PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says that Mike Mularkey already left Buffalo

Michael82
01-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Damn, we won't even get to see him announce his resignation tomorrow. That sucks. This whole thing smells more like a firing than a resignation. Why the hell would Mularkey already have left the city of Buffalo? This is pretty weird.

Either way....
:bigwave: Coach Mularkey

RedEyE
01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Bills | More about Mularkey resignation
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:23:16 -0800
Updating previous reports, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli (http://www.kffl.com/link/17) reports former Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) head coach Mike Mularkey (http://www.kffl.com/player/7754/nfl) cited family concerns as the reason he resigned Thursday, Jan. 12. Sources close to Mularkey said Thursday night, Jan. 12, that he has already left Buffalo. Owner Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy were said to have been taken aback when Mularkey contacted them Wednesday, Jan. 11, and acknowledged he was mulling his resignation. Mularkey leaves the job with three years, at about $1 million annually, remaining on the five-year contract he signed in 2004. Sources said that, while family considerations played a large role in Mularkey's decision, his views on the future of the franchise were also a significant factor.

RedEyE
01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
He's a pussy.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
He's a pussy.
Yeah he is! :ill:

Nublar7
01-12-2006, 10:01 PM
ESPN says that Mike Mularkey already left BuffaloCan you really blame him?

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Can you really blame him?
What's your point? :mad:

Thurmal
01-12-2006, 10:52 PM
What's the point of a press conference, then?

I wouldn't be shocked if Levy announced that he himself was the new coach. Seriously.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
What's the point of a press conference, then?

I wouldn't be shocked if Levy announced that he himself was the new coach. Seriously.
Oh God. I liked Marv, but that would make me sick. It would definitely be more proof of Ralph trying to do it cheap again. :ill:

Marv Levy was a damn good coach, but he's 80 years old and has been out of the NFL for a long time. He wouldn't be able to handle those 18-hour work days either, IMO.

PUCKER
01-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Dont let the door hit his butt on the way out.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 03:24 AM
I'd let it. :snicker:

AndreReed83
01-13-2006, 03:57 AM
MM is just a man making up excuses for a mess that he was a big part in creating. Go ahead Mike, keep making it look like the city of Buffalo is the bad guy and you are a victim.

You made stupid coaching choices. Alienated players. Tried to take Moulds money away for standing up to you. Played musical QB chairs to save you butt. Threw your fellow coaches under the bus. And now you are trying to throw Ralph Wilson, Marv Levy, and the ENTIRE CITY OF BUFFALO under the bus.

Never once did I hear him even utter the words, "I messed up." or, "I was wrong." or even, "I made a mistake." Never once did you take up the responsibility of being a head coach at the highest level.

I don't dislike Mularkey because of his 14-18 record or even because of his playcalling (although both certainly don't help my dislike of him). No, I dislike him because of the man's character. Of which, there is none.

Fans from other teams or in the dark ESPN viewers can slam on Buffalo all they want (and it is ridiculous to slam a city because of a sports team). Only the true Bills fans and the various people who actually follow the NFL know who the "big bad wolf" is.

I believe that what Bills fans truly want for a head coach is a man with INTEGRITY. Whether it's Gregg Williams blaming Travis Henry for an interception on a half back pass that should have never been selected or Mike Mularkey trying to please a GM instead of doing what is best for the team, both were wanted out because of a lack of integrity.

Here are three definitions for integrity:

1: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values :
INCORRUPTIBILITY
2: an unimpaired condition: SOUNDNESS
3: the quality or state of being complete or undivided: COMPLETENESS

Yes, Mike Mularkey, that strange, foreign I word is "Integrity." You can try to make this city look as bad as you want. At the end of the day, you have no integrity and that makes YOU the LOSER. Have a nice life.

TypicalBill
01-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Its a sad day in Buffalo :(

NOT!!! :scooter:

The_Philster
01-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Great post, Andre :bf1:

Historian
01-13-2006, 04:40 AM
He's a pussy.

Really.

Even Greg Williams wasn't this big of a candyass.

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 09:16 AM
I just can't respect a guy that can't even resign professionally. He should have addressed the media like a real coach would have. Instead he tells Marv and Ralph that he's "mulling" over resigning, and then he just high tails it out of Buffalo, calling them on the road.

That's an act of cowardness, and his actions are the epidemy of his coaching career in Buffalo.

I don't like the "I'm going to take my ball and go home attitude". Is it any wonder why we had so many issues on the field this season? He lost this team the begining of this season, and was too lost himself to even realize it.

The good news is that this is a large wrinkle in his career, and it's going to have to take a pretty desperate team to take a chance on Mularkey again. He might get an OC job, but his days at HC are numbered for a while.

JJamezz
01-13-2006, 09:35 AM

I'd hit it. :snicker:

:idunno:

madness
01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Does his whole family have to drop dead from the chicken flu before any you guys give him any remorse?

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
:idunno:

:rofl:

RedEyE
01-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Does his whole family have to drop dead from the chicken flu before any you guys give him any remorse?

What?

There was an obvious more professional way of handeling things. The guy is a louse.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't care about the semantics. MM doesn't owe us anything.

I'm just glad he's gone.

Mitchy moo
01-13-2006, 09:45 AM
gone & soon forgotten.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 12:19 PM
MM is just a man making up excuses for a mess that he was a big part in creating. Go ahead Mike, keep making it look like the city of Buffalo is the bad guy and you are a victim.

You made stupid coaching choices. Alienated players. Tried to take Moulds money away for standing up to you. Played musical QB chairs to save you butt. Threw your fellow coaches under the bus. And now you are trying to throw Ralph Wilson, Marv Levy, and the ENTIRE CITY OF BUFFALO under the bus.

Never once did I hear him even utter the words, "I messed up." or, "I was wrong." or even, "I made a mistake." Never once did you take up the responsibility of being a head coach at the highest level.

I don't dislike Mularkey because of his 14-18 record or even because of his playcalling (although both certainly don't help my dislike of him). No, I dislike him because of the man's character. Of which, there is none.

Fans from other teams or in the dark ESPN viewers can slam on Buffalo all they want (and it is ridiculous to slam a city because of a sports team). Only the true Bills fans and the various people who actually follow the NFL know who the "big bad wolf" is.

I believe that what Bills fans truly want for a head coach is a man with INTEGRITY. Whether it's Gregg Williams blaming Travis Henry for an interception on a half back pass that should have never been selected or Mike Mularkey trying to please a GM instead of doing what is best for the team, both were wanted out because of a lack of integrity.

Here are three definitions for integrity:

1: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values :
INCORRUPTIBILITY
2: an unimpaired condition: SOUNDNESS
3: the quality or state of being complete or undivided: COMPLETENESS

Yes, Mike Mularkey, that strange, foreign I word is "Integrity." You can try to make this city look as bad as you want. At the end of the day, you have no integrity and that makes YOU the LOSER. Have a nice life.
Excellent Post, man! :bf1:

I have tears. :(

Demon
01-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you so much Mike Mularkey for quitting!!! For a minute there, i got really worried and thought i'd have to see you're idiotic face every sunday again.

Now the team can move into the future.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Thank you so much Mike Mularkey for quitting!!! For a minute there, i got really worried and thought i'd have to see you're idiotic face every sunday again.

Now the team can move into the future.
:rofl: Tell us how you really feel.