PDA

View Full Version : Time for Ralph Wilson to prove it, not talk it. and say NO to Marv!

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree he didnt' know how much each coach makes. I disagree that he didn't know it was on the cheap. You can't tell me the man didn't know the numbers alocated to the coaching budget. Sorry, no.

That said, The man has now painted himself into a corner. He says money is not an issue in getting a quality HC in here. Prove it. No more talk, speculation, etc....prove it.

Ralph will have to pay no less than 3 mill per for a good HC. We will see in the next week or so if he is being truthful or full of crap. And Again if I am wrong about ol' boy I am more than happy to say I am wrong. It benefits the Bills and their fans if I am wrong. If I am right, we are as screwed as we were just a couple weeks ago.

On another note, just say NO to Marv Levy coaching. Lets can that crap right now. Too old, out of it too long. Time to quit looking to the past and look to the now and the future. Too many qualified guys out there that can do a hell of a job. Mike Sherman and Al Saunders are the top two on my list. Sherman is a proven WINNER in this league and Saunders more than deserves a chance.

Marv says it doesn't matter if the guy is tough or a Tony Dungy type as long as he can work with all the people in the org, and teach his players. Ralph says he wants a guy involved but not too involved with his assistants. I agree...IF we PAY for quality assistants.

Look this org doesn't look that good to the rest of the world regardless of how marv trys to paint it. We need to step up, sign a damn good HC and damn good assistants to show the world (esp FA's and potential draft picks) that we are committed to getting back on the winning ways.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Do you ever have a clue?

hydro014
01-13-2006, 11:45 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->No sherman, i watch every packers game out here in iowa. his play calling sucks and half the time his team is unprepared for who they play. All my friends are die hard packer fans and all agree that the only reason they went to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years is b/c of Farve, they also point out that over the last few years Chi, Min, and Det have all really sucked. They all agreed that the only way that they would have wanted sherman to return this year was if it guaranted Farves return. Please no Sherman, if you thought that MM play calling was bad you should have seen Sherman's, it was very similar. So i say any one with HC experience except Sherman.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2006, 11:59 AM
I believe I heard Ralph say categorically that Marv would not be the coach, using the word "No," when asked specifically at the press conference if Marv would be returning to the sidelines. Why make an issue of a non-issue?

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Do you ever have a clue?

Yeah all the time and know more about football than most here. It would be nice if people took off the homeristic glasses and see the team for what it is.

time for ralph to shut up and put up.

Mudflap1
01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I believe I heard Ralph say categorically that Marv would not be the coach, using the word "No," when asked specifically at the press conference if Marv would be returning to the sidelines. Why make an issue of a non-issue?

Agree 100%. The exact quote was "absolutely not."

Jon

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah all the time and know more about football than most here. It would be nice if people took off the homeristic glasses and see the team for what it is.

You should post like it once in awhile. It would be a refreshing change for us all!

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Is your real name Jerry Sullivan by any chance?

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 01:29 PM
You should post like it once in awhile. It would be a refreshing change for us all!

Actually I do. I cant help it some of you aren't up to speed.

AndreReed83
01-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Jan said it best, you're making an issue out of a non-issue. Of course it COULD happen. Does it require numerous threads about it? What more do you want Ralph to do to prove he's serious about not hiring Marv as head coach? All you have is his word and that is all Ralph can do is give his word. To worry about the issue is really moot.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Jan said it best, you're making an issue out of a non-issue. Of course it COULD happen. Does it require numerous threads about it? What more do you want Ralph to do to prove he's serious about not hiring Marv as head coach? All you have is his word and that is all Ralph can do is give his word. To worry about the issue is really moot.

Thank you!

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 04:17 PM
First off I am not any one on here's 'Jr'. Secondly have the sac to say who you are when hitting me with a negative. Or is that the MO to neg someone and be a coward about it.

And If you feel the need to ban me because I do know more than most around here, Do what you feel you need to do. I am here to talk bills, not kiss arse.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
First off I am not any one on here's 'Jr'. Secondly have the sac to say who you are when hitting me with a negative. Or is that the MO to neg someone and be a coward about it.

