PDA

View Full Version : Opp of how NBF saw it!

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Opp of how NBF saw it!

Marv danced around that question as much as he could. And what I heard him say was that when he was brought in, it was with the understanding that it would be as the GM and that MM was still the man.

What I got out of the PC was that Marv still very much wants to coach. I知 guessing that he値l try to talk Ralph into it.

They're probably on the horn with Tagliabue right now asking if they have to interview black coaches if they're promoting from within. If they don't, they'll probably make it official soon. If they have to go thru the motions, it'll be awhile.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Opp of how NBF saw it!

Marv danced around that question as much as he could. And what I heard him say was that when he was brought in, it was with the understanding that it would be as the GM and that MM was still the man.

What I got out of the PC was that Marv still very much wants to coach. I知 guessing that he値l try to talk Ralph into it.

They're probably on the horn with Tagliabue right now asking if they have to interview black coaches if they're promoting from within. If they don't, they'll probably make it official soon. If they have to go thru the motions, it'll be awhile.

Marv should not be the HC. That is all there is to it. Time to put the past in the past

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Marv should not be the HC. That is all there is to it. Time to put the past in the past

I agree! But he wants it!

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I agree! But he wants it!
I concur.

ArcticWildMan
01-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Haslett is still out there.

lordofgun
01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't mind Marv as HC! Call me crazy!

But for him to be GM and HC is a bit much for anyone, let alone an 80-year old.

kgun12
01-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't mind Marv as HC! Call me crazy!

But for him to be GM and HC is a bit much for anyone, let alone an 80-year old.

OK you crazy! :funny: He may want it, but I hope he doesn't get it. I thought making him GM was a good move for a couple of reasons. One to mend fences with the fans, Two he is a reliable friend that Ralph can trust, and three I think he knows the game and with Modrak as the assit GM (and Modrak is the key here) can right the ship. When Marv left pretty much everyone thought it was time, he's in the HOF coming back now would be very bad for his career accomplishments.

Mudflap1
01-13-2006, 12:19 PM
What part of "absolutely not" interested in being the coach did y'all not understand? Marv is the GM, he's not going to be the coach. Drop it. That was crystal clear.

Jon

Tatonka
01-13-2006, 12:23 PM
we f'ed in the a if marv is our new coach and gm.

OpIv37
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
we f'ed in the a if marv is our new coach and gm.

I agree completely. Coach and GM is too much for anyone, but particularly someone as old as Marv. I like Marv at GM cuz he's always been great at picking personnel and I think he would be good at helping to groom a younger coach.

I wouldn't be that upset if he were the coach and someone else were brought in as GM, but I'd prefer to see him stay in the GM role.

Patrick76777
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
What part of "absolutely not" interested in being the coach did y'all not understand? Marv is the GM, he's not going to be the coach. Drop it. That was crystal clear.

Jon

he never said that!

Mudflap1
01-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Ralph said it.

Jon

Michael82
01-13-2006, 01:14 PM
:ill:

FirstDownBills
01-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Opp of how NBF saw it!

Let go of it already. You're looking way too much into things. Marv is here as a GM, and a GM ONLY!