PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else worried at this point?

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I know that having MM gone is a good thing.. because he was not a good coach.. but the timing of it, and the way it went down really leaves a bad taste.. it is almost like he is telling the league "hey, buffalo is F'ed up and they are going down.. no coach can do well there"...

there is already one major questionable move made by hiring Levy to come in as our new GM.. the whole league knows that this guy doesnt have a lick of experience and is old as dirt. I am not saying that his hiring is a bad thing, but i am saying from the outside looking in for every coach and player, people have got to be like "what the F is going on up there??".

i am a little concerned right now... i hope this all works out for the best.. but if ralph takes another cheap out, i am going to be frustrated.. i guarentee that levy was hired because Wilson didnt have to pay him ****.. levy is probably making 9$ and hour + benefits..

the next few weeks are going to be huge for this team.. FA is not that far away.. the team needs to have a plan in place.. they need to retain the few good coaches we still have on staff.. like Mcnally, wiess, and april.. then we need to bring in some quality ast. coaches.. not more experiments like sheppard and clements..

just wondering if i am the only one who is concerned.. i never thought i would feel anything but joy when MM hit the road.. but i guess i had already convinced myself that we were sticking with him.. what a ugly situtaion.

kinigirly
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
i think the league and all the fans have been very aware that buffalo is screwed up. i don't think any of this is a shock to them. they're just sitting around laughing it up as usual saying...that's good old buffalo for ya, screwing around not getting anywhere

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm not worried. I'm excited. IMO, the Bills were trying to push him out without firing him. It worked! He resigned and now Ralph doesn't have to pony up the over $3 million left on his contract.

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:08 PM
i disagree mikey.. and all reports that everyone else has been reading pretty much say levy and wilson begged for him to stay.. they actually tried to convince a guy who wanted to quit to stay here.. like his heart would have been in it? but that was ok with them..

we essentially have two guys that are a combined 300 years old running the team.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:09 PM
i disagree mikey.. and all reports that everyone else has been reading pretty much say levy and wilson begged for him to stay.. they actually tried to convince a guy who wanted to quit to stay here.. like his heart would have been in it? but that was ok with them..

we essentially have two guys that are a combined 300 years old running the team.
That's just to make him look good. I don't believe it one bit.

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
just to make who look good??

no one looks good here.. MM looks like a pussy quitter.. and the two old guys look like they were begging for a ****ty coach to stay.

LtBillsFan66
01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I would be more worried with MM at the helm for any longer.

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:19 PM
i hear you.. i know him going is a good thing.. i guess i am just worried about the future of the bills.. who is running the show.. we have essentially no GM and now no coach..

this next decision is going to be huge.. the "golden boys" can really save the day or screw the pooch with this next HC decision.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I would be more worried with MM at the helm for any longer.
EXACTLY! With some people, we will never win. They ***** when he's not fired and ***** when he resigns. WTF. http://www.hlccl.com/forums/images/smilies/new/wall.gif

Mr. Cynical
01-12-2006, 10:24 PM
We really don't know for sure that Wilson and Levy really asked him to stay. I don't remember seeing any direct quotes from either of them saying that. It has been all conjecture. (not saying it isn't possible...just saying I haven't seen any written proof)

My feeling is that they probably told him "here's the deal" and then MM figured it wasn't in his best interest to stick around. I think RW is smarter sometimes than we all think....at least on occasion anyway. He probably created a scenario where MM would rather leave than stay so that RW wouldn't have to fire him and eat the contract.

I hear you about perception though....but I will go out on a limb and say Levy has alot more respect around the league than Dickahoe. TD got booted from Pitt and Pitt flourished. Then TD got booted from Buffalo after 5 years of s**t.

I dunno....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow but right now I am so ***** happy those ass clowns are gone I might not be thinking clearly. :cloud9:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
We really don't know for sure that Wilson and Levy really asked him to stay. I don't remember seeing any direct quotes from either of them saying that. It has been all conjecture. (not saying it isn't possible...just saying I haven't seen any written proof)

My feeling is that they probably told him "here's the deal" and then MM figured it wasn't in his best interest to stick around. I think RW is smarter sometimes than we all think....at least on occasion anyway. He probably created a scenario where MM would rather leave than stay so that RW wouldn't have to fire him and eat the contract.

