• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Has anyone thought MM might be right?

Look I hate the bastard as a HC too. I feel as a MAN he is weak. But maybe he is correct in his thoughts that the way things are going in regards to assistant coaches is NOT condusive to winning?

So far all we have done is sit around and ask permission for some wannabe that held the clipboard for Martz until he left the team. For DC we are looking at someone elses secondary coach etc.

Maybe Ralph has gone overboard and has become way too controlling. I have had concerns about marv as well.

I have a Bad bad feeling Ralph is trying to do this on the cheap and it NEVER works. he needs to cut the SH#@, call sherman up and let HIM pick the OC and DC and the system. Then marv and crew sit down with sherman and let HIM decide who on this team can fit into what he wants to do. Then sit down with scouting and see what players fit into what Sherman wants to do. THAT is the winning way to do things. Something I don't see ralph or Marv doing.

Mark my words...Ralph is going to fugg this thing up so damn bad, we will have nothing but wannbe's from the HC down. We wont' be able to sign quality FA's at all.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Has anyone thought MM might be right?

nope. MM was an idiot. period.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

The BIlls took a giant step in the right direction tonight Ice. Relax and enjoy it!

Comment

• cordog
        eat, drink, and be merry
        • Apr 2003

Hes been wrong all year, why would he be right now?

When you start a journeyman qb the last game of the year instead of the kid to try and cover your ass, you deserve to be fired.

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Every decision he has made ALL year has been wrong. Why would he be right? This is a B.S. excuse. He wanted out because he knew his ass was on thin ice now that the man that hired him got canned.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
            The BIlls took a giant step in the right direction tonight Ice. Relax and enjoy it!
            Excellent Post!

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

So you guys think Ralph will pay the money it takes to get a REAL Staff in here? Note to you guys, Just a short while back (dont' have the link) Gregg williams said he had more money to field his defensive staff in Washington, than his ENTIRE STAFF in Buffalo. That folks is pathetic.

And note, Since Tice was fired, MM was the lowest paid HC in the league.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                • Mar 2004

Washington has SO much more money then Buffalo. The whole Dan Snyder effect. Btw, MM deserved to be one of the lowest paid HC in the league. Offesnive coordinator, was coming off a pretty poor season, biggest claim to fame was getting Kordell to a Pro Bowl (I think). He wasn't worth a huge contract.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

If you think MM was right then you can go with him.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

He did a pretty good job in '04, then took a total about face in '05. I was willing to give him one more year to see what he could do, but it appears that isn't going to happen. Can't say I'm upset about it either! Goodbye, Mike Mularkey!

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                      If you think MM was right then you can go with him.
                      You care to wager that this is just a sign of bad things to come? I bet it is. I bet Ralph and marv screw us up even worse than we are now.

Ralph is way to old to own this team. too old and not nearly the money other owners have. To quote bob Kraft 'There is no salary cap on coaches'. Ralph needs to show he will PAY for quality coaches. he has yet to do that.

I bet this staff is filled with up and coming wannabes by the time it is all said and done.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Here is what we know, Ralph has always been CHEAP. We also know no REAL coordinator candidates have interviewed. I am willing to bet they all turned down the offer to interview.

Something IS going on at OBD and I am sorry to say, I don't think it is good.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

See I told Tatonka, the same people *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him leaving. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                              • Mar 2004

There are a lot of other teams that have yet to have any "real" coordinators interview as well. We've been without our coordinators for a week and a half and our head coach just resigned? Give it TIME.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
                              X