PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey's agent on the radio this morning

billsburgh
01-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Former steeler linemen Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley have a radio show here in pittsburgh and they had Mularkey's agent on discussing why he left. I didnt hear the entire interview but what I took from it basically what Leo Roth wrote in the DandC article. Mainly the orginazational structure and Ralph's meddling. He had concerns about the top 3 people in the team not living in Buffalo and being there to help him deal with day to day issues. Other comments from his agent included questioning why they are interviewing people for defensive coordinator whey Jerry Grey hasn't even been let go yet. Also he said that yesterday a ranking front office employee admitted that they made a mistake in the way Gregg Williams departure was handled. When Williams left, many of his defensive assistants wanted to go with him but Ralph wouldnt let them go and made Mularkey keep them on his staff when he didn't really want to. That's about all I can remember.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
I heard the same interview. Tunch and Wolf and Mike Brown threw Ralph under the bus. First off, if Mularkey didn't like the Bills job he should of never taken it. He went 9-7 with the staff in 2004 , what is the reason for the drop off. They failed to mention that Mularkey did not get along w/ Moulds, Adams, or Bledsoe during the 2 years.

Mularkey's agent sounded like an ass.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 09:17 AM
I heard the same interview. Tunch and Wolf and Mike Brown threw Ralph under the bus. First off, if Mularkey didn't like the Bills job he should of never taken it. He went 9-7 with the staff in 2004 , what is the reason for the drop off. They failed to mention that Mularkey did not get along w/ Moulds, Adams, or Bledsoe during the 2 years.

Mularkey's agent sounded like an ass.

Jesus christ folks, you act as if Ralph is a damn saint. HE ISN'T! What did MM's agent say that was wrong or not true? They kept the old coaches and wouldn't let him hire his own/Fire the ones on staff. And Marv, Ralph and Modrak are all GONE most of the time.

You guys need to Wake the hell up. This has very serious makings of being a desaster.

madness
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
The owner is always a saint, just like the owner of the company I work for. Money brings out the best in people. :rolleyes:

madness
01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow, Ralph is starting to sound like even more of a cheapskate then I was led to believe. I think we just became the new Cleveland Browns. :shakeno:

billsburgh
01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Jesus christ folks, you act as if Ralph is a damn saint. HE ISN'T! What did MM's agent say that was wrong or not true? They kept the old coaches and wouldn't let him hire his own/Fire the ones on staff. And Marv, Ralph and Modrak are all GONE most of the time.

You guys need to Wake the hell up. This has very serious makings of being a desaster.
I'm starting to think you're right ICE. As a kid growing up, I remember my dad saying that Ralph was cheap and would'nt pay coaches or players but that seemed to change after they started winning. All of a sudden Ralph became a saint. This team will be average or below average until there is some real leadership and direction at the top.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I will agree that Ralph tends to be cheap, but Donahoe is the one that screwed everything up. It is bull that Mularkey did not have his staff that he wanted. Who are we talking about, Gray. Gray had our D at the top of the league in 04. Mularkey couldn't get the team to play for him and that is the bottom line.

If you heard the interview , it was all based on the fact that MM could not win or succeed because he did not have his staff. Bottom line Mularkey sucked this year and Tom D killed this team. The agent did not mention anything about MMs play calling or Clements coaching job. Thank god MM is gone.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I will agree that Ralph tends to be cheap, but Donahoe is the one that screwed everything up. It is bull that Mularkey did not have his staff that he wanted. Who are we talking about, Gray. Gray had our D at the top of the league in 04. Mularkey couldn't get the team to play for him and that is the bottom line.

If you heard the interview , it was all based on the fact that MM could not win or succeed because he did not have his staff. Bottom line Mularkey sucked this year and Tom D killed this team. The agent did not mention anything about MMs play calling or Clements coaching job. Thank god MM is gone.

Wow, hit the nail on the head here. :goodpost:

Jan Reimers
01-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Typical Mularkey. He won't take responsibility for his failures, but instead blames everyone else. Weren't his good buddies Brad Roll and Tom Clements as responsible as anyone for our demise? Who hired them?

Mularkey is a weak and indecisive pea brain who slunk out of town like the coward that he is. Now he and his agent are firing shots from Pittsburgh?