I hear you about perception though....but I will go out on a limb and say Levy has alot more respect around the league than Dickahoe. TD got booted from Pitt and Pitt flourished. Then TD got booted from Buffalo after 5 years of s**t.

I dunno....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow but right now I am so ***** happy those ass clowns are gone I might not be thinking clearly. :cloud9:
I feel the same way. :cloud9:

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:28 PM
EXACTLY! With some people, we will never win. They ***** when he's not fired and ***** when he resigns. WTF. http://www.hlccl.com/forums/images/smilies/new/wall.gif

mikey.. dont be a jerk.. i am not saying this was the wrong move.. i am simply stating that i am concerned and the next few days are going to be very very big for this organization.. i hope the perception that is out there is not going to hinder us from getting a top guy.. and i hope ralph doesnt take the cheap way out and grab a guy like haslett who no one really seems to like.

superbills
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM

The thing about Levy coming in here, too, is that I don't think he would have taken the job if he had any feeling at all that he would fail. Levy is a guy who's got a lot of common sense and has been around long enough to have at least some idea of what he's getting himself in to. We look at Ralph and Marve like they're Statler and Waldorf but you don't become a sucessful business man like Ralph or a Hall of Fame Coach like Marve without having something going on upstairs. I'm willing to give the Golden Boys the benefit of the doubt for now. Unless they hire Martz, then all bets are off...

G. Host
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I know that having MM gone is a good thing.. because he was not a good coach.. but the timing of it, and the way it went down really leaves a bad taste.. it is almost like he is telling the league "hey, buffalo is F'ed up and they are going down.. no coach can do well there"...
there is already one major questionable move made by hiring Levy to come in as our new GM.. the whole league knows that this guy doesnt have a lick of experience and is old as dirt. I am not saying that his hiring is a bad thing, but i am saying from the outside looking in for every coach and player, people have got to be like "what the F is going on up there??".
I think is a symptom of how bad it has got in Buffalo and why Levy was needed in Buffalo. It is not he is the BEST GM just the BEST GM for Buffalo at the time.
Fans and media have become rabid and dilusional, players are dissatisified, NFL extension agreement has not been passed and may not be passed really hurting small team Buffalo, agents and players are getting more and more absurd, Bills scouting department needs major upgrades, college coaching salaries have skyrocketed, WNY not just Buffalo is having fiscal problems, Buffalo market is still shrinking and BillsZone is having server problems.
Levy was brought in because hope is needed.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
mikey.. dont be a jerk.. i am not saying this was the wrong move.. i am simply stating that i am concerned and the next few days are going to be very very big for this organization.. i hope the perception that is out there is not going to hinder us from getting a top guy.. and i hope ralph doesnt take the cheap way out and grab a guy like haslett who no one really seems to like.
I'm not just talking about you. I've noticed it on all the boards today. The same people that were *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him resigning. It's actually kind of funny. :ontome:

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:37 PM
The thing about Levy coming in here, too, is that I don't think he would have taken the job if he had any feeling at all that he would fail. Levy is a guy who's got a lot of common sense and has been around long enough to have at least some idea of what he's getting himself in to. We look at Ralph and Marve like they're Statler and Waldorf but you don't become a sucessful business man like Ralph or a Hall of Fame Coach like Marve without having something going on upstairs. I'm willing to give the Golden Boys the benefit of the doubt for now. Unless they hire Martz, then all bets are off...
Excellent post. I feel the same way about Marv. :posrep:

Crisis
01-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Right now the only thing I'm worried about is the Patriots appearing in the next 2 superbowls and doing you-know-what...

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
i am not against levy being here.. i am just concerned about what that perception may be about him running the ship.. hopefully he does get more respect than TD.. and hopefully he does have a game plan other than hiring Haslett.

believe me.. part of me is very happy to see levy's face again.. he was the last face of success that this team has seen..

i guess i am just nervous.

if we actually show some sack and grab a guy like saunders or the like then i will be highly surprised and excited.

