.
(How many of us think Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells would put up with that?)

The lack of significant input in personnel matters.

He was hired for a different job than the one he found himself in. (that is as I understand it, the conditions and expectations of the job have changed)

I think I might quit in the same circumstances.

SquishDaFish
01-13-2006, 08:22 AM
The head coach just left yesterday lets wait and see where they go for coaches before jumping wagon. And I know I dont ride your bus ICE.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Why don't we wait until Ralph and Marv make a decision before we automatically bash him for being so cheap. Ralph wasn't the one who hired the last few coaches, and typically those coaches are the ones to pick the OC/DC. Now, it looks like everyone is going to be involved and I believe Marv to be a good judge of character for these positions. I hardly think he'll go get someone that doesn't have any experience and be a "yes" man like TD did...

Becuse we won in the late 80's though mid 90's in spite of ralph wilson. Because ralph has been CHEAP his entire life.

So until the man shows us something opposite of his history, he is a cheap bastard.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 09:04 AM
The head coach just left yesterday lets wait and see where they go for coaches before jumping wagon. And I know I dont ride your bus ICE.

Oh you are definatly one of the short bus riders.

gr8slayer
01-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Is it me or does it feel like our team is just falling apart?

SquishDaFish
01-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Sorry ICE I dont know if anyone here rides that bus with you except maybe tackling dummy

BigZ
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I was willing to give him one more year to see what he could do, but it appears that isn't going to happen. Can't say I'm upset about it either! Goodbye, Mike Mularkey!

You stated my feelings pretty well!!!!!!

I'm really up in the air about who should replace him though.