I'm really glad the mealy mouthed idiot is gone.

Novacane
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
sounds like a bunch of excuses from a quitter to me

gr8slayer
01-14-2006, 11:47 AM
The owner is always a saint, just like the owner of the company I work for. Money brings out the best in people. :rolleyes:
:goodpost:

Historian
01-14-2006, 11:58 AM
sounds like a bunch of excuses from a quitter to me

Typical Mularkey. He won't take responsibility for his failures, but instead blames everyone else. Weren't his good buddies Brad Roll and Tom Clements as responsible as anyone for our demise? Who hired them?
Mularkey is a weak and indecisive pea brain who slunk out of town like the coward that he is. Now he and his agent are firing shots from Pittsburgh?
I'm really glad the mealy mouthed idiot is gone.

I can't add anything more to that.

Well put, guys.

:bf1:

billsburgh
01-14-2006, 01:18 PM

I don't disagree with anything you said concerning Donahoe and Mularkey. I'm glad to see him gone as well as Donahoe. I just feel that the leadership at the top is questionable.

Jeff1220
01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I was young at the time, so I'm not sure, but for some reason Mularkey reminds me of Kay Stevenson.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I for one am glad moolarky is gone, but marv better get a nutcracking hard ass in here to get the ship on track!

Spiderweb
01-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I for one am glad moolarky is gone, but marv better get a nutcracking hard ass in here to get the ship on track!

Hank Bullough?

DaBills
01-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't know about MM not having what he needed. Geez. You're a first-time head coach in the NFL. Freakin' grab that opportunity and make the most of it, no matter who they stick you with.

And if it don't work out? Blame 'family' toubles? Yikes. Then pay me a mill or so a year for five years and kids can tell my kids I suck all they want.

feelthepain
01-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Sure sounds like a lot more problems then the Bill fans know!! Why doesn't anyone in charge live in Buffalo?? Wow, thats sad!!

Historian
01-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Why doesn't anyone in charge live in Buffalo??

Because they're not worthy.

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2006, 04:10 PM
I was under the impression that Marv and Modrak will have to be around in town a LOT. That was one of the things that Wilson said about Modrak in his first press conference (or was it the third).

If Mularkey was a big boy, he wouldn't need big daddy Donahoe to coddle him and help him through any problems. If he was a coach, he would have been all over the players from the beginning and not letting them get away with anything (like having him change his mind and starting Holcomb early in the season). He was a wuss, the players knew it and did what they wanted. The fact that Ralph had to come into Buffalo for the Moulds issue is more of an indication of how weak Mularkey was than how big a mouth Moulds was. I wouldn't doubt that Mularkey asked Ralph about it because he was too much of a wimp to just suspend him himself. Plus, knowing that the NFLPA would have probably had a hearing on it and knew there wasn't much merit in it, Ralph shortened the suspension for one game (to show support for his coach and to show his player that he had to be punished but not too badly).

As to the Ralph is cheap angle, I don't see it anymore. Sure he might have been a bit during the Simpson years, but the game changed and he was making plenty of money. He made Jim Kelly the highest paid player and then he made Bruce Smith the highest paid defensive player. He gave out huge bonuses to Rob Johnson, then to Doug Flutie when he really didn't have to, and then to Eric Moulds and Takeo Spikes. He has doled out plenty of money. During his news conference, he said that he had no idea how much the assistant coaches made because he doesn't deal with that. Just because he isn't Snider and foolishly throwing his money away doesn't mean that he is cheap.

I am glad the Mularkey is gone. I think with both him and TD gone this team can move forward. Lastly, just because MM is gone, don't expect a hard ass to replace him. Remember, the guy who is now in charge used to run training camps known as "Club Marv".

Historian
01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
He was a wuss, the players knew it and did what they wanted.

For tha reason alone, he would fit in well with the fish.

Ebenezer
01-14-2006, 04:23 PM
this is just more of Ralph's meddling...why do people think he is such a great owner?

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2006, 04:32 PM
this is just more of Ralph's meddling...why do people think he is such a great owner?

It's his team, he's allowed to know what is going on with it.

