PDA

View Full Version : Every time I hear Marv talk...

lordofgun
01-13-2006, 10:27 AM
...I feel more at ease with the whole situation. I don't think he'd come back and risk tarnishing his legacy if they weren't committed to winning.

And I totally believe what Ralph said about not knowing what the coaches were being paid. TD was the cheapo, not ralph.

Typ0
01-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I think Marv may become the coach. I say "hey, let's give it a shot".

lordofgun
01-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Why not?

Historian
01-13-2006, 10:38 AM
He is something isn't he?

He disarms the press the same way the Beatles used to, with honesty and good humor.

Typ0
01-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Well...he's in charge so there is no question about his having authority. I'd like to see him coach here again. Maybe it seems nostalgic...but is there really a better candidate available?

BillsFever21
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
...I feel more at ease with the whole situation. I don't think he'd come back and risk tarnishing his legacy if they weren't committed to winning.

And I totally believe what Ralph said about not knowing what the coaches were being paid. TD was the cheapo, not ralph.

Why would Donahoe care how much the coaches were being paid? It doesn't come out of his bank account or against the salary cap.

Bulldog
01-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Why would Donahoe care how much the coaches were being paid? It doesn't come out of his bank account or against the salary cap.

I really don't think that TD cared how much he had to spend on a coach. He just wanted one that wouldn't question his authority and that usually led to the hiring of an assistant coach with zero head coaching experience.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 11:11 AM

LOG come on man you are much smarter than this. Maybe RW didn't know what he was paying coaches, but he sure has hell gave TD the BUDGET! If your budget is 4 mill to fill an entire staff, you aren't paying them SH#@. (that is a random number BTW)

Ralph is now under the gun to pay for a QUALITY HC. I doubt he does it. He has to prove it, not provide lip service

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Marv coaching again. But I have full confidence in his ability to judge character and pick a coach. I mean c'mon, the guy knows what it takes to coach, and what it takes to motivate players to play for you. He'll make a good choice.

does anybody really think that Ralph won't pay for the coach Marv thinks should be here? that's why Ralph put Marv in the front office, cause he trusts Marv completely. I'm not really that worried about the $$ being an issue.

L.A. Playa
01-13-2006, 11:21 AM
everytime I hear Marv speak it reminds me of a Geritol commercial

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I think with Marv's history and relationship with Ralph C. "Cheap" Wilson carpetbagger, he is going to be looking out for the organization, and not be as self promoting as Leslie Nielsen was. I honestly think Marv is looking out for the team first.

Historian
01-13-2006, 12:01 PM
It's been a well known fact that Jeff Littman, Ralph's accountant is the one in charge of what gets paid out, so let's not let Ralph off the hook entirely.

OpIv37
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I think with Marv's history and relationship with Ralph C. "Cheap" Wilson carpetbagger, he is going to be looking out for the organization, and not be as self promoting as Leslie Nielsen was. I honestly think Marv is looking out for the team first.

I agree because right now, Marv IS the team. He already has success, he's in the HOF and is a local hero, and he has plenty of money. Marv already HAS everything on the personal level- the only way to look better is to fix the team. Trust me- he's 100% committed or he wouldn't be back.

As far as Marv being coach, I think it would be shady- kind of like when Dick Cheney was in charge of W's VP committee and picked himself.

Tatonka
01-13-2006, 12:26 PM
do you think most coaches or gms think they wont do well and are not committed to winning?

OpIv37
01-13-2006, 12:29 PM
do you think most coaches or gms think they wont do well and are not committed to winning?

no, but some may put their own finances, the organization's finances or their own reputation ahead of the team (ie Mularkey playing Holcomb at the end of the season instead of JP).

Tatonka
01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
i am talking about taking the job.. every one that comes on board thinks they will do great and be the best.. they all think that.. marv is no different.

Michael82
01-13-2006, 01:22 PM
It's a power thing. He doesn't want to have them making more money than him.