And If you feel the need to ban me because I do know more than most around here, Do what you feel you need to do. I am here to talk bills, not kiss arse.

:calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm:

No sense in getting riled up. Like some posters have said all we can do is take Mr. Wilson word for it. I highly doubt MArv will come back to the sidelines.

Yes ICE i do agree with you about the situation. If Mr Wilson says that money is not the issue then prove it. Enough of these NEWBIE head coaches. I want someone that has proven they can win in the NFL. Enough of taking taking chances on unproven HC. We missed our oppurtunity at JOhn Fox, Marvin Lewis, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Cronnell so we have to live with it.

Point is if ralph is serious about getting a title here in buffalo he does need to prove it. Find a coach who has proven he can win and then sign the appropriate assistants to back him up.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes ICE i do agree with you about the situation. If Mr Wilson says that money is not the issue then prove it. Enough of these NEWBIE head coaches. I want someone that has proven they can win in the NFL. Enough of taking taking chances on unproven HC. We missed our oppurtunity at JOhn Fox, Marvin Lewis, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Cronnell so we have to live with it.

How much head coaching experience did those guys have???

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2006, 04:38 PM

Precisely. People want the next up and coming top HC who has HC experience. Got news for ya, there's no such thing. You either get a retread who's been fired, a dust collector who comes out of retirement, or an assistant coach with no previous HC experience.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 04:38 PM

True Gunz but i'm just saying we missed the boat on those guys. In reality are there any unproven coaches out there worth taking a chance on?

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Precisely. People want the next up and coming top HC who has HC experience. Got news for ya, there's no such thing. You either get a retread who's been fired, a dust collector who comes out of retirement, or an assistant coach with no previous HC experience.

Listen guys i'm just saying that we have been down that road for 5 years now and it has gotten this organization no where fast. I just don't want to see anthor take a chance on me guy come in here. Sure if we hire someone who has been fired it will upset some people. But let's look at the 2 guys who i would look at for the HC position.

Jim Haslett. Sure he was fired in New Orleans. But how can you blame him for the season he had down there this year. Those players hearts were not in it this year. Honestly who could blame them. Besides that how many players wanted to go to the big easy and play football for them anyway. He did have good seasons with saints i believe he even took them to the playoffs. He won with a sub par QB in aaron brooks.

Mike Sherman. We all know what he did in green bay. Sure he had one of the best QB in favre but he won and in this league wins and losses is all that matters. Yeah he had a crap year this year but dang half of the key players on the team went down with injuries.

All i'm saying is that IMO i would like someone who has established something in the league.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
:calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm: :calm:

No sense in getting riled up. Like some posters have said all we can do is take Mr. Wilson word for it. I highly doubt MArv will come back to the sidelines.

Point is if ralph is serious about getting a title here in buffalo he does need to prove it. Find a coach who has proven he can win and then sign the appropriate assistants to back him up.

I'll be :calm: When the cowards quit threatening to ban me for what I say. I bring good football discussion to the board. I don't kiss arse.

That said, As for as coordinators go, I feel Saunders might be our best bet. He was a HC for about 1.5 years in SD before fired. He was stuck with a moron for a GM and another cheap owner. Since then he has grown signifigantly. Year after year his systems on offense are near the top of the league. I would be willing to give the man a shot.

tat2dmike77
01-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll be :calm: When the cowards quit threatening to ban me for what I say. I bring good football discussion to the board. I don't kiss arse.

That said, As for as coordinators go, I feel Saunders might be our best bet. He was a HC for about 1.5 years in SD before fired. He was stuck with a moron for a GM and another cheap owner. Since then he has grown signifigantly. Year after year his systems on offense are near the top of the league. I would be willing to give the man a shot.

I dunno about the whole banning thing i don't see why were fighting amongst eachother were bills fans. If were fighting amongst eachother were no better then those low life fish fans.

That said i'll be honest i don't know much about Saunders. All i know is that i'm with you i want the best man for the job. I'm sick of these experiments. I personally wouldn't mind seeing hasselett in the position.

ICE74129
01-13-2006, 05:22 PM
More cowards with the negs. At least grow a pair and list your name when you neg someone.

ICE74129
01-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Phil = chicken SH@!