He is a great owner because he helped save the AFL from collapse when he aided the Oakland Raiders by giving them money to stay afloat. He is the first owner to say that NFL teams should stay in the cities that they are in instead of moving all over the place. He paid the money to bring Jim Kelly into town which eventually brought the team unprecidented press coverage to this area for a while.

Novacane
01-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Did I miss something? When did Marv say he was not gonna live in Buffalo?

Historian
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Did I miss something? When did Marv say he was not gonna live in Buffalo?

You didn't...it's just a fish being a fish.

He was on 97Rock live on Thursday morning talking about how he hasn't been around because he was packing all week with Fran, in order to move back.

Michael82
01-14-2006, 07:04 PM
You didn't...it's just a fish being a fish.

He was on 97Rock live on Thursday morning talking about how he hasn't been around because he was packing all week with Fran, in order to move back.
That makes me soo excited. Marv is coming back to Western NY for good. :cloud9:

Historian
01-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Who TF would name their kid Tunch to begin with?

Talk about cruel.

It's almost as bad as Knute.

:D

Turf
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Mularkey is a useless liar. He lied everytime he opened his mouth. I'm glad the idiot is gone.

Ebenezer
01-14-2006, 07:18 PM
It's his team, he's allowed to know what is going on with it.

He is a great owner because he helped save the AFL from collapse when he aided the Oakland Raiders by giving them money to stay afloat. He is the first owner to say that NFL teams should stay in the cities that they are in instead of moving all over the place. He paid the money to bring Jim Kelly into town which eventually brought the team unprecidented press coverage to this area for a while.
could you imagine this team had he not stepped in and fired Polian??

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2006, 07:41 PM
could you imagine this team had he not stepped in and fired Polian??

So, the story went something to the effect that Ralph's daughter said something to Polian and he told her to "go F herself". Now, if that is true, as the boss, what do you do?

Yeah, the team could have been really good.

You can get any coach, any GM and just about any player, but you really can't pick the owner. And tell me, if you had your choice, would you rather have Ralph, or Tom Benson, Red McCombs, Jerry Jones, Bob Irsay, Art Model, or Snider?

G. Host
01-14-2006, 07:44 PM
You need to seperate family from work. She was working and since the language was supposed common, it is not as big as offense as it would be elsewhere.

Other solution should have been given unless it was a multiple offense.

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2006, 08:59 PM
You need to seperate family from work. She was working and since the language was supposed common, it is not as big as offense as it would be elsewhere.
Other solution should have been given unless it was a multiple offense.

Total BS man. That language isn't that common. You go tell the boss's daughter that and you will be looking for a new job.

Michael82
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Total BS man. That language isn't that common. You go tell the boss's daughter that and you will be looking for a new job.
EXACTLY! Good post. :bf1:

G. Host
01-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Difference is she was also working as an employee and than makes the difference. We do not know the details so it may have been insuborbination.

The_Philster
01-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Difference is she was also working as an employee and than makes the difference. We do not know the details so it may have been insuborbination.
and if you tell an employee that, then you're a terrible boss and in some places, will be shown the door. No matter how you paint it, Polian was in the wrong

Historian
01-15-2006, 06:23 AM
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at 1BD that day.

FirstDownBills
01-15-2006, 11:09 AM

Ice, all respect that I've had for you before has been completely lost. You're a whining ***** about everything. You don't think Ralph is a good owner, you think Marv is a weak GM, you see nothing, but failure. God, if you want to be all depressed go root for the god damn Lions or the Browns. Everyones sick of your stupid threads all the time where you go on your little emo rant about how Ralph and Marv are not giving you a kiss goodnight at night. Just shut your ****in mouth and give something a chance. Would you rather have Donahoe and Mularkey still be in charge?

Ebenezer
01-15-2006, 02:45 PM
So, the story went something to the effect that Ralph's daughter said something to Polian and he told her to "go F herself". Now, if that is true, as the boss, what do you do?

Yeah, the team could have been really good.

You can get any coach, any GM and just about any player, but you really can't pick the owner. And tell me, if you had your choice, would you rather have Ralph, or Tom Benson, Red McCombs, Jerry Jones, Bob Irsay, Art Model, or Snider?
Granted all that but RW has a long history of meddling...RW is the reason this team has had more failure than success. Without the Polian-Levy-Butler Era RW would be held in lower esteem than the other owners you mentioned.