PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that this might have to do with Brad Roll too?

Michael82
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Last week, the list of assistant coaches to be fired included Strength and Conditioning Coach, Brad Roll. Supposedly, he's a good friend of Mike Mularkey and Mularkey fired everyone but him. I read an article about how Ralph was very upset with Roll and pissed that Rusty Jones was let go. You could notice the different in conditioning on the team. :ill:

Maybe Ralph and Marv kept insisting on Brad Roll getting fired and Mike Mularkey told them that he was the only one he wouldn't fire, just like Ronnie Jones with Wade. So then he chose to resign instead of firing Roll.

What do you think? i'm not sure, I'm just speculating.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2006, 09:30 PM
:drool2: so MM kills everyone & then gets a heart?

Michael82
01-12-2006, 09:31 PM
:drool2: so MM kills everyone & then gets a heart?
Exactly. Maybe he was one coach that he would NOT let go. Or maybe he started feeling bad about cutting all his buddies. I know that Clements was upset about it.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Jeffrey Dahmer played with one for too long & got caught. Then they waxed jeff in the shower. Moral is once a killer always a killer, they all get their's in the end.

HHURRICANE
01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Out of the whole coaching staff, Clements and Rolle should have been the first to go. The fact that Rolle didn't get fired is frickin ridiculous!!

superbills
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Good thought Mikey. This is damage that is tough to undo in the short term.. Guys like Rusty Jones don't grow on trees and we definitely need to fix the conditioning problem that had our guys playing like pansies after the first quarter.

I'm not sure that was the straw that broke the camel's back, though. I don't know why Mularkey would throw everyone under the bus except Roll and then decide that saving Roll's job was worth Mularkey giving up his. Given that we are talking about Mularkey, though, I would not put it past him.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Good thought Mikey. This is damage that is tough to undo in the short term.. Guys like Rusty Jones don't grow on trees and we definitely need to fix the conditioning problem that had our guys playing like pansies after the first quarter.

I'm not sure that was the straw that broke the camel's back, though. I don't know why Mularkey would throw everyone under the bus except Roll and then decide that saving Roll's job was worth Mularkey giving up his. Given that we are talking about Mularkey, though, I would not put it past him.
Roll was the only coach that wasn't fired. He should have been the first one to go, IMO.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Out of the whole coaching staff, Clements and Rolle should have been the first to go. The fact that Rolle didn't get fired is frickin ridiculous!!
EXACTLY!

superbills
01-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Roll was the only coach that wasn't fired. He should have been the first one to go, IMO.

Oh, I know and I totally agree. What I was getting at though was that I can't understand why Mularkey was willing to let everyone go except Roll? I just doesn't seem to make sense that you would sell everyone else up the river and then save the last lemming in the end and sacrifice yourself. Like I said though, this is Mularkey we're talking about so I see the validity in the thought.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh, I know and I totally agree. What I was getting at though was that I can't understand why Mularkey was willing to let everyone go except Roll? I just doesn't seem to make sense that you would sell everyone else up the river and then save the last lemming in the end and sacrifice yourself. Like I said though, this is Mularkey we're talking about so I see the validity in the thought.
The only guys he released were basically all guys that were already here, except for Clements and Szabo. They weren't his guys. They were Gregg Williams'.

think of it... Jerry Gray, Tim Krumrie, Don Blackmon.

superbills
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
The only guys he released were basically all guys that were already here, except for Clements and Szabo. They weren't his guys. They were Gregg Williams'.
think of it... Jerry Gray, Tim Krumrie, Don Blackmon.

A good point. But, I thought he was good friends with Clements, too? Why not go to bat for all your boys? Unless I'm missing the point on what kind of "friendship" Roll and Mularkey had. :limp:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 11:03 PM
A good point. But, I thought he was good friends with Clements, too? Why not go to bat for all your boys? Unless I'm missing the point on what kind of "friendship" Roll and Mularkey had. :limp:
If he was "Friends" with Tom Clements, he wouldn't have taken the playcalling away. Apparently, Clements was very upset about that.

superbills
01-12-2006, 11:13 PM
If he was "Friends" with Tom Clements, he wouldn't have taken the playcalling away. Apparently, Clements was very upset about that.

Well, according to BBI, you're right...

http://www.billsinsider.com/

Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 10:26 PM

"...Coach Mularkey was upset at some of the assistants that he had to let go. But he accepted most of them and moved on. However, the straw that really broke the camel's back was Brad Roll, the strength and conditioning coach. Mularkey and him have been friends a long time and Mike didn't want to let him go. "

Michael82
01-12-2006, 11:23 PM

"...Coach Mularkey was upset at some of the assistants that he had to let go. But he accepted most of them and moved on. However, the straw that really broke the camel's back was Brad Roll, the strength and conditioning coach. Mularkey and him have been friends a long time and Mike didn't want to let him go. "
I knew it! I figured that made sense. Last week when the assistant coaches were fired, they took down Brad Roll's photo. Then they put it back up. Hmmm.....

Damn Mike Mularkey for getting rid of one of the best Strength and Conditioning coaches in the league and replacing him with Brad Roll. :mad:

This totally reminds me of the whole Ronnie Jones situation. :ill:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 11:27 PM

:scratch: Did you read the rest of that article? Scroll down....

As far as this thing with his kids….apparently, there was a substitute teacher in one of his kid’s classes right before Christmas break. When the teacher called out roll, he called the Mularkey boy’s name and followed it with (something along the lines of)…"as in son of the soon-to-be-fired Mike Mularkey."

http://www.billsinsider.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7759&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Michael82
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
So, in other words...that substitute teacher may have helped get rid of Mike Mularkey? :rofl:

It was a dumb thing to say, but maybe they didn't know that was Mularkey's kid. :doh:

L.A. Playa
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
:scratch: Did you read the rest of that article? Scroll down....

http://www.billsinsider.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7759&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

:lmao: grow a set of balls if that made ya leave and tell ya kid to grow a set too it was a joke by a SUBSITUTE teacher uf that made ya wanna resign you shouldnt be a NFL coach

Michael82
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
:lmao: grow a set of balls if that made ya leave and tell ya kid to grow a set too it was a joke by a SUBSITUTE teacher uf that made ya wanna resign you shouldnt be a NFL coach
:rofl: So true.

HHURRICANE
01-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah MM is the first coach in history to have his children affected by his job. Are you kidding me?! If you are in any profession that involves the public you and your family better be prepared. If he can't prepare his family for being a Head Coach how in the hell was he supposed to get a team ready for Sunday?!

This is the same coach who wouldn't tell the media who was starting because he couldn't handle the public scrutiny. What a loser. Buh-bye.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-13-2006, 09:57 AM
I was also thinking that Roll might have had something to do with it also, but was confused when Wilson and Levy didn't appear to make an issue out of MM not firing Roll. I hope Roll follows MM out the door ASAP!

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Do you suppose that there is anyway to bring Rusty back home?

Michael82
01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Do you suppose that there is anyway to bring Rusty back home?
If there is, I hope Ralph does everything he can. Maybe Marv will help? :idunno: