• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Impressive resume

This is the official Kansas City Chiefs Facebook fan page. For more information go to http://www.chiefs.com.

Charlie Joyner, Kellen Winslow, Lynn Swann? Torry Holt and Issac Bruce? Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes? The list goes on. This man has coached these players and helped them become phenomenal football players. Anywhere he's gone, he's done something positive for that team. I'm usually not a big fan of hiring coordinators to become head coaches after the team's previous failures with Mulakey and Williams, but unlike them, this man has had prior nfl head coaching experience. Now that Mularkey is gone, he should be on Levy's speed dial to get him in for an interview. He's already interviewed with Al Davis. The raiders are working slow to find their next head coach so Levy has to act fast and get Saunders in for an interview before it's too late. You can't overlook this man's credentials in bringing life to an offense, which buffalo is severely lacking. If i'm not mistaken, JP Losman was part of a high powered offense back at tulane where all his success came from? They should let the kid play his game in the type of offense is comfortable playing in. I don't feel a smashmouth offensive philosophy is going to help Losman in the long run. It's just holding his talent back.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Impressive resume

i agree.. i would be excited if he was our new HC
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

He's my first choice as well!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Al Saunders or Rivera would make me happy.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Of course, if we could somehow pry Kirk Ferentz from Iowa I would be extremely pleased...

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Hmmm, after reading more about him, he's definitely moving up on my list. Very impressive.

Get Al Saunders in here, Marv.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

the more i look at this guys resume the crazier it seems that this guy wasnt already offered a job as a HC.. four years as an OC and his offenses have just completely dominated..

and KC decided to go with edwards, who has been solid, but not spectacular by any means, and even gave up a draft pick for him.. instead of promoting from within.. i just dont get it.

why has this guy not been at the top of peoples lists for the last couple years.. and why has he not been offered a job by now??

are the raiders the only team that has interviewed with him?

does anyone know what kind of coach he is? is he a vermiel, cry all the time, type guy.. a players coach.. a coughlin hard ass type or what?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                the more i look at this guys resume the crazier it seems that this guy wasnt already offered a job as a HC.. four years as an OC and his offenses have just completely dominated..

and KC decided to go with edwards, who has been solid, but not spectacular by any means, and even gave up a draft pick for him.. instead of promoting from within.. i just dont get it.

why has this guy not been at the top of peoples lists for the last couple years.. and why has he not been offered a job by now??

are the raiders the only team that has interviewed with him?

does anyone know what kind of coach he is? is he a vermiel, cry all the time, type guy.. a players coach.. a coughlin hard ass type or what?
                I think it might be because of his age. He's 59. Even though the NFL won't admit it, there is definitely some age discrimination going on there. There has been some damn good older coaches that never get a chance.... Al Saunders, Ted Cottrell, Tom Moore (OC of the Colts), Jim Johnson (DC of the Eagles)

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

How old is Monte Kiffin?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

I don't mind either.
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                      How old is Monte Kiffin?
                      64 or 65. He's another one that gets bypassed because of his age. and he's a damn good DC too.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

for some reason i don't think age is going to factor into marv's thinking

saunders is a marv type of guy.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          for some reason i don't think age is going to factor into marv's thinking

saunders is a marv type of guy.
                          That would be AWESOME! I really like what I've read about Saunders and the fact that Dick Vermeil recommended him too. That's good.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

Well saunders is a name Peter King mentioned months ago as a guy who deserved a second chance at being a head coach...I would be ok with it ..I just think Jim Haslett will be the choice if he doesn't ask for too much money....He made over 3 mill last season as saints head coach..

Ralph really likes haz...We will see what happens.....

Bmax

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

ingtar.. do you know anything about saunders coaching style?

i heard that saunders is not happy that he didnt even get a chance to take over for vermiel.

Comment

Working...
                              X