X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Is anyone else worried at this point?

I know that having MM gone is a good thing.. because he was not a good coach.. but the timing of it, and the way it went down really leaves a bad taste.. it is almost like he is telling the league "hey, buffalo is F'ed up and they are going down.. no coach can do well there"...

there is already one major questionable move made by hiring Levy to come in as our new GM.. the whole league knows that this guy doesnt have a lick of experience and is old as dirt. I am not saying that his hiring is a bad thing, but i am saying from the outside looking in for every coach and player, people have got to be like "what the F is going on up there??".

i am a little concerned right now... i hope this all works out for the best.. but if ralph takes another cheap out, i am going to be frustrated.. i guarentee that levy was hired because Wilson didnt have to pay him ****.. levy is probably making 9$ and hour + benefits..

the next few weeks are going to be huge for this team.. FA is not that far away.. the team needs to have a plan in place.. they need to retain the few good coaches we still have on staff.. like Mcnally, wiess, and april.. then we need to bring in some quality ast. coaches.. not more experiments like sheppard and clements..

just wondering if i am the only one who is concerned.. i never thought i would feel anything but joy when MM hit the road.. but i guess i had already convinced myself that we were sticking with him.. what a ugly situtaion.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • kinigirly
    • Sep 2005

Re: Is anyone else worried at this point?

i think the league and all the fans have been very aware that buffalo is screwed up. i don't think any of this is a shock to them. they're just sitting around laughing it up as usual saying...that's good old buffalo for ya, screwing around not getting anywhere

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I'm not worried. I'm excited. IMO, the Bills were trying to push him out without firing him. It worked! He resigned and now Ralph doesn't have to pony up the over $3 million left on his contract.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i disagree mikey.. and all reports that everyone else has been reading pretty much say levy and wilson begged for him to stay.. they actually tried to convince a guy who wanted to quit to stay here.. like his heart would have been in it? but that was ok with them..

we essentially have two guys that are a combined 300 years old running the team.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i disagree mikey.. and all reports that everyone else has been reading pretty much say levy and wilson begged for him to stay.. they actually tried to convince a guy who wanted to quit to stay here.. like his heart would have been in it? but that was ok with them..

we essentially have two guys that are a combined 300 years old running the team.
          That's just to make him look good. I don't believe it one bit.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

just to make who look good??

no one looks good here.. MM looks like a pussy quitter.. and the two old guys look like they were begging for a ****ty coach to stay.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I would be more worried with MM at the helm for any longer.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i hear you.. i know him going is a good thing.. i guess i am just worried about the future of the bills.. who is running the show.. we have essentially no GM and now no coach..

this next decision is going to be huge.. the "golden boys" can really save the day or screw the pooch with this next HC decision.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  I would be more worried with MM at the helm for any longer.
                  EXACTLY! With some people, we will never win. They ***** when he's not fired and ***** when he resigns. WTF.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

We really don't know for sure that Wilson and Levy really asked him to stay. I don't remember seeing any direct quotes from either of them saying that. It has been all conjecture. (not saying it isn't possible...just saying I haven't seen any written proof)

My feeling is that they probably told him "here's the deal" and then MM figured it wasn't in his best interest to stick around. I think RW is smarter sometimes than we all think....at least on occasion anyway. He probably created a scenario where MM would rather leave than stay so that RW wouldn't have to fire him and eat the contract.

I hear you about perception though....but I will go out on a limb and say Levy has alot more respect around the league than Dickahoe. TD got booted from Pitt and Pitt flourished. Then TD got booted from Buffalo after 5 years of s**t.

I dunno....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow but right now I am so ***** happy those ass clowns are gone I might not be thinking clearly.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      We really don't know for sure that Wilson and Levy really asked him to stay. I don't remember seeing any direct quotes from either of them saying that. It has been all conjecture. (not saying it isn't possible...just saying I haven't seen any written proof)

My feeling is that they probably told him "here's the deal" and then MM figured it wasn't in his best interest to stick around. I think RW is smarter sometimes than we all think....at least on occasion anyway. He probably created a scenario where MM would rather leave than stay so that RW wouldn't have to fire him and eat the contract.

I hear you about perception though....but I will go out on a limb and say Levy has alot more respect around the league than Dickahoe. TD got booted from Pitt and Pitt flourished. Then TD got booted from Buffalo after 5 years of s**t.

I dunno....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow but right now I am so ***** happy those ass clowns are gone I might not be thinking clearly.
                      I feel the same way.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        EXACTLY! With some people, we will never win. They ***** when he's not fired and ***** when he resigns. WTF.
                        mikey.. dont be a jerk.. i am not saying this was the wrong move.. i am simply stating that i am concerned and the next few days are going to be very very big for this organization.. i hope the perception that is out there is not going to hinder us from getting a top guy.. and i hope ralph doesnt take the cheap way out and grab a guy like haslett who no one really seems to like.

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

The thing about Levy coming in here, too, is that I don't think he would have taken the job if he had any feeling at all that he would fail. Levy is a guy who's got a lot of common sense and has been around long enough to have at least some idea of what he's getting himself in to. We look at Ralph and Marve like they're Statler and Waldorf but you don't become a sucessful business man like Ralph or a Hall of Fame Coach like Marve without having something going on upstairs. I'm willing to give the Golden Boys the benefit of the doubt for now. Unless they hire Martz, then all bets are off...
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

I know that having MM gone is a good thing.. because he was not a good coach.. but the timing of it, and the way it went down really leaves a bad taste.. it is almost like he is telling the league "hey, buffalo is F'ed up and they are going down.. no coach can do well there"...
                            there is already one major questionable move made by hiring Levy to come in as our new GM.. the whole league knows that this guy doesnt have a lick of experience and is old as dirt. I am not saying that his hiring is a bad thing, but i am saying from the outside looking in for every coach and player, people have got to be like "what the F is going on up there??".
                            I think is a symptom of how bad it has got in Buffalo and why Levy was needed in Buffalo. It is not he is the BEST GM just the BEST GM for Buffalo at the time.
                            Fans and media have become rabid and dilusional, players are dissatisified, NFL extension agreement has not been passed and may not be passed really hurting small team Buffalo, agents and players are getting more and more absurd, Bills scouting department needs major upgrades, college coaching salaries have skyrocketed, WNY not just Buffalo is having fiscal problems, Buffalo market is still shrinking and BillsZone is having server problems.
                            Levy was brought in because hope is needed.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

mikey.. dont be a jerk.. i am not saying this was the wrong move.. i am simply stating that i am concerned and the next few days are going to be very very big for this organization.. i hope the perception that is out there is not going to hinder us from getting a top guy.. and i hope ralph doesnt take the cheap way out and grab a guy like haslett who no one really seems to like.
                              I'm not just talking about you. I've noticed it on all the boards today. The same people that were *****ing about Mularkey staying are now *****ing about him resigning. It's actually kind of funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X