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not just talking about you. I've noticed it on all the boards today. The same people that were *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him resigning. It's actually kind of funny. :ontome:

can you show me one quote where anyone on this board is saying they are upset he is gone?

jmb1099
01-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I understand the point about being worried, but anytime a major management shift happens it is an unsettling thing. I agree with Tatonka that if we try to do this on the cheap we will have more of the same. Still I feel better being rid of both TD and MM. We got rid of the trash, might as well clean the can while we're at it. I also agree with Mikey about MM being pressured into leaving, I've seen it more than enough times to know. The reason they did it this way is money which of course is the great motivator.

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:44 PM
can you show me one quote where anyone on this board is saying they are upset he is gone?
I didn't say the word upset. :::

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:46 PM
I understand the point about being worried, but anytime a major management shift happens it is an unsettling thing. I agree with Tatonka that if we try to do this on the cheap we will have more of the same. Still I feel better being rid of both TD and MM. We got rid of the trash, might as well clean the can while we're at it. I also agree with Mikey about MM being pressured into leaving, I've seen it more than enough times to know. The reason they did it this way is money which of course is the great motivator.
EXACTLY! This was all about money. All the local news guys are saying that this was bound to happen. Mularkey couldn't find any Coordinators that wanted to come here because they knew he was a lame duck. Ralph didn't want to eat the contract, but he needed to get rid of Mularkey. He may have tried to convince him to stay, just to make it look like he wasn't fired. Either way, this is great news!

Michael82
01-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Right now the only thing I'm worried about is the Patriots appearing in the next 2 superbowls and doing you-know-what...
Don't say it. Please don't. :wail:
I know they are going to do it again. :scared:

And your 2006 Super Bowl Champions are...

The New England Patriots. :ill:

:puke:

Tatonka
01-12-2006, 10:49 PM
just hire a good coach and lets get some FAs in here and i will feel much better.

another thing that i like about saunders is he obviously knows how important an OL is.. he has had the best in the business for years now in KC.

and levy does too.. the OL he had back in the day was sick.

Philagape
01-13-2006, 12:38 AM

I know, can't we just party for a day??

:bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap: :bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap: :bf1: :jig: :xtreme: :jam: :dance: :clap: :air: :rockout: :dance2: :punk: :horn: :party: :hiclap:

Historian
01-13-2006, 04:58 AM
It does look like the keystone Kops down there Tatonka, I'll grant you that.

But just remember, the Bucs didn't hire Gruden until the beginning of March, and then proceeded to win the SB 10 months later.

I think choosing the right person is more important than the timing.

Turf
01-13-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm elated TD and MM are gone.
But I think what this shows is that Ralph is too old to trust himself, so he hires his best friend and confidant to run his toy. Is Marv the best choice? NO. Good choice? Maybe. But Ralph is incapable of bringing in and evaluating another regime. That's the most troubling thing to me.
Also Marv might have been a bit selfish in this regard. He could have referred Ralph over to some well known candidates that would have given Buffalo some credibility, but Marv got excited and chose himself.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2006, 06:07 AM
That's a good thing, T. In most cultures, age - and the wisdom and knowledge it brings - are revered. It's only here that everything is geared to the 18-35, backward-wearing cap generation.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Marv as HC for a couple of years, with a talented DC or OC on his staff who could then move up to HC.

Then again, this is the opinion of someone who is just slightly younger than dirt. . .

jmb1099
01-13-2006, 06:16 AM
That's a good thing, T. In most cultures, age - and the wisdom and knowledge it brings - are revered. It's only here that everything is geared to the 18-35, backward-wearing cap generation.
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Marv as HC for a couple of years, with a talented DC or OC on his staff who could then move up to HC.
Then again, this is the opinion of someone who is just slightly younger than dirt. . .
There is wisdom that only age can bring and I think we have made a decent choice with Marv for many reasons. My only concern, and it is mild at this point, is that the front office end of the game has changed quite a bit. That being said I believe that Marv of all people can make it work. But even if not, we are still in a better place than we were even 2 days ago as long as Ralph is willing to pony up the money...with his age being a factor he has no reason not to at this point.