PDA

View Full Version : Haslett: Who he might bring with him...

RedEyE
01-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Personally, I think that Haslett is the kind of motivator this team needs. Still, I have my doubts considering recent team performance in New Orleans. A lot of articles and media speculate that Haslett was hindered by a poor front office, and being that he was just in his first HC job, that he was persuaded by inneroffice to make certain decision early on with the Saints.

What I find interesting:

The Bad:

Mike Sheppard as OC: Yeah, the same Mike Sheppard. The problems in Buffalo are several, but the offense is obviously lacking the most. I don't want Sheppard and his crap offense back in Buffalo. Even still, it can't be worse then what we have now.

We need a power offense in B-Lo, and I'm not too sure that Haslett can provide one. Teaming him up with a guy like Norv Turner at OC might brighten things a bit.

The Good:

Rick Venturi as DC:

Despite having a lack of talent on Defense, Venturi has made ice cream out of dog turds. he's a student of Bill Belichick and knows how to get the most out of his DL.

Accompanying Venturi would most likey be:

John Pease as DL coach:

Pease has long been considered one of the best DL coaches in the league. He knows how to squeeze energy from young guys and get them playing like Pro Bowlers. I'd much like to see Pease in Buffalo with Haslett, but he's been in the league for 35 years and may not have any fight left in him. TBD.

THE DOWNRIGHT NASTY:

Jack Henry RB Coach:

Jack Henry would turn Willis into the runner that he needs be. Of all of Haslett's former assts., and I were given the chaoice just to bring 1, Henry is the guy. He'll make Willis better understand his role in the running game and the passing game.

Coincidental:

Bob Paclic TE Coach:

Bob is a Buffalo native as well. Gowanda to be precise. His daughter Monica is married to Philadelphia Eagle LB Mark Simenou.

Throw in McNally, Haslett, Marv, possibly Sherman, and now Paclic, and you have yourself a handy dandy reunion of sorts.

BAM
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
There are also rumors of Haslett not being very popular in the locker room.

Key word though: Rumors.

RedEyE
01-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Also, Saints DE Charles Grant is a FA this season. Haslett may be able to convience him to sign with the Bills. Grant on one side of the field, Schobel on the other would prove outwardly freighting for opposing offenses. Talk about a hell of a pass rush.

L.A. Playa
01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
he could bring Joe Horn and Aaron Brooks and that gay little umbrella Benson used to dance around with too, in the end I dont think Haslett is the man here

Bmax
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
All i know is he out coached us in week 3 to give the saints their first win....

Maybe he will hire Pete Meetzalars as te coach ..his is cureently with the colts.....

Bmax

Bmax
All i know is he out coached us in week 3 to give the saints their first win....

Maybe he will hire Pete Meetzalars as te coach ..his is currently with the colts.....

Bmax

RedEyE
he could bring Joe Horn and Aaron Brooks and that gay little umbrella Benson used to dance around with too, in the end I dont think Haslett is the man here

hey, that umbrella will come in handy when you're looking for something to shove up your arse. :funny:

Bert102176
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't mind Haslett but am kinda hoping for Ted Cottrell

Bert102176
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
and Aaron Brooks is a joke at QB I would not want him here