X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Mularkey's agent on the radio this morning

Former steeler linemen Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley have a radio show here in pittsburgh and they had Mularkey's agent on discussing why he left. I didnt hear the entire interview but what I took from it basically what Leo Roth wrote in the DandC article. Mainly the orginazational structure and Ralph's meddling. He had concerns about the top 3 people in the team not living in Buffalo and being there to help him deal with day to day issues. Other comments from his agent included questioning why they are interviewing people for defensive coordinator whey Jerry Grey hasn't even been let go yet. Also he said that yesterday a ranking front office employee admitted that they made a mistake in the way Gregg Williams departure was handled. When Williams left, many of his defensive assistants wanted to go with him but Ralph wouldnt let them go and made Mularkey keep them on his staff when he didn't really want to. That's about all I can remember.
  • BFLOBILLSBURGH
    • Mar 2005

Re: Mularkey's agent on the radio this morning

I heard the same interview. Tunch and Wolf and Mike Brown threw Ralph under the bus. First off, if Mularkey didn't like the Bills job he should of never taken it. He went 9-7 with the staff in 2004 , what is the reason for the drop off. They failed to mention that Mularkey did not get along w/ Moulds, Adams, or Bledsoe during the 2 years.

Mularkey's agent sounded like an ass.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BFLOBILLSBURGH
      I heard the same interview. Tunch and Wolf and Mike Brown threw Ralph under the bus. First off, if Mularkey didn't like the Bills job he should of never taken it. He went 9-7 with the staff in 2004 , what is the reason for the drop off. They failed to mention that Mularkey did not get along w/ Moulds, Adams, or Bledsoe during the 2 years.

Mularkey's agent sounded like an ass.
      Jesus christ folks, you act as if Ralph is a damn saint. HE ISN'T! What did MM's agent say that was wrong or not true? They kept the old coaches and wouldn't let him hire his own/Fire the ones on staff. And Marv, Ralph and Modrak are all GONE most of the time.

You guys need to Wake the hell up. This has very serious makings of being a desaster.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

The owner is always a saint, just like the owner of the company I work for. Money brings out the best in people.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Wow, Ralph is starting to sound like even more of a cheapskate then I was led to believe. I think we just became the new Cleveland Browns.

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Jesus christ folks, you act as if Ralph is a damn saint. HE ISN'T! What did MM's agent say that was wrong or not true? They kept the old coaches and wouldn't let him hire his own/Fire the ones on staff. And Marv, Ralph and Modrak are all GONE most of the time.

You guys need to Wake the hell up. This has very serious makings of being a desaster.
            I'm starting to think you're right ICE. As a kid growing up, I remember my dad saying that Ralph was cheap and would'nt pay coaches or players but that seemed to change after they started winning. All of a sudden Ralph became a saint. This team will be average or below average until there is some real leadership and direction at the top.

Comment

• BFLOBILLSBURGH
              • Mar 2005

I will agree that Ralph tends to be cheap, but Donahoe is the one that screwed everything up. It is bull that Mularkey did not have his staff that he wanted. Who are we talking about, Gray. Gray had our D at the top of the league in 04. Mularkey couldn't get the team to play for him and that is the bottom line.

If you heard the interview , it was all based on the fact that MM could not win or succeed because he did not have his staff. Bottom line Mularkey sucked this year and Tom D killed this team. The agent did not mention anything about MMs play calling or Clements coaching job. Thank god MM is gone.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

I will agree that Ralph tends to be cheap, but Donahoe is the one that screwed everything up. It is bull that Mularkey did not have his staff that he wanted. Who are we talking about, Gray. Gray had our D at the top of the league in 04. Mularkey couldn't get the team to play for him and that is the bottom line.

If you heard the interview , it was all based on the fact that MM could not win or succeed because he did not have his staff. Bottom line Mularkey sucked this year and Tom D killed this team. The agent did not mention anything about MMs play calling or Clements coaching job. Thank god MM is gone.
                Wow, hit the nail on the head here.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Typical Mularkey. He won't take responsibility for his failures, but instead blames everyone else. Weren't his good buddies Brad Roll and Tom Clements as responsible as anyone for our demise? Who hired them?

Mularkey is a weak and indecisive pea brain who slunk out of town like the coward that he is. Now he and his agent are firing shots from Pittsburgh?

I'm really glad the mealy mouthed idiot is gone.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway
                    • Jul 2002

sounds like a bunch of excuses from a quitter to me

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
                      The owner is always a saint, just like the owner of the company I work for. Money brings out the best in people.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
                        sounds like a bunch of excuses from a quitter to me

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Typical Mularkey. He won't take responsibility for his failures, but instead blames everyone else. Weren't his good buddies Brad Roll and Tom Clements as responsible as anyone for our demise? Who hired them?
                        Mularkey is a weak and indecisive pea brain who slunk out of town like the coward that he is. Now he and his agent are firing shots from Pittsburgh?
                        I'm really glad the mealy mouthed idiot is gone.
                        I can't add anything more to that.

Well put, guys.

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

I don't disagree with anything you said concerning Donahoe and Mularkey. I'm glad to see him gone as well as Donahoe. I just feel that the leadership at the top is questionable.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

I was young at the time, so I'm not sure, but for some reason Mularkey reminds me of Kay Stevenson.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                              • Feb 2005

I for one am glad moolarky is gone, but marv better get a nutcracking hard ass in here to get the ship on track!
                              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X